Det stig av hav eit Alveland
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#vesle2 b{color:#000000; font-family:arial, tahoma, sans-serif;}
#vesle2 p, #vesle2 i {line-height:130%; font-family: arial, calibri, sans-serif; color:#1d1d1d;}
</style>

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite2.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
The non-canine creatures she speaks to and I reference are all imaginary
Lots of the strange English sentences here are translations of the epic poem cycle Vesle is based on. I get that it is far-out for anyone who bothers to read Big Grin

Emwe

A mountaineous elven land rose up from the oceans, resting in clear-cut contrast to the horizon in calm blues. The sky was completely without clouds, air so sharp it had tastes and scents and sensations of an added dimension. Softly, as if sounds of muted weeping amidst the trees of her her fogged forest, it rang. A child's cries, or was it something else? A gray figure stood tattered and broken in the shadows of the hills around her, never wavering but quivering at the same time. She would never fall, yet she had fallen a long time ago, before she was even grown to the height she carried now. Not only her, but her world had crashed and died in these lands, the last remnants of a reality, one she tried to tame with its bones around her neck.

It had been waiting for her. The forwarnings had been there. Watch your step, you have a dark road. But would you rather see with your eyes, than walk deaf and blind through your world, and never truly see?

It whispered to her in her dreams, memories of an old lady and the life of the world all around her, their different tongues ringing together across the skies as if in joy. Confusions and fears in a tender embrace with the happiness she had sometimes taken easily, in a world far from this one. She longed for that color, but the lady had never come again. Perhaps it was proof that colors were not for Vesle Soul. There were more, though. Memories of different times, when the forests had been populated by all that she loved - none of what she loved anymore. She loved nothing, no one. She needed nothing.

Like dominoes, her constant crashes to the ground were unevitable. Again and again, with the slightest of pushes, the tiniest of encouragements, and she brought herself down, and her worlds along with her. She was in control, but there was no controlling it. A dance of tensions and oppositions, and she stood at the center of it, swirling in the poweres of a fight she was fueling and running away from, both. Why was she here? What was she fighting, and why did she bother anymore? Often, she walked along paths as if blind, muttering dark words, scaring even her own mother (she knew! She had to.). She'd become the hulder; she knew. She had read the books. Who would touch her now, even for an unfriendly embrace of pain?

She doubted everything now, and for times she lost herself amidst her doubts and ragings and visions. The elves were real enough, and Vesle could not leave this place. Truly, was she the lady of the woods because she ruled it, or because it ruled her?

How will I fare, truly, when I have lost myself completely? And never can I win, and never can I find. Both way and heart is closed to me - I needed to find myself in you. And yet... she had found nothing here but more unrest.

Unrest was what wrecked her and she arched and her stomach's contents flowed down along the bark of her supporting tree. She was shameless, but once done she rose towards the figure that faced her, calmer. How long she had stood there shaking, she did not know. A while, probably. But time flowed endlessly in her world anyway.

An elf flit between her legs and forward between the legs of the other, giggling and screeching, its smile splitting its face in half in a wicked grin. The male looked down as if he saw it, and Vesle's mane prickled, just like a cold breeze could make her do if it penetrated her summer's pelt. "Why are you here?" Was he unreal, too? No, he could never have gotten himself here by his own accord. He had not tracked her, the distance between them too great. He just knew. She shuddered. The brute shrugged. "I knew where you would be."

The large male dipped his head in obedience, and the elf flit back between Vesle's legs, peering at him from behind one shaggy gray calf. Another grin split a face in two, but this time it was Vesle's. She turned to leave, and the hulking, seared male followed her, trotting behind with his heavy head hovering just low enough.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite3.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
[/html]