collage of broken words
[html]

(476) Fade to black with your reply maybe, darling? I want a more recent thread ;>>

Colibri was set in her ways - there would be no swaying of her opinions anytime soon, this she knew and understood. It was dangerous for the Soulstorm heir to tread such ground in the first place; she was very badly placed to offer insight and comfort on past memories - they had morphed into nightmares and they would haunt her eldest sibling now and forever. Lilin refrained from commenting further, not wanting to come off as a hypocrite. Up until now, she hadn't known the extent of their sire's madness - what he'd done, the pain he'd inflicted on his own family. Up until this day, knowing that Haku Soul had been disliked by the public had pleased her in a way: his ruthlessness had meant strength and leadership, qualities she indeed sought to have within her immediate bloodline.

She, however, couldn't withstand seeing the frail woman before her. She was flesh and blood. Over the last several months, Lilin had acquired a vague sense of pride when it came to family - it had started with Barrett and blossomed into something bigger with Saul and the rest of their family's arrival. She knew very little about Colibri but her demeanor indicated that she had not deserved such despicable abuse; especially not at the hands of the madman they called father. The dichotomous female merely nodded once more, mediterranean orbs riveted to the ground as her half-sibling explained that she had no intentions of running with a pack. Perhaps Lili's disappointment was unjustified, seeing as she officially had no pack to call her own either but at least she had a place to call home - that alone was a comforting notion. Colibri, on the other hand, was alone and at the mercy of danger. ''I understand. My cousins and I - we set up camp by the Moonstone Lakes. Maybe you can drop in sometime,'' she suggested with a shrug of her shoulders, not wanting to pressure the older woman into doing something she might not want to do.

Lilin was sure her invitation would signify the end of their encounter when her newfound relative's plan perturbed their conversation. Blue irises remained plastered to Colibri's face throughout the whole shifting process, awe catapulting her into a stunned state of mind. Her feet remained planted firmly in place as she wordlessly examined the new entity standing before her; bulky and threatening, the exact opposite of what her sibling appeared to be on the inside. Lilin often resorted to the same stoic, emotionless expression in times of vulnerability. This time, however, she allowed unabashed compassion to guide her forward; close enough to reach out, in hopes of gently running her fingers through her sibling's thick, unruly mane. Her touch would hopefully be interpreted adequately and provide well-needed comfort. ''Thank you,'' she murmured finally, genuinely grateful for this opportunity.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread