Stars & Symmetry
[html]

Nayru let all the questions come before she paused to consider them. He asked both of her family and if she had ever considered a traveling companion. As they walked on she kept silent for a moment, letting her answers roll around in her head before she allowed them to roll out of her mouth. Was it strange not to have parents? Would he ask her further questions then? Her lack of family never bothered her, so loved did the black and white girl feel by most of Dahlia de Mai’s members, but neither did she want to explain that she had just wandered off one day. She had left them, following another woman, or perhaps she had been a dream, Nayru didn’t know, and ended up in Dahlia de Mai. They were family now, more perhaps than the memory of her parents and sisters, and a small smile spread as she realized this. " Conor and Bris don’t mind, they trust me. They however might not be pleased I am out so late, but I stayed overnight in Aniwaya and they never scolded me for it." Yet Conor and Bris never scolded her on anything, only offered gentle suggestions on what better she could do if they felt her actions were not proper. And at times they never even knew of her actions, had either of them checked her bedroom that night? Had they this night?

Nayru let Conor and Bris slip from her mind as she thought over his second inquiry. Instead of sorting it out in her mind first, Nayru’s gentle voice filled the sleepy forest, a low whisper fitting for the late hours. " I’ve never traveled with anyone else before. Sometimes in Dahlia de Mai I would explore with my friend Gideon, but he never leaves the pack lands." And then his next words hit her and she felt herself flush for the first time. Before she hadn’t thought much on his interest in her life, but his request to see her again struck her. Why it should be any different than her friendship with Liliana in Aniwaya Nayru could not say, but it was. Still, she could not think of a reason to deny Aro his request. " I will, and you can." It was simple, she had shown others around Dahlia de Mai before and she enjoyed it greatly, and she liked to tour the other packs, so why not? It was how things were done, and then it struck Nayru. Of course she would have to offer him shelter for the remainder of the night and early morning hours, it was only polite. " You can stay in Dahlia de Mai tonight if you’d like, unless you want to hurry home." He did after all have parents who would worry, but she doubted very much if his parents were as protective as he indicated that they would like their son wandering home from so far away alone. Still, he like her was almost an adult, and Nayru would let him choose as he would, as she did for herself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread