[J] Walk a little up the road
Player Name: Elena
Character Name: Luella Frisk
Date of Birth: June 10th, 2010
Species: wolfcoydog
Personality Traits: relaxed, friendly, eager, stubborn, cautious
Skills: trading skills, basic healing knowledge, takes care of livestock, can fish and harvest oysters, knows how to sail.
NPC Characters/Animals: Darkness (draft horse/stallion), Windle (Peregrine Falcon/male), Margie (billy goat/female), Stanton (sheep/ram) & Lady (sheep/ewe).
Residence: #4 in Jordheim, please? Big Grin

The sun rose early in these parts; Luella was always surprised to find how different the path of the sun was across the sky the farther east she moved. Pausing in her trek across the water, she lifted her hand to shade her face and peered up at the glowing orb. It was higher in the sky than it had been when she set out; she'd been sailing for a few hours, at least. Windle preened on her shoulder, ruffling his feathers. She laughed at him, and directed their small vessel toward shore. He flew from her shoulder to perch in a small stand of trees while she struggled to pull the boat up on shore, banking it enough that an errant wave wouldn't send it out into the bay.

Fishing her sack out of the hull, she climbed up on shore and sat down, stretching her legs out and digging up a handful of oysters. Windle cawed at her from his tree, then swooped down and landed on her head, his talons digging into the flimsy straw. She shooed him off, then dug a knife out of her shorts to pry her lunch open.

Windle flew away and came back, landing on her forearm. She hissed at the dig of his talons, and then cried out as he stole the oyster's juicy insides before flying off again. "Wait your turn!" She called after him, running a hand absently over her arm before prying another one open. She managed to eat three before Windle returned, trying to peck the oyster out of her fingers. "No!" She chided, and then howled as he bit her finger.

"Stupid..." She felt tears welling in her eyes as she licked the blood away, then tucked her lunch away and glared after him. "Don't think I'm feeding you after that!" She called to him, and tossed the sack into the boat, pausing to inspect the damage. He'd done a number on her arm; she pulled the cloth up to inspect it more closely, hissing as the sun seemed to sting even more.

She moved toward the trees, pausing under their extended branches as she saw claim-marks on a nearby tree. The scent of pine needles and wood shavings wafted toward her, and she sneezed, pulling the scarf aside to rub at her nose. Windle cawed from the trees above her, a sound far too smug for a bird like him. Clutching at her arm, she glared at him, and then peered into the trees, wondering if her ruckus had been enough to bring someone to this pack's borders.

Just in case, she lifted her head and gave a short howl, hoping to draw attention to herself. They'd been looking for a pack for a few weeks, now; who knew there was one just up the way?
[html]

[457]
22.06.12 . 1pm . southern borders . optime form

Saul Chibi is by Requiem!

She would not stay out of his head and it was beginning to drive him insane. Their little midnight tryst had occurred nearly two weeks ago and it had been difficult for Saul to go and see her again. He didn't expect to get a repeat performance, but there was something about being with Lilin that way that was highly addictive. He'd seen her though, little conversations here and there, stolen kisses and chaste touches that neither of them really bothered to hide anymore. If the members of Vinátta did not suspect there was something going on between the leaders by now, they were clearly more reclusive than Saul gave them credit for. That being said, their humble home was beginning to fill and prosper- Saul knew it wouldn't be too long before they could start building their village hall and library.

His thoughts usually took these kinds of paths when his mind was otherwise unoccupied. The task of fixing doors and windows was a mindless one, but it was necessary. Only a few houses remained that had not yet been cleaned and repaired by a Vináttan and Saul often came out to work on the smaller bits of Jordheim that needed touching up. He still enjoyed the rough wilderness that almost overwhelmed their domed houses- he had occasionally thought about cutting the trees back and using them for something else, but he enjoyed the secrecy these trunks provided. He was, however, grateful that they did little to muffle the sounds of a summoning howl and he glanced up, concentration dipping his brows for a moment before he straightened, placing the metal tool he'd been using to harness a door properly to its frame on the ground.

He could immediately tell that this howl came from the south- unlike most who reached their western borders and called from there. He wondered if the canine had reached their borders from the sea, or if they'd been in the lower half of the island when Vinátta had been created. His thoughts consumed him as he moved, a swift run that allowed him to reach the shoreline in only a short time. Green eyes widened slightly as he processed the scene before him. A small optime female, but the shape of her body and the scent she gave off, stood close to a boat. She was shrouded in clothes despite the summer heat, a straw hat pulled down low. From what he could see of her, her fur was pristine white. He approached, tail flickering once back and forth. Good afternoon, miss. These are the bordrs of Vinátta- I am one of the leaders, Saul Stormbringer. Can I help you? He remained polite, but firm in his mannerisms and posture.

<style>
#artTXT {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#artTXT p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
There was a few moments before anyone came, and Ella settled in to wait, blinking curiously as she tilted her brim to peer into the trees. Windle cawed from above her, briefly distracting her search as she glanced up at him. Lifting the brim of her hat out of the way, she tsk'd at him, narrowing her gaze. "Come on down here," She scolded gently. "They don't want silly birds in their trees." Windle cawed again, and leapt from his perch, winging his way back toward their boat to settle on the short mast. He ruffled his feathers and began preening himself, making Ella laugh before turning back to the trees.

She soon spotted a tall, bulky wolf making his way toward her. Her ears flicked uncertainly beneath her hat, intimidated by his sheer size, and she took a few steps back, tipping her hat nervously to him as he came to a stop in front of her. She licked her chops nervously, and then carefully removed her coverings as she tried to come up with a greeting. The stranger beat her to it, relaxing her tense shoulders somewhat with his polite tone.

Pulling the scarf down to rest around her neck, and removing the straw covering the top half of her face, Luella smiled, her shoulders curled in to prove she wasn't hostile. "Good afternoon, sir. I am Luella Frisk," And here she gave a small bow, "And I happened across your borders as I was sailing. Would you tell me what sort of pack this is? And if I might be of any use to your number?"

Of course, he couldn't tell her she was useful until she proved she knew useful things, but if they weren't accepting members she felt that was safer than asking out-right to join.
[html]

[373]
hopefully we can make this a quick one- i leave for holiday on tuesday for a week!

The thrum of vibrations reached his ears just a few short moments before he exited the trees onto the sand. He'd assumed it had been speech, green eyes flickering around the area to find another canine before they settled on the dark pebble colour of the bird settling on the boat. It took him a moment, but he recognised the breed of bird- it was a peregrine falcon. Neela's bird Grynn was of the same breed and the male recognised the characteristic markings and colours the bird presented. His attention was captured as the female who had called removed her hat and scarf, revealing more of that pearly white fur. Her shoulders were still high and tense, but their inward angle was a sign of submission and Saul accepted it silently.

Her words were friendly enough however and he allowed a small smile to wash over his lips. He knew he enjoyed this aspect of being a leader, because it meant he could change another's life. A pleasure, Luella. He murmured in response to her given name. Her next words made him nod softly- the boat was hers it seemed. He was surprised that she'd made it this far into the cove- the sea was often rough and choppy, sometimes down right tempestuous when there was a strong wind from further out. He commended her skill, but concentrated once more on her question. What kind of a pack was Vinátta? That was a difficult question.

We are always grateful of more members- Vinátta's borders are open. As for what kind of a pack we are, thats a bit more difficult. We follow the Norse Gods, although this is not mandatory and many of our numbers do not believe in them. We are an industrious pack. He paused, unsure of how else he could describe their home. It was his turn to question however and he turned green eyes towards her once more. Could you tell me where you've come from? Where are your family? He asked, before his words ran on. What skills, besides sailing, can you serve Vinátta with? He asked, knowing the questions were sometimes a lot to handle but it was easier to get them out of the way now.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>[/html]
ooc: Ooh sounds fun! I'll reply as quick as I can. Big Grin

Luella smiled at him and gave a little bow of her head at his acknowledgement, carefully replacing her hat as even in the shade the sun on her fur burned. He tried to explain his pack, and Luella frowned thoughtfully. She'd never heard of the Norse Gods; or any gods at all, really. Her own beliefs wavered between whatever sounded good at the time, and she was prone to compiling her own collection of gods with each new religion she was introduced to. You could never have too many people to pray to, she thought.

Saul mentioned they were industrious, and her expression brightened into a pleased grin. She could work well with productive people; she was no lay-about, herself. And if they were open to new members, Ella was certain she'd be able to bring something of her own to the table. Her minuscule tail wiggled a bit at the thought, swaying her hips just a bit before she stopped.

His questions startled her a bit, she was so far off in dreamland, but she answered quickly. "I come from a town southwest of here, called Charca. My parents are there, and my siblings are wandering the world, as I am," She rubbed at her nose with the side of her paw nervously, a swift grin crossing her face. "We're a merchant family, trying to expand the family business," She added.

The wolf questioned her skills, and Ella rubbed at her face again, thoughtfully. "Well, I've dabbled in quite a few trades by now," She said with a shrug, "But I have a pretty good grasp on herbal medicines, and I can bandage and splint pretty well." Luella paused there, to consider what else might be useful, and added, "I can care for livestock. I've a goat and two sheep with me now, just up the way, aside from Windle here and Darkness, my horse. And I've some skill in fishing, particularly with shell fish."

Was that everything? Probably not. He could infer that she knew the trading business by her remark about her family--at least, she assumed it would be redundant to point that out to him--and all her other skills were off-hand, simply things she'd picked up along the road. "I think that's everything that's useful," She mused, "Though I know I'm leaving some things out. Self-defense, hunting, navigating...those are all pretty basic, right?"
[html]

[478]
sorry for the rush, i wouldn't do this if I had more time! hope the PP is alright!!

Observant eyes watched as she gave a little bow, before replacing the straw hat on her head. He could only assume that the hat meant something significant to her, because she'd held it close since it had been removed only a few short moments ago. He could almost see her thinking, the far off look that Saul got all too often spreading across her face. He allowed her her moment of thought before his question interrupted her and she looked up with a start. He met her surprise with a small smile, before inclining her head and allowing her to speak. He had to admit, he had never heard of the town she named, but he wasn't surprised when she admitted that she came from a merchant family. There seemed to be a certain 'type' that were merchants and she fit the bill for him.

A difficult business to succeed in sometimes... The young leader commented, although it was amiable enough. The absent rub of her face appeared to be something of a thinking mechanism and Saul allowed her another moment to gather her thoughts. She admitted having many skills, but he was pleasantly surprised when she spoke of being someone a healer. He nodded, enthusiasm stretching his smile wide for a moment. I am a healer myself, perhaps we could learn a few things off of one another. He offered, tail swinging back and forth quietly behind him. He was always pleased when she revealed her skill in caring for livestock, and owning up to the animals she had with her. They will be most welcome- we have little livestock at the moment but we hope to have some soon. He said, accepting these skills like gifts.

He nodded softly as she reminded him of the basic skills most had. He considered for a moment before allowing another smile on his lips. I think you'll fit in just fine here Luella. He said softly, before taking a breath. It was always a pleasure to help another out, and accepting them into Vinátta was advantageous to all parties. He glanced back at her, before speaking. Would you mind following me to Jordheim? I have something for you. He said, a mischevious grin etching onto his lips. It took them only a few moments to reach the houses hidden in the trees, and another moment for Saul to retrieve what he was looking for.

Welcome to Vinátta Luella, please feel free to choose a house to live in. He said, before pressing the bundle of fur into her arms. The larger deer skin contained a fox pelt and a rabbit pelt, a hunting knife and a smaller dagger, as well as a bottle of wine and the customary Frithr necklace that they all wore. With a smile, he allowed her to look around, hoping she would like it here.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Vinátta!

Joining a new pack can be nerve-wracking! Here are few tips and tricks to get you started. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

• Our information portal is a good place to get familiar with our ranks and pack game!
  • Why not get to know your new pack mates by creating an AW thread?
  • Would you like your character to feature on our member page ? Contact us with the information we require, and we’ll have you up there ASAP!
  • Don't forget to look over our ranks page and take note of how to rise in the ranks (shown in the side bar).
  • Our pack’s core values are based off Norse mythology, you might want to take a look at our website’s culture page to better inform yourself and avoid any confusion!

Any additional concerns can always be directed to Honey & Jessica via the OOC account here! Looking forward to RPing with you!

[/html]