School's in session
[html]3+

He was unsure of who exactly the young woman on the couch was, but his eyes remained on her for a brief moment before he looked to Ayita while she subtly reprimanded her children. A pang of envy bubbled up in his chest as he surveyed them, hiding the vague depression behind a neutral face. He missed his mother, but he hadn't seen her since he was very young. The family that had replaced her and his siblings had been a good one. Vigilante and Ayita were kind, and he felt welcome in the home he had been a part of. It didn't make the change of new children easier, knowing he was welcome.

She spoke to him quicker than he expected, startling the young man. He almost toppled over, grabbing the frame of the door to ensure he didn't. He was still ever so shy about his clumsiness, something that hadn't gone away in the days after his new found transformation. It was easier to maneuver, but he still tripped over his own feet; just that morning, he had been running before he tripped, sending him sprawling into the snow. Some still clung to his russet fur.

He tried to offer the woman a smile, a small one that preceded his response: "I've just been busy, I guess." It was a horrible excuse, but he couldn't bring himself to talk about the insecurity he had been feeling. It was too personal. His smile widened as she acquiesced to his request, stating that she could teach him. The boys were told to go read to Amaranth, the woman who lounged on the couch.

"What do you want to learn, Kam?"

He hesitated, stepping further into the room. "Everything, I guess. There are a lot of words, aren't there?" He had tried, and managed to read smaller groupings of letters, but anything more than four became a challenge. With Ayita's help, he hoped to figure it out.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread