Memories of the Sun
[html]

For anyone in the hotel, it'll be an easy, quick thread <3 no pressures here

His body ached as he sat in the safety of the sitting room. The chair was soft, old, and worn. He sat pleasantly comfortable against it, even if his bones were aching and his eyes were straining at the darkening light. Every time he shifted around in the chair, a small puff of dust came up and then resettled. His stomach was empty, and had been empty, for a few days now. But there was no desire in him to hunt, especially now with the storm coming up on their little paradise. Strel held the sketchbook in his hands as he caressed the drawings with a shaky hand. His dark finger pads were coated in charcoal dust, smearing on the clean white pages.

Looking thinner than ever, the redhead turned the pages and glanced at the old designs, mostly those that did not exist or were just the imaginings of a tailor with no time left. He coughed, almost painfully, as he peered at the last sketch, a blue and gold confection for a woman. It was supposed to be a flowing garment for the summer, pretty but airy. He would have had to hunt hard for any material that was even close to what he imagined, but now he was finding that there was little he wanted to do but sleep. Even drinking lost it's appeal. He ought to have gone to the room others were sure to be in, but this small sitting room, devoid of anything but the chair and an empty shelf and a rather ragged looking painting. "Ah," he said softly, touching the blue marks he had made. It was rather gratifying to know he was leaving something behind.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(336) 3+20 Hi Smile

Rio had been rushing to get out of her room. She stashed everything that she wanted to keep in good condition under her bed, feeling that would be the best place to preserve them. She continued to fuss about certain things, but then saw that there was nothing else that could be done. So, she walked out of the door, glancing back at her room somehow knowing it wouldn’t be the same way when she returned.

She hurried down the hall, knowing that most of the residents were on the first floor all huddled together on the lowest floor possible. She ran down the stairs, almost falling halfway and having to slow herself down. She could feel the old building moving with the strong winds outside. Many creaks sounded throughout the hotel due to the storm. Rio continued down the hallway on the second floor, and had to cross a hallway and pass by the sitting room to get to the other stairs. She noted seeing a man sitting there, and as she passed she gave him a hurried look. Then she disappeared behind the wall, but paused in her wake. He wasn’t following.

Rio turned back to the sitting room and stood in the hallway looking at him. ”Why aren’t you downstairs?” Her tone had a more demanding tone to it – it was a tone that took to her. She didn’t know how to turn it off. ”You’re not coming?” This question had a bit more sweetness to it, like he didn’t have to answer if he didn’t want to. Rio stepped toward the man, looking to see what he was doing, but he seemed to just be sitting there reading a book – a picture book of some sort. The Marino girl didn't know this man, but she stood there waiting for him like she cared - and she did. Rio was a caring woman, she didn't like to see anyone put themselves in danger, and wouldn't allow it if it were up to her.

<style>
.riogarg { background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/xnygrn.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#a82a02; width:506px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:310px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000;}
.riogarg b {color:#ffefb4; }
.riogarg p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.riogarg p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Terra

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

Getting the coyote into the hotel had been a lot more work than it sounded. Picking her up and tossing her in would have been one way to do it, but as she was convinced the hotel was set to collapse they had quite the time convincing her to enter. Terra was in the hotel now, but she wasn't particularly happy about it. She had done her best to set everything up so her pups were comfortable, and as close to an exit as possible. She was not going to let them stay in danger for a minute longer than she had to.

The sound of someone pausing upstairs grabbed her attention. Sneaking up Terra glanced in, seeing a very dead looking Strelein flipping through something, and a female she didn't know so well standing there. You should head down. Are you bringing Strel with you? Terra didn't care for wasting too much time on those that were bound for death. Since he was an omega she cared even less for him, and would rather that this new pack mate headed down to safety instead of lingering.

<style type="text/css">
.freeleaf .space {float:right; width:350px; height:450px;}
.freeleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeleaf p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.freeleaf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.freeleaf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; }
.freeleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; text-align:center; text-shadow:#241c11 1px 0px 1px; color:#ffffff; margin:20px}
.freeleaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.freeleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#766352; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RaXzc.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#241c11; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

[html]

wee Big Grin He's just so tired he don't give a crap no mo. cx

The harsh, almost accusatory tone of the stranger brought the former dauphin's lavender eyes up in surprise. He turned his head slightly, as the chair was at an angle away from the door, and stared at the younger female standing in the doorway. He squinted at her and realized he did not know her at all. Or did he? He could hardly remember if he did or didn't, but felt that he probably did or else he would not be second guessing himself. He gave her a tired smile, both from feeling ill to his core and the storm that was making his neck itch and ache and his belly roil with unease.

"I was just reminiscing a bit. I'll come do-" he stopped suddenly, hearing and smelling a familiar person approach the woman in the doorway. Instantly he became cold. He knew that Terra thought him weak, all because of that moment months and months ago where he refused to go into the ocean because of his fear of it. Hardly something to fault him for. She blatantly ignored him and the Serf resisted to urge to bristle at her for it. He was no longer Dauphin, and this upstart child was higher in rank than him. But what did he care? "Throwing your weight around, Little Lamb?" he said softly, careful not to smirk. "You don't seem the dominant type, girl," he said harshly as he gingerly rose from the chair; his bones were aching. God, he wasn't that old, yet he felt much older.

With his back straightened, the former Dauphin strode to the door as slow as he dared, knowing that he had to have said something to hit a nerve with the girl. He was certainly trying now. "I remember you told me you were a trickster, and I'm sorry I fell for it," he said coldly, turning to Rio. "Could you help me down, dear?" His tone to her was much kinder, with more warmth.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(302) Lol xD Hope you don’t mind the PP of him getting up? I try to avoid these things, but I also DO want to get my 300+ word count, ya know? Smile

Rio stood in the hall with her eyes on the man. She was aware another pack member was coming up the stairs towards them, and noticed the man’s sudden coldness. Though, at least his bitterness was not intended towards Rio. As the small coyote peeked in and asked if she were bringing the red man with her, Rio nodded. ”Yes, he will be coming down with me shortly.” She would not let him sit up here alone. Whether the coyote woman disappeared back downstairs or not, Rio turned her full attention back on the man.

Seeing he had difficulties moving, whether or not he was old (because he didn’t look it), Rio rushed over to aid him. She held out a hand to help him up, and offered him an arm to hang on, to walk and support himself with. Rio was not a strong girl, and she was actually rather wimpy herself, but she could aid him as much as possible; and she would aid him as much as possible.

As the man lifted himself with shaky muscles and bones, Rio carefully aided him toward the stairs. With the condition he was in, she wasn’t sure how she was going to get him down the stairs. Luckily, there was no ‘fire’, and they didn’t really have to rush that much. They just needed to be down there before tomorrow, and she was sure that they had enough time until then. She walked him to the landing, allowing him to loop his arm with hers. They walked slowly, and Rio recognized who he was. ”Hey, aren’t you Strelein? The one that fell on me the other day?” She giggled slightly. ”Well, I’m not going to let you fall this time.” He would probably bring her down too, if he were to fall.

<style>
.riogarg { background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/xnygrn.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#a82a02; width:506px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:310px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000;}
.riogarg b {color:#ffefb4; }
.riogarg p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.riogarg p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Terra

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

Strel's words drew her attention, looking over to him brightly. Laughter flickered in her eyes as he spoke, snapping back at her. Well, she didn't think he had it in him. She rather liked that side of him, much more similar to the fiery nature she was used to rather than the civilized nature of many of the pack members here. He straightened up, gaining an inner fire as he came over to challenge her. Terra was actually smiling by the time that he reached her, a large smirk on her face. He was being bold! Terra could punish him for that, being higher ranked, but why should she? He was being so much fun!

Me? Dominant? Only if you wished it. His praise brought a glow from her, tail wagging as she turned and skipped back to give the others some room. The other was much kinder, helping Strel move downwards. Careful that you don't break him. She moved behind them as they all headed for the stairs. It was a good thing they were staying low to the ground. Strel's words on the building needing to be fixed up still made her worried that the building was bound to collapse on them all and kill them.

<style type="text/css">
.freeleaf .space {float:right; width:350px; height:450px;}
.freeleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeleaf p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.freeleaf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.freeleaf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; }
.freeleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; text-align:center; text-shadow:#241c11 1px 0px 1px; color:#ffffff; margin:20px}
.freeleaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.freeleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#766352; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RaXzc.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#241c11; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

[html]

it was fine Sammiie, though he had already technically gotten up and gone to the door. hehe.

Strel could move himself about plenty well for the moment, though it was all a matter of his ego. He enjoyed the attention, and it made him feel like people had not forgotten kindness. He was all smiles for the dark woman who had rushed to help him. He was walking straight but he let him carry most of his weight while letting Rio take some of it. It was nice to have a support in case he stumbled, which he was much more likely to do lately he had noticed. "Thank you, dear," he smiled warmly at her, patting her on the shoulder as he dodged under the door frame. The rooms were tall enough to accommodate his height but the door frames sometimes bumped his head, and he strove to avoid it.

Terra was amused by his coldness, and seemed to take pride in his words. That made him purse his lips tighter together as they reached the stairs, which they descended. He had hardly expected her to laugh. Perhaps he ought to try harder. "I'm surprised the new Constable hasn't put you in your place. I suppose it's a matter of time," he said offhanded, knowing that if the girl messed with the wrong allies, it would go poorly for her. He might or might not be around to see it, but he could feel it was entirely possible. After all, the girl let her traditions and habits bleed into her interaction with a whole different kind of group of people.

His demeanor shifted again, with almost inexhaustible ease. "And yes, Rio, I am the one who fell over you. You're still fine, I hope?" he said, turning to the dark woman as they slowly descended down the stairs. One hand was on the railing, and the other against the woman's supportive shoulder. He realized that he had left his book of sketches upstairs and paused, looking behind him. "Terra, would you mind being useful and fetching me my sketchbook from that chair?" he said, almost challenging the younger woman.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(334) OH, ok :3

Rio helped the man ease down the stairs with no problems or complaints. She was quiet as the two pack mates seemed to argue, or spat at each other. Rio kept to her own, and pretended like she wasn’t even listening to whatever was going on between them. She didn’t understand what was going on, and so wouldn’t question it in the present of both of them. She wasn’t nosey like that. As a statement was directed at her, however, she answered quickly and curtly over her shoulder, ”I won’t.”

She had no problem with the coyote woman and really didn’t know her at all to even judge her, but she didn’t like how the woman disrespected this man – even if he was the omega. She found it to be unnecessary and unkind, but she understood that not everyone had a perfect mindset like she did. Some were evil, like this female behind them seemed to be. Rio was careful not to pick sides, and even though she wanted to take Strel’s side, she knew it was pointless. He was the Serf for a reason and with that reason being unknown to her, it was useless to get herself involved in their troubles.

Rio slowly walked down the steps so that Strelein would be able to carefully ease himself down them too, without tripping and bringing everyone down with him. His attention was brought back to her after he seemingly finished disputing with the coyote woman behind them. ”Yes, I’m well – thank you.” Even from him falling on her, she was still as healthy as can be. She was young, not sickly and had a positive attitude – nothing could touch her.

The trio paused on the stairs as Strel called back to Terra. ”I could get it for you, if you want, Strel,” she offered, whispering it only to him, but sure that Terra heard as she was just behind them. She was unsure if the coyote woman would even comply with his request.

<style>
.riostarz-text {padding:0px 9px;}
.riostarz i {color:# 7b616b; font-style:italic;}
.riostarz b {color:#5f5473; font-weight:bold;}
.riostarz {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#4b3152; background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/15wf141.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:0px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#7b616b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]