You know you're not the only one
So far, Itzal saw Rio out at night (yes, it's night time) looking through store windows and just walking around aimlessly. He approaches her at a safe distance, and they begin to talk. She doesn't trust him at first, but soon recognizes him from her old pack, Anathema. So, hearing that he doesn't have anywhere to stay, she invites him to her house (in Greater Halifax) to sleep on the couch. She feels bad for him and figures that he could be trustworthy enough. So, in thanks for her letting him stay, Itzal gives her a dagger (with an interesting, strong blade and a white handle, Rio loves it instantly) and four throwing knives, which she'll probably wind up stashing away somewhere.

This thread shows Rio's reaction to Itzal's gifts. And we go from here.....

[html]
Rio Marino
Word Count :: 000 || Points: 0 Ooc.

The lock was just for keeping outsiders from coming in, but the male was free to go at any time. Rio didn’t bother letting him know, since she assumed he was familiar with human house locks, but he wasn’t. As he placed a few weapons on the table, she looked down and instantly liked the dagger. It would be a good weapon to use once she got into defending herself. She stood up from the couch and picked the dagger from the table. She examined it, making note of all the things he said. She liked the blue glint the blade had to it. She unsheathed the dagger she threatened him with earlier, and placed it on the table, replacing it with the new one. The old dagger had been a very decorative one – probably meant to be hung on the wall rather than used. Rio didn’t know anything about weapons. ”Thank you so much! This one’s probably better than the one I had,” she patted her thigh, but unstrapped the sheath anyway. She placed the whole thing on the coffee table so that she could sit down better. She curled her knees to her chest and watched him explain. ”Well, you can live on this couch. It’s pretty comfy. I would even sleep here. But all the other rooms are taken.” Including hers. ”There is another couch upstairs, a lot smaller than this one – if you feel uncomfortable here, you can always sleep up there. It’s next to my bedroom door.” In case he ever wanted to come in, she once again didn’t say. Rio was turning into a bit of a whore in her lonely age.

Well, now that business was taken care of – she could be nosey. ”So… Where’d you go?” She told him her story, now it was time for him to spit out his. If he was living in her house now, she had to know something about him. Even if he were to make up a lie, she wouldn’t know as she doesn’t know him.

Photo by WyldRaven@Flickr

<style>
.Rineb .words {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Alex Brush'; text-align:left; color:#ffffff; line-height:15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 20px; padding:10px 0px 0px 30px;}
.Rineb p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Rineb b {font-family:georgia; color:#d1c5e4; margin:5px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Rineb {background-color:#6a4d90; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:520px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/989co5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px;}
.Rineb .inner {margin:5px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:300px; overflow:auto;}
.Rineb .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #190a24; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
.credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; width:358px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Okay this is close to the first one I think.

Itzal smiled when he saw how excited she was about the knife. He was happy he could at least give her something right now. And of course he planned on helping her out any way he could, surely he could be of use around the house or even getting her things she needed. For now that would give him something to do, to keep him busy. And it would keep him out of his own head.

Itzal sat down at the far end of the couch from her, "Well it should at least give you an advantage. Since the blade is so hard it can hold off other swords and knives. And the smaller knives are for you, they are throwing knives. I'm sure you probably don't have much experience with them, but I can teach you. Honestly you only have to get them close enough to make someone think twice about going after you." He stopped talking and looked around as she explained where he could sleep. His mind in was already working, as he looked at the front door and then around at the different doorways. If someone were to break into the house he would be the first person they would see. He started thinking about how the fight would play out, where there would be cover, the distance to the front door. It was how his mind worked, he was constantly ready for a fight or the possibility that he would have to defend himself. He thought about the couch upstairs and thought that one would be better, but he wasn't sure.

"So where do your other guest sleep?" He asked because he needed to know where others would be if he was going to sleep in the house. His lifestyle had made him careful and so far being careful kept him alive. He was looking around again when she decided to be nosey. He tensed up some when she asked him what he had done after he left Nova Scota. That wasn't exactly how she phrased it but what else could where'd you go? mean? He looked at her and smiled. He couldn't tell her the truth she wouldn't understand yet or maybe even ever. The only person who did understand only understood because she had meant her fair share of crazies and knew them. But Itzal didn't want to lie completely to this generous female who was opening up her home to him. So he just told a half-truth. "I just didn't think what I was looking for was here. So I left to hunt down an old flame. But the reunion turned out to be kind of unpleasant. So I just kind of wandered by myself for a while until I realized I was headed back this way and I just decided to come back. I guess maybe there is something for me here." He shrugged, "Kind of boring really." And it was to him. Killing was normal for him, it wasn't something that stood out in his life, so he could just shrug it off. He smiled at her and sighed, "So if there anything around here you could us help with?"

<style type="text/css">
.itziziti b {font-weight:bold; color:#c5807c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.itziziti p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.itziziti {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#3c0003; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/f1gps7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 272px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#995753; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.itziziti p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.itziziti p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Rio Marino
Word Count :: 359 || Points: 0 Ooc.

Rio listened intently to the man’s instruction. He offered to teach her about throwing knives, and Rio got lost in the thought for a moment. What could it hurt? She couldn’t be innocent and worthless forever. She nodded once he said so, and she shifted a bit on the L-shaped couch. ”Well, I have two other rooms. There’s one down that hall,” She pointed passed the living room and kitchen down the hall to a doorway that consisted of two doors. One was boarded off, and the other closed. ”A female and her child live there. And there’s one upstairs that houses a Brit. He’s really a nice guy. Harvey.” She didn’t know much about his troubled background, but he seemed nice. Her lonely nature got her to invite him to stay more than her trust allowed her to normally. She wanted some kind of spark to happen, and in her mind, she would be able to force it by having a house full of men. Maybe a sex session would get her out of her shell.

Rio thought about his question for a moment. He was bored- what did she need done? All the cleaning was done, as done as it will ever be. There was no handy work to be done, and she wasn’t sure if this man knew any fixing skills. She felt like she knew what thing he could do and probably enjoy it much more than she would - ”You can hunt for me. Go out, tomorrow of course, outside of the city and catch a nice elk. Cut up its meat and put it into the jars in the kitchen cabinets. I’ll help you – just knock on my door upstairs when you’ve come back.” There. He has some use now.

Rio continued to sit there and fidget with the hem of her white dress. She looked up suddenly, ”What’s your name?” She knew she knew him from Anathema, but she couldn’t recall a name – as she was pretty sure he didn’t know hers either. She always fell back into the darkness in Anathema – many didn’t know her, not even a few of her brothers.

<style>
.Rineb .words {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Alex Brush'; text-align:left; color:#ffffff; line-height:15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 20px; padding:10px 0px 0px 30px;}
.Rineb b {font-family:georgia; color:#d1c5e4; margin:5px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Rineb {background-color:#6a4d90; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:520px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/989co5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px;}
.Rineb .inner {margin:5px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:300px; overflow:auto;}
.Rineb .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #190a24; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
.credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; width:358px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 340 || Points: 3 Ooc.

Itzal smiled as she agreed he could teach her. He enjoyed teaching people so maybe it would help him too keep him mind off things. He leaned back on the couch more, relaxing some in the house. He glanced down the hall she indicated. He took in the boarded up door for a second wondering what was behind it. Then he put that aside and looked at the closed door. Itzal wasn't too worried about the female and her pup. He actually kind of liked pups.

Then Itzal glanced up towards the stairs where the Brit's room was. Harvey she said her name was. She claimed he was a nice guy but she probably thought he was a nice guy too. He would just have to wait and see for himself. But at least now he knew where the other guest would be. "Okay. And your room is right upstairs too?" He asked with a smile, since he might be staying up on the couch near here room he had just assumed that is was upstairs near Harvey's.

Itzal's face broke into a smile as she told him he could hunt. That job was perfect for him and it was something he enjoyed doing. "Okay, I can do that. And if I get a big enough one, I'll get you to help me. Which I probably will." He smirked and touched his hip where his pouch was thinking about the hunt. Then he put his hand back on the couch and looked at her with surprise. He hadn't told her his name had he? And she still invited him to stay here without even knowing a name first? He thought it was kind of funny to be honest. "My name is Itzal, and it is nice to meet you miss..?" So now he had a place to stay, a job to do, and a few roommates to meet. A lot had happened in the little while since he had returned. More than he had expected but that wasn't necessarily bad.

<style>
.Itzdevil p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Itzdevil b {font-family:verdana; color:#fefefe; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Itzdevil {background-color:#303030; font-family:'Times New Roman', times, serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; line-height:14px; width:520px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/28l88d2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:310px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000;}
.Itzdevil .inner {margin:5px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:350px; overflow:auto;}
.Itzdevil .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #190a24; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Rio Marino
Word Count :: 191 || Points: 0 Nice tableee, you like them? – you wanna thread the next day? We’ll have to backdate it.

Rio followed his gaze to the boarded door, ”Oh, it’s a bathroom that I’m guessing the humans were in the middle of fixing. It’s a mess in there.” Totally nothing weird in there at all. Except a bathroom, in which Luperci had no use for anyway. Rio pooped in the yard or at the side of the yard and then cleaned it up with Vitalia’s various turds all over the place. Human toilets didn't work anyway. It would have been very useful if they did, but of course they didn't. The black female stood from the couch – she needed to sleep soon. ”Yes, my room’s upstairs. It’s the door closest to the couch.” She gathered her presents in her arms, and left her old dagger on the coffee table.

She fixed her dress, and then turned to him. ”Rio. And okay – just knock on my door if I’m not already out here.” She had a bunch of sharp objects in her arms, and she headed toward the stairs. ”Goodnight. See you in the morning, or tomorrow.” Then she went up the stairs, and shortly after a door closed and locked behind her.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 370 || Points: 3 YES!! I love the tables, A LOT! And yeah we can, I'm fine with backdating it.

Rio explanation of what was behind the boarded up door put all of his interest about it to rest. A bathroom didn't interest him, even if it had been fixed up and working. He didn't have any use for one and he never would. The mystery about the door was solved so he looked away from it and back at Rio. She confirmed for him that the couch was right upstairs and right next to her room. So now he knew where everyone would be. He could sleep with a tiny sense of peace at least.

He saw her gather her things up and knew before she said anything that she was headed to her room to sleep. But before she said goodnight and went up stairs she told him her name was Rio. So his generous landlord's name was Rio. "Nice to meet you Rio. And thank you again for your patronage." He nodded as she told him to knock on her door if she wasn't already up. "Good night. I'll see you tomorrow then." He watched her walk up the stairs and listened as he heard the distinctive sound of a door closing followed by the sound of it locking.

He sighed, rolling his shoulders to work out a knot he could feel between his shoulder blades. Then he looked around once more. He was tired, yes, but he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep for a while yet. He would have to stop looking over his shoulder first. He sighed once more then laid down on the couch, stretching himself out as some of his joints popped. He tried to get comfortable on the big couch, then laid there, thinking about his day and tomorrow. He would have to get up early and go out hunting. He would go out before the elk really woke up. He planned to catch them as they were waking up and gathering the herd and calves. Then just when they relaxed he planned on taking one down. Which meant what little sleep he could get would be valuable. So he forced himself to settle down and stop his thoughts from running around long enough for him to slip into sleep.

<style>
.GR2_Rio p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Rio b {font-family:verdana; color:#656877; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Rio {background-color:#0b090c; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#d1ccd0; line-height:12px; width:414px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i50.tinypic.com/vg24v4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Rio .ooc {text-align:Left; font-family:verdana; color:#dccab6; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #656877; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
</style>
Code by Kitty !
[/html]