bloodletting the sun
[html]
http://www.digital-bonsai.com/katew/tem ... etable.jpg); background-color:#082A3E; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:15px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:312px;">
these two remind me of me and my dad. Smile 300 +

He was extraordinarily nervous to see her reaction, and he only realized this when her gaze upon the purple kite became skeptical. He felt his chest burn the slightest bit, and surreptitiously bit his lip as his pretty chocolate furred daughter examined it. Perhaps she would think his idea stupid. Maybe she wanted nothing to do with this colorful human object, something likely extremely oblique to her in nature. But after a few painful seconds, she reassured him that she wanted to try flying the kite, to which he grinned both with relief and renewed excitement. Great! he returned softly. All you do is run into the wind, and the kite flies into the air. Then you... kind of steer it using the string. You can make it do, um, tricks, and things. He paused, then shook his head. He was making it sound like some sort of creature. But I want to show you what else I got you, first.

Kansas looked away from her, and reached into his bag. He rooted around until he found the inner compartment that held the gift. For a moment he fumbled, trying to enclose the entire object in his hand. His long fingers eventually wrapped around the little necklace, but he peaked inside his satchel to make sure it was completely hidden. Grinning, butterflies in his stomach because he wasn't sure if she'd like it, Kansas held his fist out to her, palm up. A few seconds passed, and then he opened his hand. The necklace lay there, a little tangled—but the charms glimmered pale in the sunlight. He knew how much his baby adored butterflies. And she was so much like a butterfly herself, with her unassuming, quiet nature. He'd thought the necklace would suit her. Hopefully she felt the same. D-do you like it?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread