[p] counting out the signs we see
[html]
(447) hmm who sucks. oh yeah, i do. /flails in any matter, this is now my favorite Rob/Ec thread.

If it had been anyone else, Robert would have probably excused himself and left in an unexplained hurry. He would probably try to forget about the event and go on about his business. But, it wasn't anyone else; it was Eclipse. Despite the situation's overwhelmingness, he felt no urge to leave her. In fact, he felt that his presence was needed, and would only exit the house unless the woman would request.

He sighed in relief as his words seemed to register with her and slid down onto the couch. He was soon to follow her, and leaned back as he moved his fingers through his mane in a gesture to calm himself down as well; while he barely showed it for Eclipse's sake, the news and her mood had stressed him out a bit. It was much for him to suddenly swallow, and he was taking it the best he could without getting too emotional like his friend did. He moved his hands away from his hair and onto his face for a moment, and settled them at his side.

The momentary silence was broken by her with a remark about how he must have felt about her then, which he plainly blinked at as he turned back to her. She did not meet his gaze, but he could tell that was very near to crying once more. "Of course not!" he stated as if it was a matter of fact. "Eclipse, how can I think of you like that? You're not an 'idiot cry baby'." He wanted to reach out and comfort her, but he held back, unsure if it was right to do so. Instead, he moved closer to her and leaned over to try to catch her eyes.

"Look, you're not an idiot. I understand..." He trailed off for a moment, and added, "Actually, I don't." He was understating things; he was not in her situation, and it was hard for him to imagine how she must have felt. "But, what I do understand, is that no matter what, you are not in any way foolish." After getting that point across, he leaned back against the couch, and looked up at the ceiling. "In any case... What happened happen, and its okay." He didn't want to get personal with her, not when she seemed so distressed by it. Also, he wasn't sure if he wanted to know anyway... He wasn't too sure how he felt about all of this. But, he was certain that was wasn't going to think less of Eclipse.

Another silence spanned between them, and he reached up with a hand to ruffle his hair again, eyes narrowed in thought.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread