And A Ember Is Lit, Within {J}
[html]

Word Count :: 302 No problem at all! Big Grin I'm absolutely horrible with numbers myself, so I can see how such a mistake would be made, for sure! Also, no problem. XD A day isn't even a long time. <3 I'm going to accept you now so you can post elsewhere, but if you want to continue this thread a few more posts, I can have Kae explain bits of Inferni to Heidi. ^_^ Up to you! If not, we can always just wrap this one up here. Big Grin Welcome to 'Souls! <3

The silver-shaded coyote knew what a precarious position Inferni held. They had fought very hard for a long time for their recognition as a legitimate group—when the clan had first been founded, the wolves had flat-out refused to recognize their borders. Coyotes can't claim land like us, they said, strolling easily across Inferni's borders, onto Inferni's territory. Though now most of the other packs' alphas saw their leadership and territory legitimately, there were still individuals who believed the coyotes' claims to land, leadership, legitimacy were improper and false. Perhaps there always would be.

At the pallid woman's words, a toothy and soulless smile appeared on her scarred muzzle; in those words, she saw herself reflected a thousand times over. “Then you will fit in very well here,” the hybrid said, the ghost of that smile still lingering on her lips, though it had mostly disappaited by now. There was just one wolf good enough to run with them—the scarred woman had a very high opinion of Lucia Cabriel, and she understood what had transpired between the shadow-coated woman and Snake. “Well, I would say then there's no reason to let you slip away,” the hybrid responded. With herself mostly out of commission, the coyote clan could use as much extra muscle as they possibly could handle.

“Welcome to Inferni, then,” she said, beckoning the pale canine forward and onto the coyote clan's land for the first time. “For now, you'll have the rank of Tirones, which is subordinate. With your skills, though, you'll probably find it best to pursue the Bellum ranks—Equites, Hastati, Hydra, Triarii. They're all warrior ranks,” the coyote explained. She did not wish to innundate the woman with too much information at once, so here she paused, waiting for questions or comments from Inferni's newest member.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing:.5px;
word-spacing:2px;
text-align: justify;
margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext .ooc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; }