Stars & Symmetry
[html]

Aro seemed to lose his confidence when he saw her, although why that should be Nayru didn’t know. He had sounded so boisterous when asking her what kind of noises she would have liked to hear, although the joke was lost on innocent Nayru, but when they came face to face he fumbled with his speech. That his reactions might have been caused by her presence never crossed the girl’s mind, and she simply thought his stammering a normal part of his personality. Nayru however brought no attention to the fact that she noticed, ever polite, and simply smiled at the older boy, her cherry eyes taking in more details as they grew accustomed to the lighting and the outline of the Dreamer. Now that Nayru could see clearly she was calm and confident again, he was only a youth like herself, and he seemed friendly enough at that. Nayru could see now that his eyes were a pale blue color, not as dark and rich as Gideon’s but a pleasant color none the less.

"Oh, I didn’t mean to come so far south, but I caught the scent of a bear and wanted to avoid it." The bear had truly disrupted her evening plans. Although she probably could have snuck by undetected by the creature Nayru valued her life more than that, and if a few extra miles of walking meant avoiding the large beast she wouldn’t risk a run in. Perhaps she had too far out of her way, more than had been necessary, but Nayru had thought she’d make better time than she had. "I was trying to get home." Would he think her silly for such poor planning? Nayru decided she wouldn’t worry about that, once older and more experienced with the land and herself it wouldn’t matter what time of night she wanted to travel and getting caught up outside of her home wouldn’t be an issue. "I’m from Dahlia de Mai." And it was still so far away and she was still here, but Nayru minded that less now that she had someone to talk with, as if whatever had set her on edge before was dispelled with the presence of another.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread