M - a shifting tide
[html]

WC: 360

Kesho Maisha

Kesho had been quite relaxed, laying there on his back, gazing up at the rapidly blackening sky. He certainly wasn't concerned with who might've seen him, although when the time came and he realized that he might not be alone, this thought changed. You look like an idiot, Kesho, get the fuck up!, snorted that other voice deep inside his head. He shook this thought away, attempting to remain indifferent as possible. Soon, though, he had company. The rusty coyote watched, upside-down, as the other male approached him slowly. Hearing his derisive chortle, Kesho immediately flipped himself back upright, top half of his body now quite wet. Shaking off this moisture lightly, so as not to share it with this new acquaintance, he stepped out of the water and into the cool sand. Nodding to the ragged male, he threw a sheepish look across his features, feeling slightly foolish now that he realized he actually had been seen.

"Ah, don't mind me...I was just a bit lost there for a moment-- in reminiscence, you know." He hoped that this beast wouldn't fault him for his strange ways. "We haven't met; I'm Kesho." Simple.

He didn't know this canine, and though his intentions didn't seem foul, one could never be sure. The elder coyote retained a sense of alertness as his ember eyes raked over his companion's physique. He was lean, but muscular; they were similarly built. This beast seemed to carry a more urgent sense of demonic power than Kesho had at his disposal; although, it was true, if he really needed it, it was just below the surface. I'm here, dog. Don't forget about me..., the other snarled, as if in opposition to any thought of his absence. Once again Kesho ignored these thoughts, feeling the necessity to be present in reality. It wouldn't do to meet someone new and have his head clouded and twisted with such thoughts, distracting him from making friends, or at least acquaintances. It was time that the old man had a real companion. Maybe he would find it in this dark creature; somehow, he was entirely unsure of this dog's intentions.

<style>
.kesho-spiralstair p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kesho-spiralstair b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.kesho-spiralstair-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.kesho-spiralstair-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kesho-spiralstair-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2.png); height:211px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#EBDCBB;}
.kesho-spiralstair-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.kesho-spiralstair {background-color:#CAB482; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2bg.gif); padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EBDCBB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#766236; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread