no need to say goodbye [j]
[html]
POST DATED January 10th 2012

The little female in Nayru's arms quietened as they entered the den, lulled into sleep it seemed by a full belly and her mothers comforting arms. His son, on the other hand, was beginning to squeak with much more consistence. It was a relief, first of all, that his son had such a strong voice. He was neither sick nor weak and while it was vital he get some food into his son soon, Saul was a little less concerned that he would fall into illness. The stand off between the two of them was not uncomfortable- the two of them stared at each other for a long moment, both trying to figure out what was happening and who was going to break the silence first. It was Nayru it seemed as she shifted her own daughter in her arms, placing her gently on the floor close to Saul. Saul dipped his head down, black nose pressing against the girls fur once before Nayru spoke. Kahlo. He looked up, puzzled, as Nayru offered her last name. So Razekiel was the father?

"'Razekiel?" He commented, before casting a gaze at his own son. "His name is Temeraire Stormbringer." He said, his tone softening at the thought of his pup. He was unexpected, perhaps even unwanted, but holding the boy in his arms had cemented his overwhelming love for the new life. He would not have set him down against Nayru's body unless he thought that she was the best thing for him. And she was, that much was evident. Nayru continued to speak and Saul allowed his head to nod softly down. She had her reasons for leaving and he respected that. "I understand Nayru... But have you heard or seen anything of Melee and Range?" He asked, shuddering at the thought of Gideon's departure and the effect it must have had on his children.

Thoughts of Melee and Range were pushed from his head as his own son began nudging against Nayru. Saul looked towards his ruby eyed leader, puzzled. Perhaps she didnt want to just start feeding his son without his permission. As if to confirm, she stated that he was hungry. He nodded softly. "He hasn't fed in about thirty six hours. His mum left him with me- she won't be coming back. I know its a lot to ask, Nayru, but he needs you. More than he needs me at the moment." He stated, his voice touching on pleading. He desperately hoped that Nayru would be able to help them out of this situation. "She told me she knew she wouldn't be a good mother and gave him to me." He said, thinking back to only a few hours ago when Imari had caught up to him, looking haggard and exhausted. "It wasn't Siku..." He managed to whisper softly. Although Imari's intervention, and ultimate seduction, had helped him forget about Siku, that kind of heartbreak wasn't going to go away easily. He could however, concentrate on getting over her now that he knew she wasn't coming back.

"How long has Saluce been back?" He murmured, wondering by how much he'd missed his adopted father. And this X'yrin woman, whom shared this den. Saul thought back, so long ago, to Saluce and Layla and the disaster that had been their mateship. He hoped, for Saluce's sake, that this X'yrin woman was nothing like the black and white Dahlian. Wondering when they would be back, and therefore how long he and Nayru had to talk, Saul gave a soft sigh. "I found Gideon out there... He's not coming back any time soon." He offered, voice soft and filled with hurt. He hated that there was nothing he could do about this predicament.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba703 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba703 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread