[J] Walk a little up the road
There was a few moments before anyone came, and Ella settled in to wait, blinking curiously as she tilted her brim to peer into the trees. Windle cawed from above her, briefly distracting her search as she glanced up at him. Lifting the brim of her hat out of the way, she tsk'd at him, narrowing her gaze. "Come on down here," She scolded gently. "They don't want silly birds in their trees." Windle cawed again, and leapt from his perch, winging his way back toward their boat to settle on the short mast. He ruffled his feathers and began preening himself, making Ella laugh before turning back to the trees.

She soon spotted a tall, bulky wolf making his way toward her. Her ears flicked uncertainly beneath her hat, intimidated by his sheer size, and she took a few steps back, tipping her hat nervously to him as he came to a stop in front of her. She licked her chops nervously, and then carefully removed her coverings as she tried to come up with a greeting. The stranger beat her to it, relaxing her tense shoulders somewhat with his polite tone.

Pulling the scarf down to rest around her neck, and removing the straw covering the top half of her face, Luella smiled, her shoulders curled in to prove she wasn't hostile. "Good afternoon, sir. I am Luella Frisk," And here she gave a small bow, "And I happened across your borders as I was sailing. Would you tell me what sort of pack this is? And if I might be of any use to your number?"

Of course, he couldn't tell her she was useful until she proved she knew useful things, but if they weren't accepting members she felt that was safer than asking out-right to join.

Messages In This Thread