no need to say goodbye [j]
[html]

Thank you Nayru. The girl nodded and cradled the two living things to her, Kahlo now quiet that she was once again inside the familiar warmth of the den and Saul's son still squirming with discontent. The child instinctively had begun burrowing into Nayru, searching for something Kahlo was already full of, but Nayru hesitated and held back. Holding the two reminded her that she had lost one, and though it was not uncommon for not all to make it through the litter Salvador's death hung heavy on her heart from time to time. More so than the boy's actual death it was the woman's words that clung to her. Lilin. The dirt and oil toned woman, her split face sneering, had sensed death within Nayru's womb and warned her, before Pripyat had chased the crazed woman away. Had the woman truly known?

Nayru sighed and turned her eyes up to Saul. Sooner or later one of them would have to ask. How did this happen? Whose is it? And though she thought perhaps Saul would be the first—for she was still very tired and worn from the actual birthing—her too seemed weary and it was not Nayru's way to beat around the bush. Simply she passed her daughter off near Saul, settling the girl to sleep near the man while clinging still to his son, and peering down into the boy's face as she spoke. "Her name is Kahlo. Kahlo Lykoi." Surely the man would recognize the surname of their Seiryu, and if not, Kahlo's features were not entirely wolf like. "She came to me at Samhain." Nayru did not wish to admit she remembered very little of this, and that she had wandered for weeks ill and vomiting until it was Razekiel himself that had revealed the life growing within her. How naive the Jiryu had been.

"I couldn't stay in Cerne Rise after Gideon and I fell apart. I'm sorry for that." She had been the first to leave, to start the slow trickle that turned to flood as each and every soul fled from the apartment complex. "I hadn't anywhere to live and the pregnancy—and birth—were both very hard on me so X'ryin and Saluce took me in. I still am too weak to move around much." Nayru cringed at the memory of the two children, such helpless creatures in themselves but so large compared to her own thin, tiny frame—their bodies trying to rip their own mother in half in had seemed.

Ruby eyes found Saul's emerald ones and lingered there, her head tilted as if to say Now then, any questions? before turning her attention back to the boy in her arm. Kahlo settled into an easy sleep and the boy continued to whine and search for something Nayru withheld. This was not her son, and it felt strange to have the hungry babe so close with her denying it, but she waited on a request Saul surely would speak soon enough. Simply she could not take his child over without his person. The bond that might grow between mother and foster child was not for her to decide, instead she only glance back up, thought of her own dead son and wondered if everything happened for a reason. "He seems hungry."

<style type="text/css">
.Nayru-icecherry b {font-weight:bold; color:#151C18; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Nayru-icecherry .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nayru-icecherry p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nayru-icecherry {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... cherry.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#620000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Nayru-icecherry {width:450px; border:2px solid #620000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread