Burn in the Cold
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ands-2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
413 SSWM
For Leroy <3

Strel had slept in, almost till noon. He had been so surprised by the fact that the weak sunshine in his window was from a sun hanging high in the sky rather than almost in range of his window. Around his shoulders and over his head was a ragged blanket, the edges of which he held with a hand. The other was on the window, leaving a white mark spreading in an outline of his digits. The heat seemed to clash with the cold windows, the color just like winter. Strel breathed on the glass watching it spread further. He took a digit and ran it through the fog, creating swirls on the surface.

Giving a tired sigh, the redhead rested his forehead against the pane, nose touching it as well. Lavender hued orbs gazed at the empty courtyard, the bare angiosperms and the still green gymnosperms, and the dark steel gate. The metal portal still looked so terribly daunting. It always unnerved him to see those spikes on the fence, wondering what kinds of things they were designed to protect against, or to keep in. But this place was too nice, albeit slightly dilapidated, to have harbored anything needing to be kept locked away.

The lure of the mass of old cloth and fur was too strong; Strel turned from the view and let himself fall onto the rats nest he had created to keep cozy. The blanket on his head remained there, spread out now though. Into his arms he pulled a handful of warm fur, nestling himself into it. The door was ajar, more open than a crack, and out of the corner of his eye he watched it, in case anyone saw him looking so strange. A sound escaped his throat as he burrowed more into the pile, smiling contently.

The room was still rather bare, since he and Mati still had to paint it bright. It still felt colder than what a coat of paint would have done, but it was still his home. He felt safe and secure here, despite the strange creaking and groaning the old place did at night. Everyone else had gotten used to it, and so had he. Besides, he liked the central location of the Hotel. Everyone was here really, since so many stayed here to sleep. For had he found an older house elsewhere, he was sure he would have felt left out of the loop. Now that would never do.
[/html]
[html]

He is still sleeping right? word count 337

The snow still covered the ground in a small, white layer that made everything seem to stand so still. Like a frozen memory that brings out the beautiful things in life, this morning was still so very young for the husky. The sun had barely risen when he left his bed, the winter chill still hung in the air but spring is come and the year has ended. Life has completed it’s cycle once more and again it starts over. Walking through the upper floors of his home Leroy checked the windows, the winter had been rough and to his surprise he only had to repair one this season. Leroy’s black and white body quickly gathered his supplies, putting everything into his large yellow bag before settling it on his back. “Too quite.” Speaking to himself this father quietly missed the sounds his children made.

Leroy made fast time crossing land in their packland, his black and white patterned form shined out from the snowy surroundings. When the husky arrived at the hotel the sun started to rise higher, the clear blue sky had some clouds but that will not keep Leroy from his duties. First he plans to check what windows he can reach from the outside, he wants to see if they need repairing and what will soon need to be replaced. “Lets do this.” The first round of windows on the front of the hotel went smoothly, there was some damage here and there but over all there wasn’t much to be done. Setting his bag down Leroy’s strong arms lifted himself up to look at the slightly higher window at the hotel’s side, red eyes looked at the window and it appeared fine. Blinking for a second Leroy looked inside the room to see a mess of blankets on the bed, whoever it was could be helping with duties. “HEY!” Leroy shouted as he smacked the window hard with one hand, staring at the pack member as his waited for them to wake.

thinking talking

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ands-2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
465 SSWM
No, but he does look like he is.

The smell was old, musky but nice. The mess of a bed had still retained much of it's dusty scent, but it had picked up the specific one that Strelein could tell was his own. He inhaled, taking it in. There was so much more to enjoy in this place, despite the slightly chiller atmosphere than Michigan. Truthfully, it had been cold there, but he had not lived close to the ocean, or really even too close to one of the huge lakes. He had seen it in his travel, but he had not been there in this season, but in the season of heat and humidity. Then, the water had been lovely and relaxing. Here the water had been cooling and entertaining, before the onslaught of the weather crashed into the area full force.

Strelein turned over to pull together a larger bundle of cloth that he had tried to make into a pillow of sorts. Arms wrapped tight around the thing, he managed to make an indent of sorts in the center of the pile, where he now lay. "Ah...this is the life,' he thought, grinning as he moistened his lips from the dryness in the room. If only he could laze about all the time, nary a care in the world. But he had to feed his hungering belly with breakfast, lunch even. Even then he would not be allowed to really lounge about like some carefree hippie. There was work he had to do. But that could wait another ten-twenty minutes.

Of course he jumped, to a degree, when he heard the loud thump against his glass and a slightly muffled call. An arm let go of the makeshift pillow to pull back the ragged green blanket from over the male's head. Strelein peeked out cautiously, wondering if someone had tossed a snowball to get his attention, or if a shingle from the roof had fallen and simply made a loud noise. "Leroy?" he voiced out loud, still a bit too quiet for the wolf outside, probably on a ladder - actually, it was not that high up - or something, to really hear.Pushing off the mass of warmth gingerly - he was rather reluctant to part with it - Strel rose, tossing the pillow into the indent.

Why was Leroy by the window like that? Was he trying to be creepy and spy on people? No, that did no sound remotely like the husky. Shaking his colorful head, the younger male came to the glass window. He fumbled with the latch, having never bothered to open it before. Then, sliding it up to open, he sent a glare at the black and white dog. "What do you want, Leroy? And what are you doing outside my room?"

[/html]
[html]

sorry for the delay i didn't forget you <3

Watching in through the window his red eyes caught the sight of the body jump at the sound he made, lip pulled up in annoyance at his packmate’s waste of time. Brushing the shaggy hair away from his good eye he watched Sterelin move in his mass of blankets, ears flickered as he waited on the younger male. Why was he still sleeping? By now his redheaded friend should have a job, being busy himself it seemed fine to Leroy to recruit him.

Leaning back as he opened the window the husky leaned in slightly, unfazed by Strelein’s glare his looked back in a normal though relaxed handsome face.
"What do you want, Leroy? And what are you doing outside my room?"

Both red eyes, good and bandaged watched Strelein speak in his own annoyed voice. Leroy rolled his eyes slightly with a low grumbled, he had work to do and this youngster can help. “You.” He said bluntly. “I’m doing repairs and checking everything I can on the hotel, I’m getting you up to help do some work.” Turning to hop down Leroy paused before looking back at Strelin with a raised brow.” You don’t have a job yet do ya Strelein? Doesn’t matter I’m going to need some help.” Turning away Leroy’s black and white body jumped back down to the ground, muscles tense and flexing with every movement of his body.

thinking talking

[/html]
[html]
it's not a problem c:

"Why didn't you check it before the weather decided to get cold and snow? Wouldn't that have been easier?" he asked, sticking out a tongue at the dog as he questioned him. Strelein blatantly ignored the order, choosing to wait as long as he could.

It seemed that the dog was in never in a mood to act far less gruff than he usually did. He was often kind of taciturn, though it was as if there was not much for him to say. If it were not for the completely emotionless and businesslike way that Leroy had said 'you', the redhead would have been touched that the other male had decided to address him in such a way. Instead he only huffed back at the black and white dog, not caring to voice his grievances with the other. Leroy did not seem to be in that rare mood now either, not taking anything other than a 'fine' for an answer to his request, demand really.

"Well excuse me for not having people ask clothing of me lately, Leroy." He mumbled something darkly as he slammed down the window after the dog dropped back down onto the ground. Of course, he then proceeded to open it back up, much faster than the first time now. "What the hell is it that you want me to do, actually? Do I need to go outside or do I get to enjoy the lovely empty, dusty rooms of the insides of the Hotel?" Strelein leaned against the window sill, fully content to do nothing but laze until the black and white man would bark and snap some orders at him. He was no carpenter, he did not know the trade that Leroy did. He could hammer a nail into wood, but that was something anyone with brain function and motor skills could do with ease.

"You know, Leroy," he said idly, flicking a small chip of paint out of the window. "It wouldn't kill you to be nice for an hour." Looking down at the dog with a slight glare, Strel continued, "Maybe then you'd know that I am trying to get a job."
[/html]