M - a shifting tide
341. He tries! :B And he'll probably actually start talking in the next post. YOU CAN DO IT, KESHO!
[html]

Hybrid glanced away, wondering if he could leave. Luckily, his curiosity had not intervened and he still maintained his desire to abandon dialogue with the male. Unfortunately, the other canine either did not know this or did not care. Although, Hybrid had not been very forthright in his annoyance – sure, he had grumbled and grunted a bit and rolled his eyes, but he had been the one to approach the coyote in the first place. He assumed that the coyote had taken his initial interest as continued interest and sought to prolong the encounter. He really wished the coyote had not.

Hybrid flicked his ear as the male spoke, frowning slightly as he listened. He nodded slowly in response and then paused for a moment to wait. Sure enough, the coyote continued to speak, this time questioning him about the fire. He blinked in response, not really feeling up to telling a story. Of course, this was not surprising: he never felt like telling a story, not unless there were extreme circumstances. For instance, when he siblings and cousins had arrived, he had sought to teach them the ways of Inferni and how to fight. Of course, his efforts had been in vain, as they had eventually all disappeared. He had since acknowledged that it was easier to train himself than others, especially when they did not stick around.

He supposed that was why he did not invest a lot of time or effort into conversations. He knew in the end, it wasn’t worth it.

I wonder if you have that story… or any stories. I left here, apparently shortly before it happened. I just want to know why. Hybrid made a noncommittal noise and then shrugged.

“It got burned down,” he replied. He shrugged again. He didn’t have any answers. “It got burned down and we left. Don’t know why. We were the only to survive,” he added, referring to the wolf packs that had all disbanded in the confusion. He smirked; sometimes it felt good being so damn self-righteous.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread