change of hand
[html]
Amy Sunders

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

The meaning of spiritual Saul used was very different than the one Amy was used to. In Europe one was religious or spiritual, with the two being distinguished as following a higher path and the other as being connected to the other side. Amy had known that the cultures were different here, but how different had been lost on her. They even used their words oddly. Part of that might be that most canines in Europe had a very small traveling distance between them, allowing differences in culture but the words to flow smoothly to allow the best possible interactions. Others might not speak the same language, but when they talk there were few, if any, miscommunications.

Amy was relieved to hear that they lacked that connection. Being tipped off that there was something darker about the dog every single time she met someone with that spiritual sense was annoying. It made deals more difficult, turning normally relaxed canines extraordinarily skittish. The open religion policy was a little different too, as Amy was used to viewing cultures as fairly strict. Instead this pack seemed fairly loosely knit, focusing on peace and reaching higher levels than actual culture. The perfect place for someone like Amy to corrupt. It would be so easy too. Amy pushed that thought aside though. She hadn't come to America to repeat the same mistakes she had in Europe. She was a trader, not an empire builder.

Questions followed his explanations, and Amy smiled mildly. Explaining the connections that she had was rather difficult. Amy had no direct connection with the other world, though she did regularly track down those that did for others. Her connection was something a little more challenging, and not something she wanted to inform others about either. Explaining that her family was basically made up of demons was a tad too dark for her taste, not to mention something everyone in her family politely ignored. No. I have no religion, though I do regularly find those with such abilities for those wishing access to those powers. Tracking them down was fairly good. It was keeping them alive that became the troublesome part. I'm from Europe. I'm not interested in settling down. I believe it serves me better if I travel to deliver my services to those who request it.

<style type="text/css">
.ramasks b {font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ramasks p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.ramasks p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.ramasks .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px;}
.ramasks .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do'; text-align:center; color:#ffeb7d; padding:0px 15px 200px; text-shadow:#1a1009 1px 1px 4px;}
.ramasks p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.ramasks {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a87340; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LpaOl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:50px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fefff1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread