ARCHIVE HIGHLIGHT: Question about Multiple Threads
Just wondering; can you have your character in multiple places at once? Because sometimes it seems like someone's wolf will be in multiple threads at the same time. Like, start one today, another 2 weeks from now but still be posting in the first kind of thing. Can you do that or am I just being unobservant? XD

EDIT: I realise this is in a weird category. Oh well Tongue
Well I believe we do allow it, since I've been doing it since I joined here. Tongue The sense of time is kind of wonky here since our year is literally a year. So, I think there is a sort of haze around dates, unless it is very plot specific and needs to be a certain date. I think in the end the date matters only slightly. Don't quote me on this, since I could turn out to be an idiot. C:
Haha thanks. I guess that makes sense; having stuff in real-time means LIQUID TIME! :O And if you turn out to be an idiot I'll let you know later, mkay? =3
It depends how much importance you put into it as a person, I believe. I know some are more picky about it than others. I myself try somewhat not to have my character be multiple places at the same time/date, but sometimes I slip and suddenly have Haku three different places of the map at the same date, and then I usually choose to forward or backdate it, as I try to play it out as realistic as possible.
I usually wiggle around this by assuming my threads are in "relative" chronological order, rather than something based explicitly upon dates. Most of the time the dates my threads are posted correspond to the date they actually happened, but since I don't post new threads every day, if I go and post like 3 new ones all at once I tend to assume they actually occurred spaced out over the time span from when I posted my last "batch."
Yep, Out of Character time equals In Character time. So if you post a thread, it occurs when you post it unless you specify otherwise. Usually this just applies to the date and you specify the time of day in your thread. As Zero also mentioned, you can forwarddate or backdate threads so they follow in chronological order.

In this sense, you can have as many threads as you want. Some people like to maintain a very organized log of threads, which is fine. :O Just know that, no, a character cannot appear in two places at once, but threads are assumed to have started the day you posted, so you can have as many threads as you can handle! :3
And if you like mindfucking people, you can have no timeline at all! :B *USELESS REPLY*
QUOTE (Hezekiah Finch @ Feb 7 2010, 08:20 PM)
And if you like mindfucking people, you can have no timeline at all! :B *USELESS REPLY* [/quote]
lol ;D
QUOTE (Hezekiah Finch @ Feb 7 2010, 08:20 PM)
And if you like mindfucking people, you can have no timeline at all! :B *USELESS REPLY* [/quote]
That would be me. Big Grin If you want the timeline of my posts you have to rely on whoever I RP with, which can be fuuunnn!
That's why I keep very vague, loose timelines, so my threads are in OOC chronological order. And that's about as much as I do.

Dates and times are overrated!11
[html]There are some people who will timestamp their posts in other games, though I don't think I've seen that here. Like... say they start two threads in the same day, they'll put in the first post "This one happens at 8:30 am" and "This one happens at 12:30 PM" or just "this one is morning" and "this one is at night." Time in the matter of hours and minutes is generally less important here.

Usually if I start two threads, I'll just kind of... make it clear In Character that one occurs at a specific timeframe--like, I'll explicitly state in one that it's nighttime or whatever, but I don't feel the need to actually throw the times on there in most cases. It is far more common for threads to be "datestamped" though, if the thread is supposed to be forward or backdated.

Others have already covered backdating and all that, but just remember with backdating, but it's generally not a good idea to forward or backdate more than about a month. I don't think this is set in stone anywhere, but yeah, if you try to backdate a thread to 3 years ago, it'd be far better off in the Lascivio forum.

For one, it can be incredibly annoying to play what feels like a dated thread--and in my experience going too far backward in time can make that happen faster with a thread. Going too far forward in time is just weird because you don't really know what could happen between now and then. It could turn out that the other character you're threading with in "three months from now" IC time, that the character has already been killed off, which makes the thread absolutely nonsensical. XD;

So... yeah! I hope this wasn't too convoluted and useless. :X[/html]
QUOTE (Anselm de le Poer @ Feb 7 2010, 05:02 PM)
I usually wiggle around this by assuming my threads are in "relative" chronological order, rather than something based explicitly upon dates. Most of the time the dates my threads are posted correspond to the date they actually happened, but since I don't post new threads every day, if I go and post like 3 new ones all at once I tend to assume they actually occurred spaced out over the time span from when I posted my last "batch." [/quote]
Zero's philosophy is usually what I follow as well, and have since I started RPing here 8 years (HOLY CRAP O.O) ago. XD

Sie pretty much summed up what I was going to bring up about backward and forward dating, so uh yeah. Useless-Replies-R-Jassy. =X