ARCHIVE HIGHLIGHT: question about stuff
Big ol' question on the stuff that the Luperci are allowed to find. Because I'm still considered a newb, and I wanna know some things. Mainly the following.

Are the luperci allowed to find glowsticks?
Are they allowed to find head phones, cd players, mp3 players, etc.?

What aren't they allowed to find?
Hrrmm.

I've always thought of it in terms of the items' longevity. Glowsticks, probably not the cheap store kind, but conceivably, the heavy-duty types specifically built for survival kits (ala the first Tomb Raider movie, I think? Those thick orange sticks she snaps and uses?) could be found somewhere, in all likelihood.

As far as electronics... there was once a thread where Adreon wired a radio, but that had an external power source of some sort. Don't remember what exactly he did, Zero would be able to expand on that a little bit. I don't think the portable versions would work, since the MP3 player would lose charge, the CD player you wouldn't be able to find batteries for. But maybe if your character was able to find a still-live generator, attach the radio to that? That'd require some level of mechanical skill and knowledge, though.

I had a thread a loooong time ago where Sie found some kind of soda and got a sugar high, but I imagine it'd be poorly preserved, half-spoiled, and probably tasted awful. Liquor is still good, probably because liquor tends to get better with age. XD Iunnnoooo.
I figured the batteries would be sort of an issue, so Don't even worry about that one, the glowsticks would be more of the main question here. I know it's not too hard to make glow sticks, so ya think they might be able to find the right chemicals for it?( i'd figure that they'd make the glowstick on accident rather than purpose because half of the wolves on here have no clue what to do about chemicals.)
It looks like we lost our timeline (;Wink, but humans were more or less annihilated in 1998, so it is 11 years since they died out. With that in consideration, you have to remember that mp3 players as we know them today were not in existence in 1998 (you can check here for a history), so if someone did find any electronics, they would be completely unusable.

Life After People and Aftermath: Population Zero gives a good idea of what would happen to the world, but not necessarily what would happen to manufactured goods.

But I'd think finding any workable electronics would be extremely difficult, if not impossible.
bam, that answers that qeustion. Thanks Tammi! <3
Hmm...as I recall, the original souls' had humans as being gone for a long long time, whereas after WWS fell through we changed it so that their characters could be transferred over? I ask because two of my characters have family histories (and lycanthropy) dating back 20 years, and at least one of these came before the WWS thing (assuming I'm remembering that right). Is this disallowed or should I continue to just have a 'side continuity' in a 'it doesn't affect anything else so it doesn't matter' sort of way?

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Daisuke, you seemed happy with your answers and your thread raised some of mine! ^^;
Don't worry about it, The questions are going to clear up some more confusion on the whole subject, so I say ask away while we got this up! *dances*
TAAAAAAAAAAMMMI.

Sie to the rescue!? XD

http://sleepyglow.net/souls/other/timeline1.jpg <-- Original timeline from the site, tinted blue to match a layout, I believe? :O

http://sleepyglow.net/souls/other/timeline2.jpg <-- I maed this one! Big Grin I still need to make one for 'Souls. |: Someone give me dates and crap. XD I don't know what happened! I FAIL.

But, was the date of the human extinction changed? o.o I tried to look on the site, couldn't find anything definitively listing a date--1988 was definitely the original date, but Iunno, maybe you guys changed it and I'm just really slow on the update. XD
@ Void: Are you asking whether you should remove the humans from your character's history? If they're in your history after 1988, then yes. If they exist prior to 1988, then no. I'm not sure whose history this pertains to, but if a character of yours was, say, shot in 1987, that would be fine. The SA is currently discussing human backstories, so we'll contact you once we've reached a consensus. I don't want to give you a complete answer right now since we're still in the midst of discussing it. Smile

@ Sie: Yes, the first one was the one I was thinking of. And of course, I got 1998 and 1988 mixed up. Tongue I was close! (I was looking for the timeline, but our old image broke, haha. Sad )

New dates!
April 2 - Inferni II founded
April 10 - Labyrinth Glen founded
April 10 - Twilight Vale founded
April 21 - Dahlia de Mai founded
April 13 - Shadowed Sun founded
April 22 - Insieme founded
June 14 - Labyrinth Glen defunct
June 20 - Insieme defunct
July 19 - Phoenix Valley founded
July 21 - Esper Hollow founded
August 26 - Shadowed Sun defunct, Twilight Vale defunct
Sept 21 - Crimson Dreams founded
December 15 - Aniwaya founded
Wheeew. Good. XD I was like, aaaah!? because I'd definitely feel stupid if I missed a detail that shockingly large, lmfao. XD You prolly knew this already, but if you want to put the one I made up anywhere for reference go for it. Big Grin I still have to add it to the Wiki, I think...? Don't remember. XD

Thank you for the dates, I will work on a 'Souls one! Hooray. Big Grin
No worries, Tammi. I wasn't interested in human involvement: my old character VoidFane, however, was born about 20 years ago, and the group on the map right now known as GreyClaw was founded 20 years ago as well. This worried me because elements of both of those stories would have been impossible if humans were still prolific during that period. Since it's 1988, and not 1998, I have no problems! Thanks a lot for setting me straight, guys.
@ Sie: I added the second one to the wiki, oeoeoe. Once you get a final done, I'll toss it on the 'Souls url and link to it from there. Thanks! Big Grin <3

@ Void: Awesome, and sorry for confusing there! Totally my fault for getting the dates mixed up. Sad
When did Esper Hollow die? ;;

A general month will do if an exact date can't be found. Big Grin
October 28th or thereabouts, I think. It took us longer OOC to wrap up things because of slow people, but that's more or less the IC date I have stored away in my head. But it was right at the tail end of the whole ZOMG MUTATED RABIEZZZZ plot we had going.
Oh thanks for totally leaving CDM off the founding dates. Wink

And.. wait.. DaVi is allowed to have humans in his backstory right since the Gamma7 thing and him being captured by them and tagged and all?