A thousand words
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Xeris, too, was interested by the fact that she had so many things in common with Faler. So they had both had problems with their fathers, who were both leaders of packs far away... It was truly amazing what strange connections there were in the world, she thought. She was about to comment on this fact when Faler asked what a Luperci was. It was then that the white wolf realized that her new friend was a normal wolf, just like she herself had once been.

"Oh, so you're not a Luperci," Xeris said in realization. "That's okay, I wasn't born as one either." She moved her body a little into a more upright position in preparation for what she was about to show Faler. "A Luperci has the ability to change his or her body structure into a more humanoid form, called the optime form..." The white wolf's body suddenly began to change; she could feel her spine realigning and her weight shifting to her legs as she transformed. "...and a bulkier, more muscular form, called the secui form." Xeris was a bit hesitant to shift into her halfling form, as the last time she'd done that had been for fighting, but she did so anyway. First she shrunk back to a quadrupedal form, then the mane on her back thickened and her body got bigger and more muscular. "But you can always remain in lupus form, too." And with that, she shifted again, and returned slowly to her normal, skinny frame. "If you're not born as a Luperci, you get it from...well, transfer of bodily fluids, really. I became a Luperci after a fight with one. But there's...other ways, too."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread