a conundrum [aw]
[html]

Thanks! I'm having so much fun playing him.

Her frown and quizzical echo made the boy’s rosy ears lower, but Terra gave enough pause that he found some semblance of hope in the silence. When she took a seat on the grass, he picked his ball back up and padded over to her, lifting one paw to rest it on her leg as he smiled around his toy.

Her sudden suggestion made his eyes widen. “Two leggas?” Skoll repeated, withdrawing his foreleg. He thought immediately of luperci, and his eyes fell to her legs before returning to her face. “Why dis’pear? Why—oh.” His tongue felt around in his mouth for a moment, and he put a foot on the ball to keep it from rolling back down into the burrow.

“You mean—’oooomans?” His mouth formed the word awkwardly. He’d only heard it in passing, but “humans” evoked the past tense to him, and he certainly hadn’t seen any around like he’d seen horses or birds. His ears perked up, and he stared at Terra as if she were the foundation of all knowledge. “They dis’pear?! I wanna know!” He wanted to know how, why, what they even were, anything she could possibly tell him. The humans or two-leggers were nothing but myths to him, but maybe he could get some answers for the questions he’d never asked.

Word Count → 221

<style type="text/css">
.puppyskoll b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff7d4; text-shadow:#775700 0px 0px 1px;}
.puppyskoll p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.puppyskoll {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfa66a; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/fm3t36.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f7030; padding: 400px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f7030; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.puppyskoll .wordcount {color:#775700; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:2px dashed #775700; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:15px 15px 15px 15px; text-align:center;}
.puppyskoll .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#775700;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread