shake in the knees
[html]
mall-caps;text-variantConfusedmall-caps;">IT'S ONLY cript;">FOREVER, NOT LONG AT ALL

She wasn't shaken by the sudden boldness in the boy's words, and instead showed silent interest in how he handled her blatant refusal to accept him. The words were cold. The words could get him attacked. But instead, she stayed silent and observed, the usually explosive woman biting her tongue for just a moment. Was she mistaken? Though she knew herself to be right, the fact that the stranger could challenge her ideals of the world was admirable. So few ever did it without caution.

He came forward with icy eyes, frustrated as more words rolled off his tongue; they were siblings, she didn't want to accept it, he didn't understand. He didn't understand. Of course. He came from a world that was not Inferni, he had not been raised by the firm paws of Gabriel de le Poer. He hadn't suffered under the hate of wolves, for he was a wolf. "Yes, you don't understand. We are not brother and sister; you are a wolf, and I am a coyote. You were raised outside, and I was raised by him. And why do you think he never told me of you? Why do you think he never told any of us? I only learned through chance; do you think he's proud to have something like you fathered by him, a wolf? Would anyone be? You are not one of us. You don't belong here, and you don't deserve to call him your father. You have not gone through the trials that Ezekiel and I have faced to earn his love, and we're his kind; you have no chance, wolf boy." She was oddly calm as she spoke, crimson eyes never wavering from the iced-over cobalt pair that drilled into her with frustration. Inferni wasn't the place for him. She would never have allowed a wolf child of her father to take him away, not as the dog children had — there was only so much she could handle in the way of losing her father's love.

A frail hand rose to rub her brow, eyes closing finally to give her mind a break. "You aren't seeing him. If you continue to stay at our borders, I'll call for someone to remove you by force," she began, one ear flicking to the side. "And I'm sure there are many who would pass over your cries of belonging to add a new head to our borders." A hand reached out to rest atop one of the smooth surfaces of the skulls at her side.

<style>
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread