no need to say goodbye [j]
[html]
We can finish up now darling <33

While it was clear that the young male had never been a father, he'd always had a strong paternal sense. Being the eldest of four, he'd always felt responsible for his siblings and the need to look after them had always been strong. The natural motion of curling Nayru's daughter up in his arm was something that he hadn't thought too much about- it was more an instinct to protect the weak and vulnerable. It was clear to him that her daughter was just over a week old, while Temeraire was approaching three weeks old, but the small age difference wouldnt matter. While Temeraire would be released from the den sooner than Kahlo, Saul was certain that it wouldnt matter to either pup. The gentle silence that had encapsulated both of them was a comfort to him- it reassured him that he didnt need to fill the silences with Nayru.

Nayru considered his previous words before her delicate voice confirmed the plans. It would take a little while to sort out a place to live, but Saul would take on that responsibility. Green eyes were intent on the little boy in Nayru's arms, his own blue eyes drooping before a yawn opened his mouth wide. Saul gave a soft smile, before looking back up towards Nayru. "I'll have a look around tomorrow and see if there's anywhere suitable around here to start digging." He said softly, his tongue lapping out to run over his muzzle softly. He knew he had a few things more to do tonight before he would be able to rest and go to sleep. Stretching his body out behind him, Saul shuffled softly before gently lifting Kahlo and placing her into near Nayru once more.

"I've got a couple of things to sort out with Hermes and then I'll be back. Thank you again Nayru." He spoke sincerely, leaning forward to place a kiss on his sons head before moving back in the cramped space. He knew without a doubt that he was going to be building their own den a little bigger than this. He thought perhaps of digging into the side of a hill- it would give them more room to breath at least. He moved out of the den, shaking away the small amount of dirt accumulated on his fur as he'd exited the den. He moved away from the den, enjoying the feel of the air on his face. His heart lifted and he could feel the beginnings of a smile tugging at his lips.

-exit saul-

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba703 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba703 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread