Snowflakes falling all around
Anya sighed as snow flakes fell softly, sticking to her fur. It was the type of snow that some humans called Sierra Cement, because of the way it stuck to everything it landed on.

She wished she could find a warm den, with a friend or something, but she hadn't lent herself to being exactly sociable lately. She found herself wishing she could change that, hoping that someone would come looking for her.

Looking around, Anya took better notice of her surroundings. She found herself by the hot springs, the steam rising quietly into the air, melting the snowflakes in its path. She could almost imagine the stars twinkling far above the clouds, blessing the night.
[html]

Andy ambled slowly through the trees, her hands cupped in front of her to catch the swirling snowflakes as they drifted down. One landed gently on her nose, and she licked it off, relishing in the cool crisp feeling before it melted on her tongue. Now that it had started snowing, she should really think about finding a more permanent place to stay. She had taken to sleeping in a new place every night; the cold hadn't really bothered her until recently.

In front of her, she could see steam rising from the ground. Hot springs? The idea thrilled her. Hot water would feel very welcome right now, but she shivered at the thought of how cold it would be when she got out. Deciding to investigate anyway, she walked to wards them.

When she got closer, she noticed another member of the pack, a female by her scent. Realizing that she hadn't met this wolf yet, Andy's tail swayed back and forth slowly. She loved meeting new friends.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... insred.png); background-color:#370303; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: claimage by anya

As the steam flowed across Anya's snout, she noticed a different scent. Pausing in her herb gathering ministrations, she looked to the crow that had taken to following her around. She didn't know the crow's name, or why it was following her, but he came in handy when something wasn't quite right. Much to her dismay, her black feathered friend flew off without a single word as to who belonged to the new scent.

Anya lifted her nose once again, focusing on the scent. The scent seemed to be of a female, probably luperci, coming to investigate the hot springs. Anya grinned, glad to share her time with someone she did not yet know. Trotting to meet the female, she put a big floppy grin on her face.

"Hi, I'm Anya. How are you on this fine day?"

speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

Andy's ears perked forward as a wolf came trotting up to her. Transforming into her lupe form, her tail wagging, Andy grinned back at the other female.

"I'm doing good, just out for a walk. How about this snow, eh?" She sat, her tail sweeping against the snow, making soft indents in the white cold. She nearly sneezed when another snowflake landed on her nose, but she wiped it off with a paw before she did. Another snowflake landed in her ear, and she shivered. Shaking her head to rid herself of the cold discomfort in her ear, she glanced at the hot spring. "Fancy a dip in the hot water? I'm a bit cold." She laughed, a little embarrassed that the cold was getting to her.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... rioban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
oh hi guys! 300 +

Today was a good day. Rio was almost comfortable leaving the cabin by herself, but only almost. The notion of being without her mother or father frightened her; she still felt very attached to both of them. The newness of solitude left her almost wary of it, for she had in her short time on the earth spent every moment with her parents and siblings. But her energetic mood had rendered her eager to go out and venture into the areas outside of her comfort zone. She moved awkwardly through the snow, distracted from worry but the swirling flakes. Always she puzzled after where they came from. She mused over ideas as she neared a place where strange smoke rose from the ground in twisting tendrils. Pausing, her face tilted quizzically, watching the smoke rise to meet the dancing snowflakes. Where was she?

The girl nervously pounced toward the strange sight, scrambling upon a mid-sized boulder to stare into the source of the smoke. There was water here. And it was warm! Didn't water become hard and cold when it was outside and there was snow falling? The strange combination of elements puzzled her to no end. Rio was startled by soft, feminine voices, and wheeled around to see where they came from. In the process of this, she lost her footing, and tumbled down off the boulder into the soft snow beside the steaming pool. "Ouf!" she exclaimed, righting herself and shaking herself uselessly. Of course, she remained covered in snow as she cautiously approached the two conversing females. She emitted a small yip in hopes of capturing their attention, her tail wagging slowly behind her. One of them had four legs, the other two; this she understood, because Mama had explained to her the concept of shifting. "Hiee!" she said in a gentle singsong voice. "Who a'you ladies?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... insred.png); background-color:#370303; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby. happy yule, happy hannukah, merry christmas, happy solstice, and kwaanza everyone!

Anya smiled at the femme gently, glad to make a new friend. The grey female looked carefully at her paws for any more herbs, wishing once more that she had fingers to help stuff the herbs into a pouch. Oh well, you can't have everything you possibly wish for without a bit of work to get you to your goal, dear.

"Yes indeed, the snow is amazing, but I hate it when it sticks to my fur." She watched the steam rise up into the air, hearing the pup fast approaching. "The water would feel wonderful in this cold." Anya grinned wolfishly, expectedly, and made a dive into the water, hissing at the heat.

"Welcome, little one. Care to join us?" She shook her head to clear her ears, her breath steaming from her dark muzzle. Now that her head was above the water, Anya noted how damn cold the air felt on her ears. She sank back down in the water, shuddering. Screw that, I'll stay in the water all night if I have to.

speak think walk

[/html]
[html]
The cold air cause Ty's breath to continuously materialize as steam in front of him, his breath being somewhat quickened as he had recently made a quick kill for dinner. The meal was a small snow rabbit, which had met it's unfortunate end today when it had left its burrow and ran smack into Ty, who killed it without a second thought, after all Ty hadn't been eating enough meat recently and was beginning to take all that he could in this coming winter. Some of the blood was still caked on Ty's mouth in certain spots, as Ty had tried to wash off the fluids in the snow. Of course, that meal would only hold him off for so long until he either found another small woodland creature or until he found a large kill to eat.

It was not to long before Ty could hear voices, feminine voice, and what sounded like a child's voice. He couldn't see them just yet though, so he let his nose and ears lead him to their location. They all smelled of the Valley, so he had no fears of foreign wolves, and one of them he recognized off the bat. His old friend Anya was nearby, a wolf he had very much liked to catch up with, but the other two scents were unfamiliar. One smelled kind of like Naniko, but still different, and the other was the smell of a wolf he did not know, which meant that he probably did not know her. Now on all fours, he tried to make his steps as loud as he could, he did not want to scare the group when he crossed over the hill

When he did cross the hill, he found that his assumptions were correct, Anya was indeed there as was two other wolves. He did not notice the area until he could see the steam though, which also brightened his spirits as well. He had not been to this hot spring since it had snowed, and as such, hadn't really had a good washing for a while. Luckily, due to his rather shaggy fur, Ty was able to usually cover up any bad smell he had. As he neared the females, he spoke out in his usual calm voice, though obviously happy to see another face or three in this cold "Well, hello there!" He said to them. "Fancy seeing you here Anya, I wasn't expecting anyone out in the cold today. Who are your friends here? Newcomers?" He eyed the pup. "Emphasis on new."
[/html]
[html]

Smiling at the younger female, Andy climbed into the warm water as well, sighing contentedly as the warmth loosened her cold muscles. She sank as low as she could, only her ears, eyes and nose visible. Her eye lids lowered as she relaxed. The air outside the water had gotten much colder, probably due to the warmth of the water she was immersed in.

Another new sound made her ears perk up. The scent of the newcomer alerted her before her eyes did. A male, and a member of her pack. She relaxed then, knowing this was pack. The male emerged out of the dark, speaking to them. Andy couldn't help but notice that he was very good looking. She suddenly found herself hoping he would get into the water with them. Silently, she berated herself, telling herself that it was just because she liked meeting new people.

"Hello. I'm Andy." she said simply, dropping her gaze quickly. It had been a while since she had felt like this, and by a male, no less. She was beginning to feel embarrassed. To give herself something to do, she looked around at the younger girl, wondering if she planned on getting into the water too.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... rioban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The darker of the two women slipped into the water, leaving Rio's jaw agape. She knew the water was warm, but the idea of swimming in the middle of wintertime was just so strange! Her eyes were bright and curious, any slight trace of discomfort about the two strangers replaced by sheer confusion. To top it off, the one named Andy slipped into the water with her companion. Rio stared at them with her head cocked to one side, and was about to question the adults when the sound of someone else approaching them pricked her ears.

The man was large, like Papa, but his fur was a brilliant tawny. His size nearly frightened her, but his voice was friendly and nonthreatening. She smiled at him; he looked at her as he said some large word and then "new," so she figured he was talking about her. Her little tail wagged, periwinkle eyes darting from wolf to wolf. "I'm Rio!" she exclaimed; the only name she had been given was the agouti fem's, "Andy." Mama had told her that it was polite to introduce oneself. At least now all of them knew her name. "I not gets in the water. I donno how to swim." Her tone was one of disappointment. She wished she could swim, now that she saw what a valued and fun activity it was. "I's just sit up here, yes?"

[/html]
[html]
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby.

Anya laughed as Andy joined her in the water and the pup stood staring at her. Ty came out of the woods, and Anya sank back into the water. Granted, she had been in the hotsprings with him before, but she still couldn't figure out how she felt about him. Maybe, she thought, they should get together later and talk. About anything, everything. Who knew where that would take them?

"Hey Ty, why don't you join us? The water feels marvelous." She grinned as the pup sat at the edge of the pool. "Hi Rio, I'm Anya. Nice to meet you, little one."

Now that she thought about it, Anya realized that it was fairly unusual for wolves to be able to swim. "Hey, Ty, how many wolves do you know of who can swim?" She cocked her head, shaking her head again to rid her ears of water.

speak think walk

[/html]