Solutions Maybe
[html]

Word Count :: 242 OOC: Set for Aug 11 in the morning.

After the incident with the she wolf, Sira felt down. X’yrin didn’t believe her. She said she was not really seeing anything and it felt horrible to be mistrusted. She sulked all that night but pretended to be asleep when X’yrin came back. Because she was so down she didn’t sleep, not to mention the encounter with the man that was out to get her. So when dawn came she snuck out before X’yrin was suppose to awaken and moved out into the open, staying near the mountain’s face until she found a small path that she found led up to a secluded place.

There she found a spot to curl up and have a little privacy to cry, which she held in all that night. Her tears were fat and numerous and she felt like a failure. She was doing her best to fit in with the pack, but it seemed she just wasn’t to be trusted even by the woman who saved her. Her mind reeled as she thought about it and the next thought that came to her mind made her cry even more. She didn’t belong in the pack, she was going to leave, she was probably meant to be with the wolves who had enslaved her, and it was far less confusing, albeit far more scary than anything she experienced here... Her mind kept fighting with itself as she let out the sobs of misery.

<style>
.kiraducks { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S4j6E.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#cccccc; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#7d7d7d; font-family:arial, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000; }
.kiraducks b {color:#5b5451; }
.kiraducks p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.kiraducks p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

• Setting: Morning of Aug 11th

• It had been a long night, filled with confusion, but through determination a resolution was found as well as information that calmed the worried Nomad’s mind. She was able to sleep soundly knowing there was no threat to her Family, but was still troubled by what had caused the misunderstanding in the first place. Sira.

She had taken extensive care over the young woman. Coddled her, tried to help her assimilate into the pack as welcoming as she could. All in the hopes it would let her trust the Family more and see there was no reason to fear. But these hallucinations of bad males trying to take her away… they were growing tiresome and disheartening. The Issor was no stranger to time healing wounds, but a positive influence tended to quicken the process. But were her experiences here not positive enough? What had the autumn female been doing wrong for her charge to still be fearful of what did not exist?

Waking with these troubled thoughts, she left the chambers in the morning to seek out her friend. Instruction was left to the pup in her care to tread lightly when he walked around the dens, but otherwise affirmed his freedom to roam. Blind though he was, he was a resourceful and able pup and trusted him to be in the care of the Family if he wandered too far from a ‘safe’ path.

X’yrin followed Sira’s scent, easily distinguished from the heavy scent of wolf and the wild. She took the façade of the mountain underpaw bounding from stable rock to the next to quicken her assent keeping her companion’s scent fresh in her flared nostrils. The sobs of pain…emotional but not physical, drew her ears forward as her search came to an abrupt and heart wrenching end. Halting just a little ways from the small jackal, she lowered both her ears and tail portraying a non threatening image before coming closer. “Sira..” the she-wolf called softly to her family. “Sira wasn’t wrong? It is the morning of a new day…you should smile for it. Not cry for the loss of night.”

354 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {
    background-image:none;
    padding:10px;
    line-height:12px;
    margin:5px auto; width:85%;
    background-color:#938d93;
    border:1px solid #2d242d;
    font-size:10px;
    color:#2d242d;
    border-radius:2px;
    border-style: dashed;
    -moz-border-radius:2px;
    -webkit-border-radius:2px; }

.oocinfo {
    width:250px;
    margin:5px; }
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

Word Count :: 216 OOC: Sad sad Sira!

Her thoughts were storming through her head and she neither saw, heard or smelled X’yrin’s ascent toward the young depressed jackal. She was startled by X’yrin’s soft voice and she tried hiding her tears and unhappiness by rubbing her face on her leg and sniffing as though nothing happened, but she knew better and so did her protector. It would do them both bad if she lied, Sira never lied... “I am not sad about the dark... I am sad you don’t believe me... He was out there I swear.”

She said her eyes brimming with tears again but she did her best to hold them back. It hurt her to do so, but she didn’t want to look weak towards her leader and the woman that helped take care of her. She was suppose to be a part of the pack now, but she still seemed to have trouble making everyone believe her; “I don’t belong here, no one trusts me they don’t want to believe me no one sees him but I do he’s waiting for me and he’s going to get me again.” She said, her tail tucked and her posture in her normal fearful slump that made her look even smaller than her own small form.

<style>
    .kiraducks { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S4j6E.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#cccccc; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#7d7d7d; font-family:arial, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000; }
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Where to begin...how to begin. She had had this conversation countless times before and it seemed the previous talks were getting them nowhere. The Issor was at a loss for what to do now... how to convince her dear friend that what she saw was not real.

She could not stand to see her cry like this, for something there was no cause for. How was she to undo the trauma inflicted on so fragile a mind? How was she to pull it from the dark horrors of her imagination and into the light of reality? X'yrin was growing exhausted with trying, but she had not given up on her friend. But looking into her tearing eyes, she could not help but wonder if all of this had been in vain. Doubt knotted her brows and laid her ears flat against their auburn bed.

"Sira...you know that we do trust you," she began softly. "But you feeling you do not belong is brought upon yourself. You have made great progress in accepting the members of this family, finding a way to help it prosper. But your trust in those that care for you is still lacking." Pausing to let her words sink in, the Nomad took a seat. "In the time you have been here, you claim someone is still coming after you, but no one else can see him Sira. He does NOT exist. Or do you believe we would let someone trespass onto our lands to attack you? Do you have so little faith in your family?"

259 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

Word Count :: 214 OOC:

Sira couldn’t control her crying, she felt horrible and she showed it, she was unable to understand, and they didn’t seem to think she was right. X’yrin started speaking as calmly as she could and Sira listened but little comprehension went on behind her eyes. Her eyes went wide when the woman made the claim that she’d been thinking, that X’y and all the others thought she made up her predicament.

“But he does, he does exist, he hurt me he made me do bad things.” She cried out but stopped short as the last bit came into her head about her trusting her pack mates. It was true she had not been harmed... not in the way she was scared of, and it was true they protected her and she shook her head. She had faith in all but X’ies, she was sure he’d throw her straight to the jaws of the two wolves that were keeping their eyes on her; “But they are waiting... I know they are waiting. Every time I see them they go away when someone else comes,” She sniffed in her own defense. her throat hurt with the bulge that seemed like it wouldn’t ever go away. She wasn’t crazy. She wasn’t.

<style>
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]

ooc:

"Sira please..." X'yrin tried to console her friend as she fell into deeper sobs. There were no need for these tears, not when it was apparently she had nothing but her own mind to fear. A gleaming of understanding in her eyes would have been enough to convince the Nomad her words were getting through. But reflected were blank, fear stricken orbs staring back at her. That was all. It was discouraging, and her ears sank deeper within her mane in disappointment.

"He may exist, but he is not here..." regardless of her body postured in defeat she continued on hoping she would grasp onto something. "He is a part of your past but not your future. You are letting the past rule you and it is not allowing you to move forward. It is keeping you from trusting your family to insure your safety. The only thing that is waiting for you is your sanity slipping away. If you truly were being watched, being stalked by these men, why would they not just take you away? Why would they sneak and watch you when you are supposedly within their grasp? Why go to such lengths just to torment you..."

200 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

Word Count :: 229 OOC:

Sira was not looking at X’yrin because if she were she would be shocked at the look and posture her leader was giving, but her eyes were full of tears and she was looking down so she didn’t have to see the disappointed face in her protectors eyes. She spoke and Sira thought. The words were wise, they had to be coming from the mouth of X’yrin, but Sira was only hating herself more as she listened, so she believed her in a way, but didn’t.

Of course there was little to logic for the jackal who’s life had been spent in a hole, and the rest being beaten and used as a … slave. She had little ideas of common sense and actual logic. So she thought hard as X’yrin spoke and gave her the situation and tried to see it in her eyes rather than her own. It was hard, and she was starting to see where the woman was coming from; “I want to trust... I do, I don’t know why they do that, I just know he said... he said if I ever ran away he would hunt me down and make my life miserable in all ways possible.” She said and she believed those words deep down in her heart. She knew he would do that, he knew he’d come.

<style>
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]

ooc:

Her words were harsh, but they were meant to sink in and jar some sense loose for Sira to mull over. She may not have known to the fullest extent how her friend was tortured and used, but what the Nomad did know was the power of the mind and how such horrible things could be pushed back and dealt with when ready. It was never an easy feat, for it was fairly akin to denial in any sense, but differed in the fact it was not being overwritten as 'never happened', but embraced as 'happened and accepting, but pondering later'. What was needed now was a time to heal so that her trust would have a chance to seed and grow.

"I realize that perhaps we have been going about this wrong," the Nomad breathed softly and turned her kind eyes to her friend. "It is my own fault for not understanding what happened to you and how it impacted you... and I hope to rectify my ignorant mistake." Ears drawn down in sadness were perked up with determination as it was newly found and dawned on the female's face.

"If you believe he will come for you, if that is what your mind will not let you be rid of, then you must make yourself stronger Sira. Strong enough that even if he did come after you, he would not take you willingly. You would fight, you would resist, you would use every ounce of your strength against him until your Family came to send his worthless existence to his Death. You will make yourself strong, so should you see him you will learn not to fear his face, but despise it and want only to tear it apart... When you see his face again, you will see fear in his eyes."

304 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

Word Count :: 213 OOC:

She sat sulking still, but her large ears were listening to X’yrin. They twitched as she started proposing to …. fight back. Sira looked at the woman with wide eyes and wonder; “But... but X’ies says I should just learn to hunt... he says I can’t fight.” It wasn’t exactly what he said, but that’s how Sira perceived it... then her mind mulled through it more and she looked up at X’yrin. “Could I really? I don’t want to be weak. I don’t want to be scare. I want to be strong and useful like you.” Her confidence was coming back, well not that really but an excitement in her. She had been told about being a warrior and she got excited about it at first until her encounter with X’ies put her off. Then Palaydrian showed her a little bit about tracking and had shown her that there were no tracks where the man had been, but she still didn’t believe he wasn’t there, not much deterred her but perhaps learning to fight back was something that could save her sanity. Though that wasn’t how the young jackal saw it. It was a chance to get back, possibly have a way to keep away from him, them.

<style>
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]

ooc:

Seeing something other than a warrant for pity in the jackal's eyes gave X'yrin hope that her words were received and would be adhered. Her own disposition became more excited as the same was reflected on Sira and then some. Regardless of what X'ies told her small friend, undoubtedly with a callous tongue, she could and would be able to fight for herself and for the pack. It was an expectation that would be maintained by all the members of this Family.

"You will not be weak Sira," the Issor affirmed this expectation and stamped her paw on the ground with emphasis. "And I will personally see to it. And in time the Family will lend you their expertise as well to ensure your strength reaches its potential and beyond." The basis of this pack was to utilize the strength of the Family to better themselves and then the Family in turn. Positive forces reinforcing the other regardless of the challenge of a single individual. This value was the cornerstone of the pack, and she would damn well see it be fulfilled especially now that one of their aspiring members was in need.

But before great things could come to fruition, it had to begin small. And this was no exception. "We will start with what comes naturally to you, when you are ready. And from there with time your abilities will be molded to suit defending yourself and more. It will be a process that takes time, but I promise you will see the positive results of your labors."

260 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

Word Count :: 228 OOC:

Her tail untucked as X’yrin made her statement and it wagged and her ears perked in a way that showed her interest and happiness; “Can you teach me now? Please? I don’t want to wait!” She said jumping to her feet. Much of what X’yrin did say went through one ear and out the other due to her inability to understand everything, but she knew start when she was ready and that she would personally see to it she learned. She wanted to learn now.

She was a sure footed animal and bounded to move around X’yrin well enough that she didn’t falter even when she was near the edge of the mountainous area. They weren’t too far up but it would hurt if she were to slip and fall from there. But she was excited and didn’t think much of what could happen as to what she was bound to learn in hopefully a few seconds.

“What am I going to learn first? Do the stuff like Jaden did with that moose and those wooden things, or or” She tried some idiot complex move that would be no use in a real life situation that of course ended her up in a heap next to the woman. She looked up sheepishly and shrugged a little. She wanted to learn everything.

<style>
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]

ooc:

She was surprised to find that what was said struck and obvious cord with her jackal companion, turning her from a timid little thing to an excitable black-backed ball of energy. Emotions with a hairline trigger had its negative effects but that was a lecture best given when the training had actually begun. For the meantime, she watched her friend exhibit her happiness while at the same time demonstrating her surefooted abilities. A quality the Issor intended to keep in mind.

“You mean the arrows?” she replied, going off the description of the ‘wooden things’ and the events from the Family hunt. “I am afraid that that is something only Jaden would be able to teach you. The use of weapons is not something I was taught… only the use of my body as a weapon. As yours will be.” And as Sira fell to the ground beside her, X’yrin smiled and placed a delicate paw on her head. “But we will begin your training before dawn tomorrow. Today, I must see to our guests. But do not lose that enthusiasm, you will need it.”

After lowering her muzzle to give her friend an affectionate nudge behind the ear, X’yrin turned back down the mountain’s path to find Sequoia and Willow to see how they fared during the night.

[Exit X'yrin]

219 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {