whittling away the world
[html]
<33

The comforting sound of the knife working over the wood in Saul's hand acted as a numbing agent to the male. His ears tuned in only to the sound of the swish of metal over wood, the soft patter as tiny chunks hit his lap and the occasional pause in this routine as he carelessly brushed the gathering pile of crumbs away from him. It was so easy to get lost in the work, like doodling on a scrap of paper, it was very easy for the male to switch off the rational parts of his brain and allow the creative aspects of his mind to take over. Green eyes grew slightly unfocused as he gazed down at his working hands, pausing every now and then to look into the clearing around him. Nayru and the children were below and while Saul hadn't specified that he was out here to 'keep watch', the intent was clear.

He was not, however, so far into his work that he didnt notice the hard paws on the ground. From the sound of it, Saul could tell that it was a puppy who made these steps and one who was not so sure of themselves. He kept his head down, green eyes peeking from under his lashes as a dark pup entered the clearing. He could just make out a pair of dark brown eyes before the pup darted behind a log for protection. He allowed a very soft smile at the girls behaviour before he paused, stretching his body out.

"Urrrg...." He groaned, stretching his arms above his head. "I'm all alone out here, whittling my wood. I wish there were someone close to keep me company..." He said to himself, knowing exactly what the mind of a two month old puppy would think. If the little female didnt jump out and offer to keep him company, then she would be incredibly shy indeed. Either that or she wasnt a normal two month old pup. Rubbing his face softly with a hand, he waited, trying to see if she would take the bait.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread