Patience is a virtue
[html]
[Image: ooc-1.jpg]

no problem at all Big GrinBig Grin You replied super quick! And I hope you don't mind. She's weird.

Ember thought that he had every right to be angry with her; she could tell the look of annoyance from a mile away. He'd chased the animal to its burrow but she remained standing a few yards away, unsure of whether he was going to address her or walk away. She wouldn't have felt bad if he'd just left; she would be mad at her too if she'd scared away the prey. He looked toward her and she approached, already expecting at least a scolding. She felt so horrible about making him lose the rabbit...she knew how hard hunting was. "Oh! I'm so, so, so sorry! I can't believe I got this close--I mean, I should have noticed what you were trying to do. But I wasn't sure...one of my sisters is a healer, and sometimes she talks to the animals...so I thought you might be talking to it, or something...But please accept my apology--I'm really really sorry."

She frowned in puzzlement when he asked her if she knew how to dig. What did that have to do with anything? Maybe he wanted her to dig her own grave--who knew what he had planned. "I...I think so. I've never had to before, just a little bit so I could fit into a hole under a tree once. Please, sir--don't make me dig it myself. And could I have some time to say goodbye to my family first? I just...I just found them again, some of them, and I..." Ember broke off, her voice cracking. He introduced himself, a wasted action. If he was going to get her, why bother telling her his name first? She shivered, tail curling between her legs. "Ember."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread