[J] Walk a little up the road
ooc: Ooh sounds fun! I'll reply as quick as I can. Big Grin

Luella smiled at him and gave a little bow of her head at his acknowledgement, carefully replacing her hat as even in the shade the sun on her fur burned. He tried to explain his pack, and Luella frowned thoughtfully. She'd never heard of the Norse Gods; or any gods at all, really. Her own beliefs wavered between whatever sounded good at the time, and she was prone to compiling her own collection of gods with each new religion she was introduced to. You could never have too many people to pray to, she thought.

Saul mentioned they were industrious, and her expression brightened into a pleased grin. She could work well with productive people; she was no lay-about, herself. And if they were open to new members, Ella was certain she'd be able to bring something of her own to the table. Her minuscule tail wiggled a bit at the thought, swaying her hips just a bit before she stopped.

His questions startled her a bit, she was so far off in dreamland, but she answered quickly. "I come from a town southwest of here, called Charca. My parents are there, and my siblings are wandering the world, as I am," She rubbed at her nose with the side of her paw nervously, a swift grin crossing her face. "We're a merchant family, trying to expand the family business," She added.

The wolf questioned her skills, and Ella rubbed at her face again, thoughtfully. "Well, I've dabbled in quite a few trades by now," She said with a shrug, "But I have a pretty good grasp on herbal medicines, and I can bandage and splint pretty well." Luella paused there, to consider what else might be useful, and added, "I can care for livestock. I've a goat and two sheep with me now, just up the way, aside from Windle here and Darkness, my horse. And I've some skill in fishing, particularly with shell fish."

Was that everything? Probably not. He could infer that she knew the trading business by her remark about her family--at least, she assumed it would be redundant to point that out to him--and all her other skills were off-hand, simply things she'd picked up along the road. "I think that's everything that's useful," She mused, "Though I know I'm leaving some things out. Self-defense, hunting, navigating...those are all pretty basic, right?"

Messages In This Thread