reverb is just a room
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sorry, kinda short x.x

It was an absolutely beautiful day in Cour des Miracles. Though come to think of it, he couldn't think of a particularly bad day that had ever occurred since the pack's formation. Everything was right with Haven's world all of a sudden. He had gone from being in a complete shit hole of living situation and personal worth to this. He had helped form a new pack, had new friends, had his dreams fulfilled. And just yesterday Siobhan had come and joined the pack. The youth had risen early and hadn't wanted to disturb her sleep. So he had grabbed his guitar and come outside.

The burnt orange kid was laying in the warming sand, letting the rhythm of the ocean wash over him. His guitar was laying across his stomach, his fingers picking out a relaxing melody. The house he now shared was not too far in the background. When she woke up he didn't want her to worry about him having gone too far away. Jade eyes were closed and a smile was upon his face. He wasn't entirely sure how his luck had changed from the worst to the best, but he wasn't about to second guess it. He was finally feeling like himself again and he wasn't about to give that up.

[/html]
[html]

Lute strung across his back, the young newcomer strolled across the sand. The foamy surf washed over his feet, cooling him off slightly. The beach was warm and the water helped to balance out the temperature difference. Plus it was the third time Strelein had ever been in the ocean even slightly. His old home did not herald a sea coast and the closest thing there had been a pond and a river. The wind plucked at his longer red mane, tossing some of it into his eyes and then pulling it away again. Even trying to push it back didn't work, and quite frankly, Strel didn't care to try. He would have tied it back, but that felt more restricting then even clothing felt.

The sounds of another instrument reached the ears of the two year old, and he turned his attention landward. Not too far ahead of him sat an orange, pumpkin-like colored Optime. Obviously he was in the pack, otherwise this would be a major transgression on his part. Besides, Strelein already met him when he arrived a few days ago. It was a small pack, but at least it was fitting. That was all he was looking for anyway, and he was doubly glad to have found it as fast as he did.

"Morning. How you doin'?" he greeted, plopping himself down next to the other male. He carefully pulled his own instrument into his lap, but did not touch the strings. Strel ran a hand through his misbehaving hair, untangling it slightly in the process. "I didn't know you played. You any good?"

It's all good, c:
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Just a note, usually you don't mention knowing a character before you've actually had a thread which they were in. Not a huge deal and I don't mind, but something to keep in mind for the future Smile

The pace of his fingers increased, changing the music coming from the guitar from mellow to a bit more upbeat. His playing did a good job reflecting the hybrid's mood. Admittedly he hadn't done much playing while he was wasting away in that dive bar, if any at all. But if he had, it would have emanated with his depression and melancholy. But now his life really couldn't get any better and the sounds he brought to life showed his elation. One leg was crossed over the other, his foot hanging in the air and beating out the rhythm. He began humming a soft accompaniment and nearly started singing when he heard the other voice.

Jade eyes popped open, surprised, but the smile stayed on his face. Haven moved to sit up, as he had been laying down. "Hey there. I'm doing pretty swell, and yourself?" This guy was a new member, he remembered vaguely. They had met in passing, but to the kid's embarrassment he couldn't recall his name. "Ah...what's your name again? Sorry, head in the clouds," he said, giving the red headed male an apologetic smirk. The Aatte male watched with interest as he pulled out his own stringed instrument. It was good deal smaller than the guitar and he was already curious to hear what it sounded like. "Ah yeah. I dunno how good I am, but I like to think I'm not terrible. Got a few months under my belt. What about you? What's that called?" Despite loving his guitar, Haven was pretty oblivious to the names of other instruments except the piano.

[/html]
[html]

Strelein smiled as he looked fondly at his own instrument. He stroked the neck of his lute, reminiscing over how it had helped him vent emotion. The lute played with anger is a mighty force to be reckoned with. It was like the violin of the guitar world; it was higher pitched. Strel would've tried to get his hands on a guitar, but it was hard. Besides, his lute usually suited him just fine. He'd kept it since he first discovered sheet music. The moment it left him was the day his hands stopped moving permanently.

"Oh you've hurt my feelings," pouted the redhead, then laughing slightly. He stuck out a hand for a handshake. "Name's Strel. Strelein. Von Rosnete. Strelein von Rosnete," he introduced himself, trying to sound smooth and suave. He had no reason to list his full name in such a manner, but to him it seemed to give a different impression about him. Truth be told, he wasn't cut out to be the smooth talker. "This here is my lute. Had her since I was just a yearling. Which wasn't that long ago..." Strel stuck out his tongue at his own youthfulness. Well better to be young than to be old and degenerating.

Oh man I'm sorry. D: I just assumed that they would've met by then. I thought even in passing it was likely to happen >< Sorry! Won't happen again.
[/html]
[html]
No worries! Like I said, I wasn't upset by it at all ^^

Haven had never set eyes upon any sort of sheet music. Well, that wasn't entirely true. He had seen the piano sheet music that Jazper had kept in the library of the mansion back in Crimson Dreams, but he had never made any odds or ends from it. He was self taught and learned by ear rather than what was written on paper. He had learned something else interesting about playing though. When he practiced more on his guitar, he had found that he was much more dexterous in his sword practice. He had never imagined that playing his stringed instrument would help him with his weapons skills. A mental note had been made to tell Cwmfen the next time he ran across her.

The kid's smile turned toothy and he happily grasped the extended hand and gave it a firm shake. "Ah! Strel! That's right! Sorry man, my mind can be a bit of a jumble at times. I promise, I won't forget again," he said with a wink. He could already tell he'd like the interestingly hued male. He seemed fun and upbeat. Just the kind of person the previously depressed luperci needed to be around. A lute huh? Now that he heard the name it sounded vaguely familiar. He thought he had heard it in one of the stories about knights and their deeds. Haven chuckled as Strelein stuck out his tongue. "I see, I see. That's cool. Liking the pack so far?" Obviously Svara hadn't scared him away yet. Though he didn't seem the type to be intimidated by the Constable's acid tongue.

[/html]
[html]

"Oh you better not, I might just get very upset if you do," he threatened, grinning coyly back at the orange toned male. Strelein wasn't one to be angry for very long, or angry for no good reason. There was very little that could truly set this guy off, but when he was raging, it wasn't the scariest thing there ever was. He just gets very dramatic and basically tries to provoke a fight which he would probably lose. That was probably why there was not too much that could get him going. Strel wasn't a pessimist, and even if the future looks dreary, there's a light at the end of the tunnel no matter what.

The redhead pulled a face at the question, taking a moment to really think about it. Of course, the moment only lasted about three seconds. "Sure I do. I wouldn't be staying if I didn't," he stated plainly, plucking absently on a string. He let it sound out and then die of its own accord. "Everyone's really interesting. Jacquez seems like a fool King of sorts, you know what I mean?" Not trying to insult the leader, Strel grinned. "Though I still don't know 'bout you."

[/html]
[html]

"Well then, I'll be extra sure to keep that promise! Don't want to be making anybody upset." He had missed this. Silly little chance encounters like this. Everything had seemed so dark and serious to him as of late, having something light like this was great again. When he was a kid that was all he had done. Explored around and met new faces in new places at every opportunity. Either that or playing pretend games with his family and friends in the pack. He still vividly remembered the time he had played knight and dragon with his mother in the pumpkin patch. Also when he and Brooklyn had pretended to be a dragon and an ogre and done battle. Every time he had come out victorious. Hopefully when he had to fight a real battle he would be so fortunate.

Haven chuckled again, plucking at the strings of his guitar. "I guess you wouldn't." Nobody wanted to stay in a place they didn't like, not unless they had some serious issues. Though he couldn't help but wonder with a little amusement if Strelein had even met Svara yet. His relationship with the red wolfess had been mended, but he understood how unpleasant she could be to those not used to it. His shoulders shrugged at the comment about Jac. "He's certainly not exactly how I imagined a King would be, but a King he is, have no doubt of that. And a good man, though he may not always seem it." The Knight had a lot of faith in their leader despite his quirks and flaws. "Me? Well, I'm the Majordomo, an ambassador of sorts. Makes sense since one of my mothers leads one of the other packs. I'm also a Knight and sworn to protect our members. Been training with a sword as well as the guitar and I've got a mustang that I've trained." That was a pretty thorough explanation of his place and interests.

[/html]
[html]

"Exactly," he confirmed, smiling at the surrounding area. He was glad to be here, sure, especially considering that it was far prettier than back home. Maybe it was just because it was new to him, but it still seemed to outshine the small place he'd called his residence before. It had been maybe half of Cour des Miracles, or it could have been a bit bigger. It didn't matter, this was where he was now. His birthplace no longer mattered much in the grand scheme of things. He certainly wasn't going to go back there; it wasn't home anymore. It had never truly felt like a home but a location that held his family, nothing more. This place felt more like home than there.

Strel thought about Jacquez being King, wondering what other type of alpha he could have. He'd always wanted a fun-loving one, that was for sure. "I've never imagined any kings so I guess he'd be the first I'll think of from now." Rubbing away a speck of dirt that had somehow appeared on his instrument unnoticed, the redhead lifted it from his lap and laid it gently beside him. He spread his garbed legs out in front of him, stretching them out quickly. His body weight was supported by his arms, which were now behind him. "One of your mothers? How many mothers can you have?" An eyebrow was raised at the statement. Strel had one mother. How could anyone have two or more? He could understand an adoptive mother, but it seemed like Haven had them both alive. "A mustang! Wow. So I guess I know where I'm going to go when we run out of food and need a quick snack," he joked lightheartedly, crossing his ankles together.

so many apologies for the long, long delay.

[/html]
[html]

Haven's gaze drifted from Strelein back out to the sea. It was so beautiful. He had known how fond both Savina and Ehno were of the ocean, but he had never truly understood their fascination with it until now. When he was younger he had been constantly on the move, not paying much attention to any particular scenery. People had been what had fascinated him. But now that he was older and growing into an adult he was able to more fully appreciate the simple things in life. The ocean had a soothing element that could not be denied. It was quite a sight to wake up to in the morning, looking out the window of the house.

The fact that the older male had never really thought about kings before struck the hybrid as a bit odd. In his childhood he had barely thought of anything else aside from just kings, brave knights, and beautiful princesses. That had been the world of his fantasies. Though of course he couldn't expect that it was the same for everyone. Just because that had been his life certainly didn't mean it was everyone's. "Nothing wrong with that. You could have a worse picture," Haven said with a light laugh. The next question was expected. His non-traditional family wasn't something he thought of as strange, though everyone else did. "I have two moms. Only one of them is my blood mother, but my other is just as much my parent." The youth shrugged his shoulders.

A wicked grin came over Haven's features at the joke. "Haha, yeah. Well you'd be awfully sorry afterwords. I might just have to cut you open and get him back from ya. That is if he wouldn't give you a nice kick in the chest first." While Drogon was gentle and docile around him, he knew that if any with ill intent came around the stallion could handle himself.

[/html]