And A Ember Is Lit, Within {J}
[html]

Just wondering—in your original post, you mentioned her as being 75% wolf, 15% coyote—you did mean 25% coyote, right? ^^;; I just assumed because that'd only be 90% of a canine! XD I just wanted to make sure you didn't mean 85% wolf, 15% coyote, 'cause then Heidi couldn't join Inferni... :/

Though in truth this woman looked little like her Jael, the silver-shaded coyote could not help but draw the comparison; a wolfish and white-coated canine seeking to be amongst the coyotes. Kaena did not care much for percentages; what mattered to the scarred canine was the lifestyle chosen by the canine in question. Kaena herself was of muddled and mixed blood, but she had chosen the life of a coyote, and so she was a coyote. Had she lived amongst wolves, had she been able to stomach such a thing—well, she wouldn't be very much of a coyote then, would she?

There was subtle submission from this woman, and though the scarred Centurion did not demand such wolfish signs of respect, her own Canis lupus crowed at it, soaking up the pleasure and praise as if it were sunlight. “Well, there are a lot of wolf packs around here, but this is a coyote clan,” the coyote explained, her sharp golden eye looking toward the other canine. Her face was still motionless, carved from stone and chipped, gouged with age. “This is Inferni, I am Kaena Lykoi, the subleader of the clan,” she added, introducing herself and this place more formally. The pallid canine had already taken initiative and offered her skills and sufficiency; the hybrid woman noted this with a very faint smile. “What skills do you have?” she queried, the next logical step in the process.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing:.5px;
word-spacing:2px;
text-align: justify;
margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext .ooc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; }