like oil and water
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

The hybrid woman was curious to know more of what Rikka had experienced in her lifetime away from home, but Kaena was eager to get deeper into the coyote territory first. They were nearly at the caves now; the hybrid could hear the call of the shore and see the rocky beginnings of Inferni's central hub. It was a a disappointment the caves were not further away from the ocean. Some of them were uninhabitable thanks to their low elevation and proximity to the water, but Kaena was happier close to the water anyway. She was glad Gabriel had not selected landlocked territory for Inferni to inhabit.

Rikka's words were rather heartwarming to the silver-furred Centurion, who glanced in happy surprise in her daughter's direction, smiling at the younger hybrid. "Of course. I'm too glad you remember where you came from," the hybrid said. She did not think Rikka (or any of them, really) were capable of forgetting entirely, but it was easy to push pieces of the past out of your head, easier still to bury them entirely.

The hybrid nodded in agreement. She had found Aquilaship pleasurable yet taxing. The knowledge that she held the life of the clan in her hand was at once empowering and terrifying. "Gabriel handles it well," she commented. "I like where I'm at, too," the hybrid added with a smirk. It was appropriate, after all, that Kaena Lykoi would end up exactly where she started in Inferni.

The tawny-furred hybrid spoke once more, revealing a part of Rikka and Gabriel's history she was relatively unaware of. The hybrid frowned and glanced toward her golden-eyed daughter, tilting her head to the side inquisitively. As far as Kaena knew, Rikka and Gabriel had always gotten along just fine; it was Samael and Gabriel who had problems when they were both younger. "He's changed quite a bit from who he was in youth, I think," the coyote said.

"Just Mason, he's our youngest. Lucky boy to have survived so long on his own—he came to us when he was three months old, I think. Was on his own almost a month," the hybrid explained, shaking her head. It was a marvel the child had made it in the open wilderness on his own. "How about you?" the hybrid asked, eager to figure out if she had any new grandchildren running around.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread