Dry your eyes and testify
[html]
Hi Smile [WC: 366 | Pts: 3]

The horse’s hooves sounded like thunder as they pounded the ground. Tyko had been on his way towards Vinatta, but something changed his mind. Maybe it was the vibe he got when he neared the pack lands… It just wasn’t the place for him. With Abella, his slave, clinging to him from around his waist, they set off in the opposite direction, passing a pack that they visited once before, Inferni. He had no intentions of revisiting there for anything. The attitude they gave him was preposterous! He never received one like it… especially due to the fact that he had done nothing!

Tyko stewed over Inferni’s ways for the rest of the way toward Halifax. Deo, his horse, happily carried them, setting himself a pace as well – a fast one. Abella clung to Tyko and Tyko drove the horse, losing himself in his own thoughts. They were planning to go to Halifax, but when he found that they had passed it more than a mile back, he kept going anyway. The scents he got from a pack he was nearing drew him in. He steered the horse to run towards its borders. The pack seemed to have the right kind of vibe he was looking for.

When they arrived just before the borderline, Tyko halted his horse. The horse skidded to a stop and snorted, catching his breath. Tyko howled from the back of his horse, calling whoever would come and tell him of this place. From what he could see from his spot, he liked it. The scents he received weren’t too favorable, less females than males. He would have to look for a girl somewhere else. Abella snorted behind him, but he nudged her hard with an elbow. Abella was happy being a loner, and she didn’t want to settle down anywhere. Tyko had a different idea.

The male sat atop his horse, waiting for someone to arrive. He felt Abella relax behind him, her arms were no longer wrapped around his abdomen. Deo snorted and dipped his head to eat the grass before him. It was a quiet evening, not quite dark yet. The perfect night to move into a new home.

<style>
.tykoskull { background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/2w2o7xj.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:520px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:"times new roman", times, serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:2px solid #000000; border-radius:15px;}
.tykoskull b {color:#ffffff; text-shadow: 0 0 .3em #490aa4, 0 0 .3em #490aa4, 0 0 .3em #490aa4; }
.tykoskull p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.tykoskull p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html] hi Smile

It was unwise to ride so late at night. The Marshal knew this well, for he cared for his horse companion deeply. But he knew it was best to return to the Court as soon as possible. And so having traveled from the orchards in Berwick, after visiting his mother, Alder continued home despite the lack of light and growing darkness. That was what caught the normally slumbering wolf awake and riding so late at night.

Alder and Hawthorn took the path slowly, and they knew the way well so his fear that there would be something to fault the horse was minimal. When they breached the comfort of the borders Alder turned the horse towards his cabin, a night in the elements beside his house would not harm ‘Thorn at the least. But something caused him to ask the horse to halt, and his brown ears swiveled forward to catch the tone. It was not familiar, nor did he find his stomach eased by it. On the contrary it twisted, and he waited for a reply to come to answer.

The King would no doubt sense this breach of etiquette of visitation and go to defend their border. But there was nothing, only silence surrounding them. Hawthorn pawed at the ground in agitation, feeding off of Alder’s. Still no sound was made in retort to the wolfish call.

Kicking the stallion lightly they made their way towards howl. The momentum calmed him, and when he still heard no answer he paused the horse to give one of his own. It was a deep voice that rang from his throat, a long call that warned the stranger that someone was on their way. He even took up another song once the breath of the first died. He urged Hawthorn further, catching the scent of a trio of creatures and hunting them down.

The Marshal was cautious, stalking them while on horse back until he was in ear range of the two canines and horse. Your are in Cour des Miracles. What brings you here so late at night? He called, closing the gap as he did so. Alder was not a brave beast, he was upfront and assertive by nature. But the meeting, and calling in the dead of night did not make him as cordial as he normaly was.

[/html]
[html]
I originally changed it to not say he was looking for a new home, but apparently the forum issues reverted it back >.< It used to be an AW thread… [WC: 295 | Pts: 0]

There was an answer to his call, and Deo shuffled a bit. Abella sat atop the horse, but she wasn’t sure what they were doing there. Neither was Tyko. For the few moments they waited for this wolf to arrive, Tyko thought against making this his new home. Even if this man that was on his way was a leader, he would only ask information about the pack. He would not ask to join.

Soon, the man was in scent range, and Tyko took in all the information he could. So, whoever this other was, was not a leader. Good, so he won’t have to really explain himself. He knew he was on the edge of the pack borders, and immediately once he was answered, he wished he wasn’t so close. He knew his actions would start some kind of conflict, but it was too late now. He ordered Deo to back away from the borders. The horse obeyed, slowly. He took slow steps backward so that the small group was no longer breaching the pack borders that much.

Tyko and Abella’s heads turned, and Deo halted, once they heard another’s voice. Abella stayed quiet and wide-eyed, letting the men talk. Tyko sat straight on his horse, and dipped his nose in respect to the man. He didn’t need any conflicts at the moment. ”My apologies for being so close. I was thinking of finding someone to ask about this pack – but I decided against it. I was just about to leave when you showed up.” His other hand, that wasn’t in the man’s view, touched Abella’s thigh to calm her. The female still sat there quietly behind him, and scared. ”We’re loners. The time of day doesn’t really bother us.” Day or night they rode.

<style>
.tykoskull { background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/2w2o7xj.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:520px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:"times new roman", times, serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:2px solid #000000; border-radius:15px;}
.tykoskull b {color:#ffffff; text-shadow: 0 0 .3em #490aa4, 0 0 .3em #490aa4, 0 0 .3em #490aa4; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Rider and horse stood their ground, waiting for the male and female to reply to his question. This was far from polite, the Marshal had concluded. He had been raised by a leader of a wolf pack, a very respectable one, and knew that edict while approaching a pack lands was as important as breathing. It would ensure that you could continue to do so. It was why the pair's behavior made the male so uneasy.

The male spoke, giving an apology that eased Alder's worries slightly. But only slightly. He continued to explain that he wished to learn about the Court, and that even in the night hours lone wolves traveled. Alder took in the words and contemplated them. There was something about them that made his natural trusting ways falter, and he wondered if the male was honest in his words. Was he truly planning on leaving? Part of him wished they would just go, but he was not so bold to request it.

What is it you would like to know? He asked, bringing Hawthorn around so that their sides faced the strangers rather then standing in front of them head on.

[/html]
[html]
Very short >.< I didnt want to just archive it and leave it like that, so at least Tyko just weirdly rejects Alder O.o [WC: 327 | Pts: 3]

Abella, sitting behind Tyko, could feel the tension in the air. She knew her companion didn’t set an easy mood no matter where he went or who he was talking to. She figured this could either get real ugly, real fast or by some chance of a miracle – Tyko could just back down and leave. Chances were slim for the latter.

Deo snorted sensing the other stallion. It seemed the testosterone ran in the group – except for Abella. Tyko was hot-headed, as well as his horse. After steering Deo toward the other horse so that he could no longer see him too clearly, the stallion seemed to settle down some. ”I thought about joining here…” He started, Abella clutched his waist. She didn’t sense any trouble, but with Tyko it didn’t matter if it was sensed beforehand or not – it was bound to come. ”But while I was sitting here waiting for someone to arrive, I decided against it. I don’t think your pack is right for me.” They seemed too soft to be his kind of pack. Sure, Abella would probably be much more comfortable there, but he wouldn’t be. And how comfortable he was, was what mattered the most.

Tyko steered Deo to the opposite side, just like the man before him and his horse. ”My apologies for being so close to the borders. I was hoping to get a glimpse of the territory, but I don’t need one now.” Abella looked at the man with the horse. He seemed to be a gentle spirit, and he seemed to care for his horse a lot. And she could tell all of this from just looking at him. She wondered what was underneath the surface. Tyko turned the horse to go, ”Goodbye.” He stuck around for a few more moments just in case the man were to tell him something that he may want to hear before he ignored everything else and strode off into the night.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Tension, it filled the air. Regardless of how much space lingered between the two sets of riders it was thick and heavy. Alder did not thrive in such situations, but he did not back down and show his weaker nature. It was hard from a tough creature; his strengths were patience, kindness and compassion. But along the borders at night and in the presence of strangers the Marshal knew that he needed to gather courage.

The black stranger spoke, vivid eyes watching the Captain’s form as well as his horse. He had wished to join, but had then thought against it. The loner must have lost much of his social instinct, for Alder did not know of a beast that would come to the borders at night and wish to spend time and see a territory. Nothing about it settled with him. And yet before the tall luperci could speak a word the trio was turning tail and riding towards the free lands.

After a confused moment he kicked Hawthorn into a gallop, a rare physical push from the rider, and chased after them. Trust was not something that Alder felt for the strangers, and so he could not believe that they would simply slip away as innocently as the male had offered. But when the pack’s scent was softened, and the stench of the neutral lands overwhelmed him there was no sign of the two wolves and their stallion.

Agitated and even angered Alder roamed the borders, hunting for a sign of the three. Just in case the thought it safe to double back, for what ever reason that had brought them to the Court in the first place.

[/html]