change of hand
[html]

omnomnom

He could see the intelligence in the females eyes as he listed what he had to trade. He didn't think it was much and that he would be gaining more from their deal than she was. But there was a certain vigour in her eyes that made him think that his wares were perhaps not as worthless as he'd imagined they might be. When he'd first heard about the festival, he'd been disheartened by what he actually had to trade with. But as he began the bargaining process in his mind, he realised that one mans rubbish was another man's treasure. And perhaps he had something in his repertoire that interested the female. She said as much when she commented that she had much to offer.

"I guess you're right." He murmured softly, his mind working fast as the male with Amy lead the horse he had in mind forward. Saul took hold of the lead reign that was attached around the horses head, holding him at arms length. Critical green eyes looked over the horse, noting his condition. He stood straight which was a sign of good posture and character. Saul handed the lead reign back to Hadley before moving to stroke softly down the horses muzzle. He was a docile horse and he didn't mind as Saul slowly examined his eyes and ears and teeth, moving down to his legs and hooves on all four sides. As far as Saul could see, there was nothing wrong with the horse. "He's in excellent condition, Amy." He said softly, before she began to name her prices.

He knew right now would be the time to bargain for a cheaper price. But most of what she asked for made perfect sense to him. He paused, not wanting to give up on this process completely. "A medium carving for each pouch of herbs after the first pouch. I can made most things from the wood I have here." He stated simply, before he went to look over the herbs she actually had. She had a few pouches for pain relief, anti-inflammatories and various pouches for other illness. Mostly, they were mixes of herbs that would be useful to him. "I'd like the horse and three pouches. I'll give you a large pelt, a favour, my knowledge and one medium sized carving for those items." He said, voice firm. His knowledge would be invaluable to her and a favour could be called upon at any time.

"Is there anything in particular that you would like to know? Or should I just tell you information that I know? I warn you, I know most about the medical profession, although I'm a good builder as well. Also, what will your medium carved item be?" He asked, reaching in his bag for his carving knife and a hunk of dark wood that he thought would suit the female. He'd bought along a brown bear pelt and it lay nestled in the bottom of his bag. Pulling that out as well, he lay it across the horses back for safe keeping as green eyes turned towards Amy, wondering what she might wish to know.

word count → 528 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread