a cloudy day
[html]

Aaaaand 10 days later, you have a reply! I'm so sorry about the wait hun.

He almost didnt catch the gasp that came from the females throat, although his ears were too good not to hear it. He had no idea what she was gasping about and tried not to let it go to his head. It wasnt often he elicited this kind of reaction from someone and he reminded himself firmly that she had a mate, and that it was more than likely a shocked response, nothing more. He grinned in return though, that lazy boy grin that had been with him for most of his life. Green eyes focussed on Arete as she stood in her stall, trying to support her injured leg. He was pleased he hadnt started proper training with her just yet, because it would set them back a bit. Of course, what was going to happen when she grew bigger and began really trying to get out. He was going to have to wean her off her attachment soon enough, although at the moment he was liking the attention he got from her. She was growing quickly and soon she would be out in the fields all the time, he doubted he would be able to catch up with her even if he wanted to. He turned as the female spoke and he nodded softly.

"Arete's been like that since I rescued her from the wild... A little attached."

He offered in return, turning as he saw her go for the medical supplied. He had his satchel with him, filled with the supplies that were becoming commonplace when he needed them quickly. Antiseptic wash and cream that he'd learnt how to make, bandages and clean swabs used to clean the wound straight off. He even had a small sowing kit for really dire times. The young male bent down to retrieve the bandage the female had placed on the floor as she introduced herself. He already had an idea of who she was but had yet been able to meet her. "Its nice to meet you Jace. I don't often see you around here." He commented, reaching down to stroke the foal's face. She asked another question then and Saul nodded softly. "Yeah, its what I do. She can't be that different to treating any of us. Although I could use your help, if you were willing?

He asked, knowing it would be very boring for her if all she had to do was sit around and wait for him to finish cleaning up. He gestured for her to enter the stall, pushing the foal gently back to make way. He began to get out the things he was going to need, before glancing back up at Jace. "Would you be able to hold her head and also her leg? I'm not going to be able to hold it and clean it at the same time! That would be a massive help." He said, crouching down to trace a thumb around the outside of the cut, assessing the damage. Luckily it was mostly a flesh wound, although the skin on the foal's shin was always thinner and closest to the bone. It would take only a few moments to clean her up and set her straight again.

<style>
.saul-d19 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-d19 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-d19 b {color:#D6ECF8; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-d19 {background-color:#728792; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1A2023; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; }
.saul-d19-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread