permanent
Firefly had been absentmindedly rubbing her hand across the scar on her arm, her eyes glancing from the dyes on the shelves and the inks. She knew that sooner or later she would drag them down and finally start on the tattoo that she had designed so long ago, but right now just didn’t seem right. Instead she just arranged and rearranged, dusting off months of dust and webs that had collected on the shelves. She kept the more important tools rolled up nice and neat in velvet cases, knowing that it was important to keep them well and in line.

The steel flashed before her eyes as she lifted needle and thread, one of the oldest ways of tattooing. She had various forms and methods present but she hadn’t worked them in a long time. The last altering she had done was for Haven. She wondered if the tattoo and bleaching was still holding strong for him. She knew she should ask him but the thought of her nephew rose images of her lost pups and she knew that now was still too soon.

She swallowed back the painful memories before she opened her eyes again and took a deep breath. She had yet to actually talk to Jac about everything and she knew he probably would prefer it thatway, but something just didn’t settle right with her and she was still restless about words unspoken. She sighed to herself and pushed away from her hobby and skill and moved to walk outside.

Elroy was sitting upon the railing when she closed the door behind her and joined him, her slight frame leaning against the old wood as she gazed out across the lands. Everything was too still for her and she could find nothing to ease her mind. She was tempted to journey back to Inferni but she figured that with no real reason to go that Anselm or Gabriel would become annoyed. She sighed and laid her head against the cold wood as she just let the chill seep into her body.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

Strel decided to finally gather whatever drops of courage lingered in his small reserve of the stuff and get something done to his body beyond the only two piercings adorning his ears. The redhead had wanted a tattoo for long enough that he could remember whining about it in Toronto. But there he had never been able to get comfortable with anyone a good enough length of time to be comfortable and familiar with them. Though sure, here in Cour des Miracles, he was not really terribly acquainted with Firefly, but at least he could trust her to do her job well, since she had to have earned it himself. So there was little to be afraid of. Well, except for the fact that the Marquis did not know how the woman did her body art and whether or not he would end up whimpering in pain. Plus, he hoped he would not have to pay some large pecuniary price.

"Firefly?" he called out, wondering to where he had been told to find the tattoo artist. He was not completely sure she would be here, since others in the pack would most likely try to see what they could do for the war. Not Strel. No way, no how. He would stay far away from the conflict and it would most definitely be on one of his mental back burners. He did not see her, but he did see a cat perched on a railing. Confused, he moved around again, wondering if peeking into a window would help see if the Lady was in. When the door closed, the redhead returned to the door to see her standing outside of it. Smiling as genteelly as he could, Strelein gave a short, sharp whistle. "Why hello, Firefly. Isn't it a bit early for the pretty lights to be out to play?" The Marquis leaned against the railing, smug look on his face.

[/html]
Firefly hadn’t thought that anyone would come running to her place in this weather but she lifted her head slightly when a voice called her name, turning her face to the side to catch sight of Strelein leaning against the railing as he chattered away. She crossed her arms over the section of rail she’d already claimed and raised a brow at his teasing words. ”Don’t you know the fireflies all fade away in winter.” Oddly enough that was about how she felt, like she had faded away and there was nothing left of her but a shell. She flicked her ears back slightly as she lifted herself off of the perch she’d taken against the rail.

She stretched quietly as she asked. ”Why are you out pestering fireflies anyways?” she asked, acting as though they were still talking of silly little bugs rather than herself. ”You weren’t one of those horrible little brats that ripped wings of butterflies and smashed fireflies just to see the guts glow were you?” She figured it would probably explain a lot if he was. Her own brother had been rather cruel and unusual when he was just a pup, not that she’d been around to see, but she’d enjoyed stories of the things he’d done, finding it amusing that he was such a calm and collected, though deeply brooding soul now. She flicked her eyes back to Strelein as she raised a brow in awaiting an answer.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

The redhead snorted, crossing one leg over the other slightly as he leaned against the railing, still gazing at Firefly with lavender orbs. From what he could tell, the woman's mood was not all sunshine and daisies, which was a shame. The weather might have been something out of a Christmas tale, but at least it was pretty. She should cheer up a little and enjoy the scenery a bit! "Now that's what nature wants us to believe, madam. Why would the pretty things all disappear?" Strelein idly examined his lower arms, noting the uniform cream color that ran from the tips of his fingers to his shoulders really.

Shaking his head with a sigh, the Marquis looked soberly at the Lady. "Why aren't you out pestering annoying redheads?" he retorted, returning his eyes on Firefly. His look suddenly took on a mock seriousness as he pursed his lips and shook his head slightly. "Oh, no, no. Of course not. Those little things were always out after I was asleep. I was a horrible little brat who tormented my siblings." Strelein grinned sheepishly, rubbing a hand through his hair. Turning to watch the snow fall around them, he sighed once more, marveling at it all. It was like Michigan, but not at the same time. It was nice.

But it was high time to get to the point of his visit, for he feared that Firefly would ask him to leave soon. "You're wondering why I'm here," he stated, no hint of a question his tone. "I need your help. Your skilled help." There was a legitimate seriousness in his voice now, as his words zeroed in on his explanation. "I want a tattoo or two. I hear you're the one to bother." What kind of tattoo, the redhead did not know, but he figured the woman would be able to help him out a bit there.

[/html]
She couldn't help it, normally when she was in a bad mood she tended to stay there, but with all the teasing and taunting it was hard to keep the foul aires. She raised a brow slightly at the male as he tried to convince her that the fireflies were still about in the winter. Even if she did know where they went she would never believe they were stupid enough to stick around in the snow. It was better that they all just died off in her mind, which in some ways was what she had done. Rolling her eyes after a moment she huffed. "Well, if they are still out and about I pity them.." She let her eyes saddle to the side to gaze at the male again as he became the player once more.

With his next series of words she couldn't help the bark of laughter that erupted from her lips. "Because I thought all the annoying redheads had enough sense to stay out of my way.. but I guess I was wrong." She said with a smirk. She stretched her arms out before her over the edge of the railing once again as she shot the male a look that told him she could see right through his ploy with his mockery and games. What came next though was not what she had expected.

She frowned slightly as he actualy became serious now and explained his little visit. She rubbed one hand down the long scar across her left side as she glanced towards him. She knew that the injury had done little to bother her skills but she hadn't thought that anyone would come calling for work anytime soon. She should have known better, it was the idle season where boredom made the masses do things they normally wouldn't. She flicked a bit of snow off her arm as she asked. "Just what were you looking for then?" She needed some sort of understanding on what the male needed before she began.
[html]
300+
I just saw something very disturbing x_o

Strelein gave a quick shoulder shrug. He was not known for logical decisions, but he did have his occasional bursts of common sense. But any idiot knew better than to stand in front of an avalanche, which was what Firefly made herself sound to be. It did not seem to be that kind of mood, the kind that women sometimes got into. Firefly could not be much worse than a few falling boulders at most. The redhead rolled his eyes, as he was in the habit of. "You give them too much credit of being remotely intelligent. You did call them annoying, so they're probably far from smart enough to remember that wild animals hate red."

The Marquis did not think much of her looking at her arm, thinking it was more of a thought process kind of thing, sort of a habit. From his position, he did not notice the scar that was still lingering on her flesh, nor had he heard of her ever getting hurt so there was simply no connection to make. Strel somehow managed to stay ignorant of what happened in his own home. There was a tangible lack of unity in Cours, but it somehow still served the members well. Maybe they would all be fighting each other to the death within the season?

Now came the hard part, trying to figure out what he wanted for a tattoo, or tattoos. He could only be honest. "I don't really know. I just have vague ideas, so I figured I could use you to bounce ideas off of since you would probably be the terribly kind person to do the tattoos for me," he cooed, trying to play the flatter card on the Lady. "I would not ask you to do this for free, though I'm not sure what you want from me, m'lady." His tone was plain, without a hint of suggestiveness; such a thing did not cross his mind.

[/html]