M - a shifting tide
[html]

Wooo~ WC: 507

Kesho had no ulterior motives in place for gathering information about Gabriel; he was simply curious. True, it was difficult for him to grasp the concept of a even a wolf-looking creature leading this beloved coyote clan-- He's hideous, Kesho. Don't trust him! screamed the voice in his head. Kesho tried hard to ignore it. Everything had changed. He needed to accept that, and move on. They were still strong, very strong. Perhaps even more than before, and their leader had seemed to be worthy. Though the old coyote had yet to have this proven to him by his own scale, both Kaena and Hybrid trusted the man. Kaena's word, to Kesho, was near law. And Hybrid's mannerisms and demeanor caused Kesho's trust of the beast to increase; Hybrid had visions similar to his. Such had been uncommon to see, since Kesho's return.

“Gabriel eh, well I’ve known him for two years. Maybe more. I can’t remember. I came across the mountain with ‘m after the fire. He’s led us ever since. He’s pretty solid. Doesn’t say much, but he doesn’t need to. He knows how to play his different roles in the clan.” Hybrid spoke his praise for Gabriel.

The man's words sunk into Kesho, and he absorbed them slowly. Gabriel had led them since the fire, brought them through the disaster that could have torn the clan fully apart. For that, at least, Kesho was thankful. Hybrid's praise for Gabriel was not overly exalting, but it was enough to sate Kesho's desire for information, for now. He would need to see the Aquila in action before his trust could be sealed. He chose not to display this sense of mistrust outwardly; any faltering in his loyalty could prove disastrous. And really, his heart clung to this place as a child might cling to it's mother. Physically and mentally, his ties were bound here, and would be forever. If the leadership were to become corrupt, however, that might be a different story...

"I see." he stated simply, slight interest emphasizing his words. "I believe he's capable. I'm just stuck in the past," he admitted, with a bit of a defeated expression. "It's hard to come back to a place you once loved to find out that all you knew is different now. I'm...working on accepting it." he spoke with a hint of regret, for the past, for his time in between. He should have just stayed.

Kesho felt that Hybrid was trustworthy enough to share his emotions, his doubts and insecurities. He hoped he would not be disproven. The older man hoped that this one might become a friend, or at least, a companion. Someone that understood, that could relate. Kesho could count those close to him on one hand, and at his age, he felt that should change. Everything should change.

<style type="text/css">
.kesholeafwall b {font-weight:bold; color:#241204; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kesholeafwall .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kesholeafwall p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kesholeafwall {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#8c7760; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Kesho_Leafwall_3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #36200f; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c8b8a1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #52483e;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread