time to time
[html]

The small hybrid shook her head, the tremor working its way through her neck and shoulders. As she shimmied, water flew off of her in droplets. She quickly turned to wash her shoulder with her tongue, her eyes still roaming the area, and paused mid-lick as a big white shape became visible, floundering through the water. Or so she thought it was floundering; something that ungainly looking surely wouldn’t be able to swim, right? However, the two-legged canine was able to swim toward her, dragging the boat along.

Nervousness took over Timid, and she scooted a little further up the bank, contemplating making a run for it. It occurred to her that this was likely another Phoenix Valley wolf, this far into the territory, and she decided against fleeing for her life. It was an older male, unfamiliar and large compared to her little lupus frame, but he seemed to have a friendly face if she could look past those red eyes. She focused instead on his platinum-blond hair and the way it hung around his face, wet from his swim.

“W-what—oh.” Her face grew warm as she realized that he was offering her the boat. She shook her head quickly and fixed her eyes on her paws, her shoulders riding up defensively. “That’s—not mine. I was j-just checking it out. Hadn’t been in one b-before.”

The Loas wondered if she’d broken a rule by trespassing on someone else’s boat, and her uneasiness showed. She’d never been good at hiding her emotions in her face, only replacing them, and there was nothing to replace her apparent nervousness with.

“I’m—I’m new to the pack,” Timid clarified, wondering if boats should be common knowledge here. “My name is Timid Strong.”

<style type="text/css">
.timid-a02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#61633e;}
.timid-a02 i {font-weight:italic; color:#61633e;}
.timid-a02 ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px;}
.timid-a02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.timid-a02 {margin:0px auto; width:460px; background-color:#979060; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2up4sc3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#bdc296; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread