collage of broken words
[html]

(327) psssh. tell me about it. I never get to catch up. XD

“How many?” How many bastard children had he sired? Lilin couldn’t help the alteration in her bearing – the slight droop of her narrow shoulders and the worry of her brow made her frustration blatantly obvious. She had no intention of hiding her disenchantment. Half-siblings were a bittersweet blessing; finding Colibri had been a pleasant surprise and she already appreciated the feel of having a sister, but her individuality felt trampled by the existence of others. What person would want to be a peon in an army of illegitimate, unwanted replicas of a dead man? Her expression remained the same when it was revealed that he’d hated children in his lifetime. She herself did not particularly feel at ease around little ones; whether said apprehension stemmed from a general lack of contact with them or something else, she couldn’t say. Seeing as she’d never nurtured or loved a child before, it was hard to provide Colibri with an appropriate reaction.

“My mother didn’t keep me from him out of love. I suspect she was ashamed. He wasn’t her first choice,” she countered with a sardonic smile, recalling Lillith’s relentless whining about how things should have been different; how Ahren de le Poer should have been hers. “She’s no saint either.” Lilin left it at that, still visibly offended by their recent brawl in the ruins of the old Azathoth church. The Soulstorm heir had narrowly escaped a life of abuse at the hands of her sire, only to endure a similar fate in the end. Same shit; different executioner. Losing her tail had fortunately never been one of her punishments. “Why did he do that to you?” Her inquiry escaped through parted lips, agape with disbelief. Lilin was someone who valued her own physical appearance; she was virtually unscathed, aside from a few minor scars. She couldn’t imagine living through circumstances akin to her newfound sister’s haunting past.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread