School's in session
By meghann

[html]

ooc text. Open to anyone in the mood to take a reading lesson

Ayita had found herself fitting right back into the role of being a parent and she wasn't sure what was up with her daughter Amaranth. She found the purple eyed girl staring at her from the couch where she sat. She couldn't seem to figure out what she was doing here anyhow. She knew how to read for the most part. She was also mostly fluent in french now. Why she was here at a lesson for her two brothers she had no idea. Though she did welcome anyone.

"Alright boys the sound A makes is aah ay depending on how you look at it." She said smiling looking at them she knew they could get it this was just review anyhow they were already saying the various sounds that they could they only had trouble with S and F in certain spots.

Mama we already know what A sounds like ahhh or ay. Can't we learn funner stuff." Noah said as he was always the first to lead. She could see how different the boys were. "Mama can we read one of those baby books?" Liam chirped sitting up straight. "I Think I can read the small wrods all by myself." He said

"Words darling not Wrods" Ayita corrected. She stood from her spot and grabbed a five page book about shapes and a eight page book about the rainbow.

"Alright boys who wants to read what book first." She asked smiling.

[/html]
[html]
3+

The presence of the new pups had left Kambujiya in low spirits, rarely venturing from his room when possible or staying far from the home he had grown up in the past several months. Jealousy was overcome by sheer loneliness, spending his days near the ocean or walking past the uninhabited cottage where he met Arnette. Days seemed longer. It was one such day for the russet male as he approached the home, returning from a salt-spray laden visit to the coast.

Since the change, he rarely pursued time in his four-legged form, preferring the less clumsy bipedal version of himself; he didn't trip nearly as often, which lead to far less moments of embarrassment. One thing he found distasteful was the longer scruff of fur that often cluttered his vision. With a grunt, he pushed open the door to his destination, trying valiantly to comb the long ginger strands out of his face with a grumbling mutter.

The voices from the sitting room caught his attention, hearing not only miss Ayita's, but the voices of the two new boys. Sullen, he was prepared to simply go to his bedroom, however the talk of books and reading drew his attention to where they gathered. He had tried to practice, but reading was difficult and his grasp on letters was not well-formed; perhaps Ayita could show him if she was teaching others.

His feet carried him into the room, glancing about in shy curiosity at the woman and her daughter, and the two younger boys who were so eager to get their paws on the books. Unable to truly enter, his comfort failing him, he stood and watched in silence, tapping a finger against the wooden doorframe after a moment's pause.

Kambujiya's fear subsided slowly and he cleared his throat, stepping further into the room. "M-maybe I can learn?" he asked, speaking in a hushed tone so as not to startle others.

[/html]
By meghann

[html]

ooc text. Open to anyone in the mood to take a reading lesson

Ayita had found her attention caught up on the boys not even remembering her daughter who sat on the couch reading a book. She was glad she was here why she still didn't know but she was sitting there non the less. Ayita smiled. as her first son struggled to beat the younger for her attention. "Settle down now ok Liam you first this time Noah you get to choose which book you want though." She tried to be a fair mother she tried to show them right from wrong.

"Oh Ok Mama" Liam said smiling. "I want the book on the left." Noah snorted. Ayita laughed as she turned her head.

"Kam welcome home have you been hiding from me I haven't seen you lately." She said smiling. "Sure thing I'd love to teach you. Boys go read to amaranth." she said tossing the books onto the couch."Since your going to be here help your brothers learn." She said startling Amaranth. "What do you want to learn Kam."

[/html]
[html]3+

He was unsure of who exactly the young woman on the couch was, but his eyes remained on her for a brief moment before he looked to Ayita while she subtly reprimanded her children. A pang of envy bubbled up in his chest as he surveyed them, hiding the vague depression behind a neutral face. He missed his mother, but he hadn't seen her since he was very young. The family that had replaced her and his siblings had been a good one. Vigilante and Ayita were kind, and he felt welcome in the home he had been a part of. It didn't make the change of new children easier, knowing he was welcome.

She spoke to him quicker than he expected, startling the young man. He almost toppled over, grabbing the frame of the door to ensure he didn't. He was still ever so shy about his clumsiness, something that hadn't gone away in the days after his new found transformation. It was easier to maneuver, but he still tripped over his own feet; just that morning, he had been running before he tripped, sending him sprawling into the snow. Some still clung to his russet fur.

He tried to offer the woman a smile, a small one that preceded his response: "I've just been busy, I guess." It was a horrible excuse, but he couldn't bring himself to talk about the insecurity he had been feeling. It was too personal. His smile widened as she acquiesced to his request, stating that she could teach him. The boys were told to go read to Amaranth, the woman who lounged on the couch.

"What do you want to learn, Kam?"

He hesitated, stepping further into the room. "Everything, I guess. There are a lot of words, aren't there?" He had tried, and managed to read smaller groupings of letters, but anything more than four became a challenge. With Ayita's help, he hoped to figure it out.

[/html]