smile that way
[html]

680 words. It's too bad that Shiloh's character hardly knows anything of Drey. XD

Not only did the two females in the Dampwoods that day look different, but inwardly they seemed very much unrelated. One was a nature loving, free for all persona, who had an airy tone and a peaceful demeanor. The other was a pristine princess, nearly feeling like the world revolved around her, and everything had to go her way - perfect. And yet Shiloh felt drawn to this female, possibly because she had very little female interaction in her young life. The mother of the four Stormbringer children passed before she could make a real impact in her childrens' life, and the closest Shiloh really had was her aunt. But Bris was busy becoming a mother, and so Shiloh did not bother her all that much since she returned to Dahlia.

So why did the white damsel find this female, almost her complete opposite in manners and beliefs, so intriguing? Cerulean eyes gleamed over with these thoughts, unable to explain why the airy attitude of the coyote drew her in. If only the Dawnbringer female knew of the phrase "opposites attract", everything would have made perfect sense. She focused on the coyote in front of her, having plenty of questions to ask, but she wasn't going to be rude and un-lady-like and start blurting everything that came to mind.

The hand underneath her own felt light, and as she walked side by side with the coyote, she scented the earth and the air in her fur. They were closely matched in height, Shi noticed, as the darker colored female seemed to know her way through the forest. Like a mother bird who flew far from her nest, to find food for her young, still able to make her way past all the similar looking trees to where she needed to be. That is what China was doing now, leading the young damsel to somewhere she may or may not know. Little did Shiloh know about the earth's children, who regarded the forest in a different light.

Several shades of light filtered through the trees, and Shiloh subconsciously focused her bright blue eyes to her elegant feet, to be sure she knew where they was walking. Her muzzle pointed upwards toward the female at her side, suddenly focusing on thoughts of her father instead of where they were heading. "Oh," the white female said quietly, almost surprised that this coyote, nearly a stranger, was interested in her past. She took a deep breath, and began to speak, mottled light playing over her form. "Dreyrugr, he lives in Inferni. I was there with him not long ago, before I returned to Dahlia." She turned her gaze away from the female for a moment, as if she was choosing her words carefully. "My brothers were with us, too, for a while, but they all made their way back sooner.." And then, a small giggle bubbled in her perfectly white throat. "Guess I'm daddy's little girl," she said, bright eyes looking at the ebony coyote beside her.

The chirping of birds seemed to fade away further into the skies, and Shiloh turned her head upwards. A fluttering of several butterflies now came into view of the two females, several different shapes, sizes, and colors adorning the air. Shiloh's lips parted for a moment, taking in the serene scene, watching as more and more seemed to emerged from out of nowhere. Looking over again to the nature loving coyote, Shi looked surprised, as if shocked that she hadn't finished answering the other. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot.. but when you said Inferni, I--" Shiloh's throat closed up then, and she turned her eyes away from the Lykoi girl. "I just miss him," she said quietly into the air, eyes flickering back to the butterflies. "They're beautiful," Shiloh commented, not having seen so many of the insects in one place before. They may have been insects with large eyes and little crawly feet, but from a distance they were gorgeous, with several patterns and colors that painted their wings.

<style>
.shilohlily .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shilohlily p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shilohlily b {color:#e493bb; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.shilohlily {background-image:url(http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7049/s ... ytable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-color: #6c5042; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #42272a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ececec; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #3a2b32; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:368px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread