whittling away the world
[html]
<33

He hadn't thought of the fact that his full name might confuse her. Most people in the pack knew his name anyway, but since his departure, a few new mouths had arrived and Saul didn't know if they knew who he was. So it would be easier to introduce himself by his full name, and then ask that she call him Saul. She was a sweet kid though and Saul felt the instinctive smile flash across his face. She reminded him of Magnolia, although that was so long ago and in such a different time and place that the wave of nostalgia hit him hard. Eyes smarting at the thought of Dahlia, Saul allowed Dalgina's small voice to take over the memories wafting over him. He turned back with a smile.

"Yes of course. It was very scary. But I had Hermes with me and he wouldn't let anything happen to me!"

Saul exclaimed with a grin. Of course, Saul hadn't been scared, but it perhaps wasn't the best idea to plant the idea of exploring in her young mind. Jace would never forgive him if her daughter decided to explore the world outside Ichika and never return. Of course, her next answer made him smile softly. She'd already been exploring when they'd come across each other. Perhaps Saul wouldn't need to plant ideas in her impressionable mind. But she seemed happy enough to stop and talk, so Saul shuffled around and invited her closer. She spoke again and Saul chuckled softly.

"A tree? But they're so complicated!" He laughed, before glancing up at the tree behind him and sighing dramatically. "But I guess I could give it a go!" He answered, taking the knife from the floor and beginning to flick away small chunks of wood. "So what about your brothers and sisters? Where are they?" He asked, wondering why she was out here alone.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread