the place where the sidewalk ends
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... rioban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
haven! 300+

Her brother and sisters were sleeping. Rio was the one who awoke before the rest more often than not, but it was nothing the small girl prided herself in. That extra hour or so was a lonely one, empty of purpose. Most of the time she simply sat off by herself, watching the sky through the window of their little cabin. It was there that she now lay flat on her belly, her face tilting to one side as she watched floppy snowflakes cascade down toward the window. She was so small that she couldn't see anything but sky, the ground below hidden from view by the windowsill. Rio shivered suddenly, a draft of cold wind ruffling her dark fur. She stilled, her mind reeling—where had that come from? The window was closed, and wind always came from outside, right? Quietly so as not to disturb her parents and siblings, Rio padded toward the door, and found it partially open. "Oh!" she squeaked, and immediately afterward shrunk in on herself, looking around to see if anyone had been awakened. But they were still sleeping.

Rio didn't know if she was supposed to be outside by herself. But she really wanted to. Maybe Mama and Papa wouldn't mind. The girl wedged her nose in the crack between the door and its frame. She struggled for several moments with it before she was finally able to squeeze herself through.

She was outside! A happy smile lit up her face, and she darted off into the slushy grass. For the moment, she forgot about her parents back in the cabin; she was overtaken by such a strong surge of adventure, the frigid air fueling her bottomless energy. The cabin was further and further behind her as the moments passed, but she paid no mind to this. Instead, she slipped through the icy grass, a neverending network of snowy chutes. It was not long before the child was soaked to the bone, shivering without realizing it. The snow continued to fall all around her, and for a moment she stopped to watch, fancying the large snowflakes as dancing fairies.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... nsban2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
this title is made of win <3 Shel Silverstein 300+

Haven trotted along in the direction of Phoenix Valley, not entirely certain what his purpose was. It would have been fast to ride Drogon, but that would have announced his presence more clearly than he wanted to. For the first time in what seemed like months he had taken on his four legged form, wanting to stay as inconspicuous as possible. A part of him wanted to see the woman who had given him life but at the same time he was afraid of what he might find. She had been a strong and compassionate leader the last time he had seen her and from what he now knew he wasn't certain that was the case anymore. She had turned into an addict and had ended up hurting one of the wolves she was supposed to keep safe. There was also the matter of him looking like the male who had raped her. Haven was still convinced that she must think of him whenever she saw him. Addict or not, no one should have to relive something like that.

Carefully he picked his way to the edge of the lands, sniffing the air for any sign that someone was near. He sensed none. The snow chilled his paws and clung to his fur, melting as it reached his warm body and the trickles of cold water making his skin prickle. He wouldn't stay for long, just a few moments, to see what would happen. Maybe he only wanted a glimpse of her. Not to actually talk, or for her to see him, just so he could see her and gather what he could from that. Quietly he moved along the borders until a dark shape caught his jade gaze. Squinting he found it to be a young pup. He looked all around but saw no sign of any adults. Well that wasn't good, a puppy shouldn't be out all alone in the snow (even though he had done so himself on many occasions when he was that age). The Aatte poked his head up higher and softly called out. "Hey! Are you lost?"

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... rioban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Hehe, for sure! and sorry if those post makes no sense. I just pulled an all-nighter. 300+

After she had spent a few moments serenely watching the snowflakes fall, all the while trying to discern their impossible inner patterns, Rio's bright, periwinkle gaze slowly fell down to face ahead. Where was she, anyway? She was too young to have a sufficiently developed sense of direction. And she had lost track of time as well. She was all of a sudden aware that she was surrounded by trees, tall and frightful with their strong, snow-burdened branches. The little girl's muscles quivered. Rather than grow terribly upset, she happened to turn around and see that her footprints were etched perfectly into the crystal snow. A happy, relieved smile lit up her face; now she could find her way home! In the midst of marveling over this, a voice startled the small girl. But she didn't act so, she simply turned again to calmly face the man who had approached her.

Her eyes widened immediately in wonder and awe. For he was beautiful. Perhaps that wasn't the acceptable way to think of a man, but it was the first word that came to her mind. His coat was a shade of rust she'd never seen in any other wolf, which wasn't saying much; it nonetheless struck her as lovely and unique. What was most puzzling to her was the shade of his eyes. They were so very similar to Mama's. Rio smiled at him without knowing why; she should be wary of a stranger such as him. But she didn't feel this way toward the tawny wolf. "No, signor, I's not lost. My feets, they maked a twail so's I can get home," she explained, stepping back so that he could see. Her eyes returned to his, her face alight with a hopeful smile. "Oh, I'm Rio! Wha's your name?"

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... nsban2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
it makes sense Smile 300+

The pup turned to look at him and he saw her eyes grow wide. It was no surprise, he knew his coloring was quite unique and no doubt she had never seen anyone quite like him before. As a pup he had loved his special coat, then when he had found out what his father had done the burnt orange color of his fur seemed more like a curse. A mark to show the world he was the son of a horrible man. Thankfully that feeling was ebbing away as time passed and no one remarked that he looked like Conri Church. Haven never wanted to be associated with the male who had sired him. As she smiled he took it as a sign that he could come closer and so he crossed the boundary that separated neutral and claimed territory to speak closer with the small girl.

Bi-colored ears flicked as she used a foreign word. It sounded familiar somehow. Was it the French that the King oftentimes spoke? No, it didn't have the same feel as that. Still, he knew he had heard its particular flavor before. Jade eyes looked past her to see that indeed, she had left a trail leading home. "I see, at least this snow is good for something, huh?" he said playfully winking at her. "I'm Haven, it's nice to meet you Rio." The male smiled down warmly at the pup, his tail waving slowly from side to side. He hadn't really been around any pups since he had been one himself, it felt a little strange. How was it that he had grown to be as big as he was? "What brought you out today?" It hadn't ever taken much to get him to wander about, he was curious to see what her reason would be.

[/html]
[html]
WHAT THE SLOW *dies*

Rio would never be able to imagine his fur as anything but beautiful, even after this flawlessly innocent phase of childhood was over. Even if he, by some chance, told her the reason behind the unique coloring. She had the uncanny ability to find beauty, even if it had been given by something horrid. The gorgeous man drew closer to her, and while ordinarily this would have sparked discomfort inside her, there was something about him, something familiar. It was unwise of her still to abandon her caution, but she knew no better. "You can come in, I don't tink anyone be mad," she squeaked rather hurriedly, moving back several feet to illustrate her invitation. In a moment he was speaking to her, and she quieted. Though she couldn't grasp his words precisely, she knew that he was speaking ill of the snow.

In spite of his jocular wink, the dark little girl cocked her head thoughtfully, obviously not wanting to leave his question where it lay. "You not like the snow, huh, Signor Haven?" she asked. She didn't smile, but neither was she disappointed. It was just a curious thing to talk about something she personally adored so negatively. "I comes out to play in the snow. The fairies, they're my friends," with a nod, as if he would know exactly what she was talking about. "Yous not out to play though, are you?"

[/html]
[html]
MY TURN TO BE SLOW, DERP 300+

Haven had figured that since she had spoke to him and hadn't immediately taken off at the sight of him that she wasn't in any way afraid of him. That was good, because he would have felt horrible if the cute little girl had been frightened by him. He knew it was good for pups to be cautious of strangers, but still, noo one had any reason to fear him unless they were trying to hurt someone else. When he wasn't protecting something or someone then he was gentle and kind and that was what he wanted to convey to the small wolf. "Okay, but if they do get mad, just tell them it was my fault, okay?" he said to her, smiling. If anyone were to get in trouble it should be him, Rio had done nothing wrong. His paws paused for a moment as she hopped back a little, but then it appeared it was just her way of inviting him in and so he followed after her.

It was clear from her nonverbal reaction that she did not share his feelings on the cold and the snow. Internally he scolded himself but thankfully it didn't seem as if he had hurt her feelings in any way. "I don't mind the snow, really, I'm just not a fan of the cold. I like it better when it's warmer." It was the truth, the snow was pretty, but it was inextricably linked to the cold temperatures and that was something that he did not like. Hopefully Rio would understand, but she seemed like a smart pup. He didn't know what the "fairies" were, but he had had a wild imagination at her age too and he indulged her fantasy. "Oh yes, the fairies. I bet you have fun playing with them." His jade eyes beamed down at the dark little girl. "Not, I'm not out playing. Just looking around. I live off back that way," he said motioning his head off to the west. "Thought I'd come check things out around here." Haven was careful to avoid mentioning his mother just in case Rio knew her and would call for her to come.

[/html]
[html]
*smothers* 300+

He was strong-looking, like Papa. Not gigantic or bulky, but strong in the simple essence of the word. But his might didn't strike fear inside the bright-eyed puppy, only because of his manner. He was gentle and not in the least overbearing, and this made his strength seem good to her. For a girl so young, she was uncannily intuitive about these things. When she stepped back to invite him in, she was in full confidence that he was safe and would not hurt her or the wolves she lived among. This could have been extremely dangerous if her sense of the goodness in others was lacking. It wasn't. She liked his voice, his face, the pretty color of his fur; most of all, she liked his smell. It reminded her of her mother, and Rio adored her mother.

"...Okay!" she cheeped when he told her to blame their prospective mischief on him. But she really didn't think anyone would get mad. Why would they? They should be able to tell that Sir Haven was perfectly capable of being a visitor of Phoenix Valley, that he wasn't there to wreak havoc. Rio fell into step beside him, buzzing with energy. He spoke so kindly that she couldn't help but feel ever so happy! She loved it when others were so nice to her without having any reason to be. "Oh, lots of fun! We's dance in the cold." She twirled quickly in a circle to show him, trying to mirror the spinning dance of the snowflakes. "D'you wanna try pwaying? Wiff me and them?" Small black nose pointed up toward the falling snow, a delighted, hopeful grin on her face. If he didn't play, maybe he would try it. "We has fun! And I wanna pway wiff you; you smell like Mama."

[/html]
[html]
Big Grin 300+

Haven noticed something strikingly familiar about the young girl's smell. There was something about it that was similar to his own and he found that incredibly odd. Perhaps this was some young cousin or other such relative that he had yet to meet? He figured that that must be it and his mind did not at all wonder the the possibility of their actual relation. It had been months upon months since he had seen his birth mother, but he couldn't imagine that there had been any such huge events such as the bearing of another litter for her. Surely if such a thing had happened he would have heard about it, if not from her then from someone else. His mind didn't even consider such a possibility though. The only siblings he had were his littermates and that was that.

The burnt orange male grinning down at the dark hued child. She was a little delight and her happy mood and energy were infectious. His pace was slow and unhurried, not wanting to overtax her short legs. He remembered well how hard it was to get around at that age and how jealous he had been of the ease of movements that the adults possessed. Haven had always been anxious to grow up but once he had the shiny veneer of adulthood had quickly worn off. Hopefully Rio understood what great a gift childhood was. A warm chuckle left his throat as the girl excitedly spun around, showing off her dancing abilities. "I would love to play with you and the fairies!" The Aatte turned to face her and the front half of his body dropped to the ground, his rear staying in the air with his wagging tail; the quintessential play pose. Rio's last words made him pause though and he looked at her curiously, his brows knitting together. "I do?" That was very strange and it gave him an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. Still his mind protected him from the shocking possibility that was to come. "Who's your mama?" he asked, trying to keep his tone calm.

[/html]
[html]
300+

Perhaps she was more likely to appreciate the simplicity of childhood than most puppies were; her spells of deep, unexplained sadness made her yearn for happier moments. All she wanted was to be indefinitely content like her other siblings seemed to be; they were high in spirit all the time. Unfortunately, such happiness was too far a reach for the Marino girl. She was more than happy now, and at some level she was grateful; she apparently had a friend in this strangely familiar man. That was very good, considering her lack of friends at the present time, which she couldn't be blamed for at her young age. After her little dance, the russet brute knelt before her, rump in the air, looking very much like a child her age, if only within the beautiful green of his eyes. She bumped her nose quickly, playfully against his, blotting out a snowflake that had just landed between her tiny nostrils. Mimicking his stance, she sunk down to rest her weight on her chest, lifting her bottom skyward, whip-like tail waving. But something had changed.

She couldn't sense his hesitance, for he did well to conceal it. So, it didn't seem to her that something had gone wrong, just changed. She righted her pose in one smooth movement, turning it upside down with her shoulders high and her bottom nestled in the snowy earth; she looked very feline in that moment. Her face was genuinely quizzical, one dark ear flopping as she tilted her face to one side. She had assumed that although she didn't know why his scent resembled her mother's, he would. Didn't big wolves usually know more about these things than little ones? "Naniko. She's my momma." Rio gave an affirmative nod, all business. "Why you smells like her, Haven?"

[/html]
[html]
Haven's brain just exploded a little bit XD; 300+

Haven would have loved to have spent the afternoon playing with lovely little Rio. It felt like a chance to recapture his own childhood, and for a few more moments still he was unaware of how close a comparison it truly was. He wasn't aware that he was frolicking with a younger, half-sibling; had no idea that he even had any siblings outside of those he had been born alongside. It was true, he had noticed something almost eerily similar about the young, dark girl, but it hadn't bothered him. Sometimes you just got that sense from someone and it really didn't mean anything. This time it did mean something, and it was quite a large something. Blissfully ignorant still though, the ochre male growled playfully as Rio bumped her nose against his and then took on his same stance. It would be a fun game they would play, and Haven was excited for it.

Though when his question was raised the girl sat down very proper-like and looked at him, seemingly just as confused as he was. Haven had stayed in his playful pose, that was until Rio voiced her answer to his query and then his mind flashed blank. His rump fell from the air and landed on the snowy ground with a dull thump. His jaw also fell, hanging limply open as he stared at the periwinkle eyed pup in disbelief. Naniko. She's my momma. The words rang in his ears and his brain was stunned. How could that be? How could Naniko possibly be this girl's mother? Then it was her turn to ask him a question and Haven was tongue tied and more confused than ever. "She's...I mean I...well..." The Aatte male shook his head, trying to clear it, though it did little to help. "She's...she's my mom too..." Bi-colored ears folded against his skull as he looked at the girl, the swirl of confusion clear in his eyes and face.

[/html]
[html]
haha, and rio's making things even more awkward for him. poor haven. 300+

Rio was all revved up to frolic with this beautiful boy; sometimes it was hard to play with her other siblings because they were the same size and age as she, and tired out quickly. She didn't hold it against them; she was simply a ball of energy when happiness was upon her, and the three of them couldn't keep up. She'd never played with any big wolves other than Papa. But they had to finish what they were talking about, and then they could play. After she spoke, she stared at him with wide eyes, very curious as to why his face had suddenly become so funny-looking. His jaws were parted, his ears flat; he looked like Harlowe did when something surprised him. The girl's brow furrowed as she studied him, and then he spoke words that explained why his mood had so quickly shifted to one of such blatant shock.

He seemed to have forgotten how to talk properly, because he spoke with breathy, uncertain gaps between his words. But she was patient; yep, she'd wait for him to get it right. When he finally did, Rio froze entirely, her little muscles tightening and her eyes growing even wider. Was he playing a joke on her? But that wasn't a nice thing to do; he was a nice wolf, and wouldn't do such a thing to her. She decided that he was completely serious. He appeared almost upset to the little girl, perhaps sorrowful - though she may have been perceiving his expression wrongly. "But... how? Why hasn't Mama and Papa told me they has more babies?" Of course, she didn't yet understand the concept of half-siblings; to her, siblings always shared both parents. It didn't occur to her that Haven could have a different father; what taboo.

[/html]
[html]
talk about your awkward turtle situations! 300+

Haven's mind was reeling and struggling fiercely to try and come back together, but it was a losing battle and he knew it. He would do his best to stay a little composed, not wanting to do anything to upset the pup, but this was an upsetting subject. He had a feeling that just as he had been completely ignorant of her existence, she was unaware of his. He saw Rio tense at his words and stare at him, her eyes studying him for any hint of deception. He wasn't deceiving her in the slightest bit however and so thankfully there was nothing but honesty for the girl to glean from him. Part of him wished that she was the one playing a trick on him, but he knew she wasn't. Pups were almost always brutally honest because they didn't know what else to be and he didn't doubt the truth of her words for a moment.

His previous guess that Rio didn't know about him became true when she asked how that could be and he felt a pang of pain sear through his chest. Apparently not only did his birth mother not want to inform him of the fact that she had more pups, but she didn't want her new kids to know about him or his siblings. It appeared that everything he had feared ever since finding out the truth of his father was true after all. It hurt more than he would have wished to admit. Scrambling to come up with an answer that wouldn't be too confusing for the girl he huffed a sigh. "I don't know why..." he said in a defeated tone. "But, I doubt we have the same father." For all he knew Conri Church was long gone and that was for the best. He couldn't help but be curious about who it was that had fathered Rio's litter, though he found himself too afraid to ask.

[/html]
[html]
Totally just made an awkward turtle with my hands Tongue 300+

She couldn't see why he was quite so upset, because it didn't seem like such a thing to be thrown totally off kilter for. Yes, she searched for truth in his jade eyes, eyes so much like those of her mother. The truth was, however, that she trusted him, and wondered if he trusted her as well. Perhaps she's made him so terribly sad, somehow. For her, finding a new brother was the most wonderful thing in the world, especially such a beautiful and kindhearted one as Haven. Why was he so confused, so unbelieving, by their new-found connection? Slowly, Rio sunk into a sadness of her own, and felt her chest tighten as it always did, her brow furrowing in pain as she cast wincing glances at Haven, her brother; periwinkle eyes found his face and then the snow at her pale feet, unsure of where to keep her eyes and wishing she could just shut them for a while.

Even his words were drenched in sorrow, derived from a place she wouldn't have recognized. She had no clue that his problem was not with her, but with their mother. Every time her gaze glanced of his, she saw her mother, and understood why Naniko had not told her she had a brother. "Signore... Haven... why e'you sad?" her voice cracked, tears pooling in her eyes. "You don't want to be my brother?" He didn't like her. First she'd discovered her brother, joyful in itself. But he wasn't so pleased by the news, and she understood it as his disappointment toward being related to her. Perhaps it sounded as if she were fabricating her own emotions, but she was far too young for this. Her sadness was honest, her sense of being unwanted by this wonderful wolf as real to her as the snow at her feet. The pooling tears spilled the boundary of long dark lashes, and she couldn't look at him anymore, but rather watched her tears become one with the snow.

[/html]
[html]
awesome! XD awwww, Haven's going to feel like an arse for making her cry :c 300+

Haven hadn't been able to control his reaction. The news had been so unexpected and come from such an unexpected source that he hadn't had the chance to even think about how his reaction would affect the small girl that was his younger sibling. He couldn't understand why he hadn't found out about this before now and the only explanation seemed to be all the reasons he had feared all those months ago. He had thought that Naniko hadn't wanted him, had seen the man who had raped her every time she saw him, and this all seemed to be confirmation of that. She had gone off and had a litter that she wanted and without any pups that looked like that man that she must hate so much. Lost in his own thoughts and raging emotions he didn't notice the change in Rio at first. For a moment, he retreated into himself in an attempt to stop all of the hurt and the confusion, but of course it didn't work. When he finally looked back at the small girl, guilt poured over him like a frigid drought.

He opened his mouth to answer her first question, or at least attempt to, when the second one hit him like a punch in the gut. The tears pooling in her pretty lilac eyes were perhaps the worst thing he had ever seen. He had made her cry. He had made his little sister cry. A guilty whine came from his throat as he quickly stood and walked over to her, his nose nuzzling the top of her head, tongue licking her ear. "No, no Rio, that's not it at all! I'm lucky to have such a sweet little sister. Please don't cry. You're not the reason I'm sad." Haven had never felt so awful in his life. He needed to be more careful with the way he reacted around pups because it was so easy for them to take things the wrong way, as Rio just had through no fault of her own. "I'm sad because Naniko didn't tell me about you. I didn't have any idea that she had had you. And...I don't think she really wants me. I don't think she ever did..." The Aatte male sat down next to his little sister, his head hovering above her own, hoping that she would understand that he wasn't sad or upset with her.

[/html]
[html]
Just had to enhance the drama. 300+

She knew nothing more of her mother than that she was sweet and gentle, and took care of Rio and her siblings in the best way she could (which equaled the best way imaginable). She'd recently taken to her pack duties as Mr. Jefferson had mandated, leaving her in the care of Xeris. And Rio missed her mother. There was nothing more comforting than curling against the strong, pale woman, and letting dreams overtake her. She therefore couldn't imagine any of the feelings Haven felt, since she lacked knowledge of his history with their Mama. But, to her surprise, Haven saw her tears and appeared taken aback again, though this time it was her sadness that had confused him. He spoke kind words that she hadn't expected, treating her to a nuzzle and a gentle kiss. Never before had she felt so confused, and so relieved at the same time. The last of her tears fell, and she forced a weak smile that became genuine as his voice continued with words to soothe her.

But he brought up her mother, deepening her confusion. How could a mother not want her babies? The notion went against the stigma of parental perfection that children often held, and Rio was no exception. She watched him sit down beside her and was more comfortable now that he was close; their play had been interrupted, but she didn't mind. She wanted to understand more than anything else in the world. "But Mama has to love you," she said, as if this was another requirement of Naniko's, of having given life to the boy. She said so because Rio truly believed that there was some misunderstanding beneath this all. Mama loved all her children, no matter who their daddy was. "I love you." She said this quietly, but without hesitance. He must know that he was loved.

[/html]
[html]
but of course! 300+

Haven could have kicked himself for his lapse in self control and judgment. It had been a severe shock to him and there wasn't much he could have done, but still he should have been more sensitive as to how his reaction could effect Rio. Of course it would only make sense for her to think that it was she that he had issue with given how he had acted. Of course nothing could be further from the truth. He may have been incredibly surprised to find that he was suddenly a big brother, but that didn't mean for a moment he laid an ounce of blame on Rio or her siblings. None of this was their fault, it was only Naniko who had not handled the situation well. No matter what issues lay between them, she should have gotten word to him about this. It bothered him deeply, but he pushed it down as best he could. His little sister was smiling again and he didn't want to do anything to upset her again. The Aatte managed a small smile back down at her, glad he had been able to put a stopper in her flowing tears, even if he had been the cause of them.

There was no way that he could really make her understand the complications between him and their mother without going into the unsettling details and he wasn't about to expose her to such information. She didn't need to know those things, and besides, no matter what he thought of Naniko he wasn't going to spoil Rio's image of her. Eventually the idyllic image of her parents would fade to reality, it was unavoidable, but Haven wasn't going to do anything to speed up the process. He understood how important those ideas were to a pup. "Maybe she does. It has just been a very long time since we've seen each other." He couldn't put all the blame on her of course, but she wasn't completely innocent either. What Rio said next though warmed his heart intensely. Haven grinned down at the small girl and once again nuzzled the top of her head. "I love you too." And he meant it, with every fiber of his being. It didn't matter that they had just met. She was his sister, and he knew that he would protect her with all the strength in his body.

[/html]
[html]
wc 344

Haven could not be blamed for his emotion. Blame didn't even cross her mind when she'd become upset; of course she could not possibly blame her older brother for upsetting her. He hadn't been the one to upset her. She was entirely too sensitive, and too young to recognize this clearly enough to change it. Somewhere inside she felt sorry for him too, for his lapse in happiness, and hoped he did not blame her for upsetting him. She didn't want him to be unhappy with her. This was often an issue; the girl was paranoid about others' disapproval, no matter from whom it came. She wished to make others smile. Haven must smile again, she thought, because it brought her pleasure to see him happy.

Her smile seemed to do well toward this, as the dark corners of his lips turned upward in what she hoped was a sign of happy relief. Something changed in the girl afterward, and she felt no more need to be upset at the moment. His words rendered her thoughtful for a brief moment, as he'd given her a taste of reality today, a helpful one that would undoubtedly prompt her emotional growth: no being, no matter how elevated in her mind, was perfect. There was a tiny flaw now in her mother's perfection, yet the girl still loved her mother. She could not think to hard about this now, though. Perhaps the child would reconsider later, or when she had matured. But she had learned something valuable from Haven, there was no doubt.

She felt the soft tip of a warm muzzle on the fuzzy fur of her head. Her laughter rang out; she was exceedingly joyful now that the uncertainty was over. She felt his love in both his touch and in the words he spoke, and had no reason to doubt him. "I's happ-ee...!" she told him, bumping his foreleg with her own snout. "You'wr a good brother, Haven." Let there be no question that the girl adored her brother, and right from the beginning.
[/html]