J - Wandering endlessly...
He didnt exactly know what to expect when he asked her where she came from. There was quite obviously a reason for her being here, all alone and with no place to stay. Either her parents were dead or they'd driven her out or they'd lost her. Or she'd lost them. It was most often that wolves who were separated from their familes for some reason or another sought another family stronghold to feel safe in once again. And the female in front of him was definitely looking for a safe place, even if it was just for the night. Memory cast him back to the two months he had spent on his own, trying desperately to find a place he deemed safe enough. More often than not he had slept in a bush or the exposed root of a large tree, eyes wide open for predators. He could not have felt more sorry for the little brown streaked animal in that moment. She spoke then and it was just as the timber male expected- lost and alone.

"I'm sorry you lost your family Nessie... I was lost once but I found Dahlia again."

He commented, hoping it didnt sound as though he was rubbing it in her face. He had found his family again, but maybe she never would? It was often the way of the world to leave the alone and test them to find a new place to live, a new family to fit in to. Saul often found Dahlia's extended members family to him and he would protect them with a fierceness that he often felt. His mind cast him an image of a white furred golden eyed female who had agreed to live with him and his heart flipped in an odd manner. Feeling a little disconcerted he didnt notice the silence after his question. As she spoke once more he gave a soft smile.

"Its not a problem Nessie. You want to join Dahlia eh? Well perhaps you would give me a few skills that might benefit Dahlia because of you?"

He asked, well aware that he was going to accept her regardless of what she knew. He had been accepted back into Dahlia, starving and pretty much useless. It was their job to help others and he knew that this female needed a lot of it. Still, it wouldnt hurt to ask, would it?

Messages In This Thread