I can cut you to pieces
[html]
Table by Jael
ooc: Your posts are always so beautiful <3 You sort of inspire me to write more and explore more about what Naniko's feeling and why and stuff.

There weren't too many around who knew things about the old lands. She was very interested in speaking with someone who remembered the past; some days Naniko wondered if those days were nothing but a dream, or a memory that she would later forget about, like it never happened. She was from Chimera, originally, the last litter of pups born there before the pack combined with Syemv to become Aremys. Her past mate Conri, the father of Mati, Brooklyn, Salem, and Haven, had been from Aremys. She had spent two years of her life over across the mountains, but the memories of those days were fading as time went on.

She was no threat to this female and continued to act in a relaxed manner. This was her home and she wouldn't like to lose it, but there were more shops in this city. That would be the only thing that she thought might cause a confrontation, if someone wanted the shop that she was living in. Her little patch of ground. It had been a long time since the last time Naniko had been able to call herself a loner, and she was getting used to moving quickly from one place to another. She would put on a defensive show if anyone came to try and take the place, but it was only a temporary home to her anyway. "Yeah. We wouldn't want that" She had survived this long, Kaena had. It would be ironic if she ate a plant and it killed her.

The ceilings in the back area were slightly lower, and cobwebs and spiderwebs lined every crack and corner. If she had been standing in her optime form, her ears might have brushed the dirty surfaces; she was a large wolf to begin with and stood taller than almost everyone she knew when she was in her two-legged form. It wasn't something that often came to use, though, with the outlook of a pacifist and her generally friendly attitude. She looked away as the other shifted, jade eyes fixing on the jar that she had rolled out of her bag instead. She felt uneasy having someone watching her while she shifted sometimes, watching that intimate change, and didn't want to put any unnecessary strain on the situation if the other felt the same.

"It's this one here. I've got to get some new herbs anyway, once I get to a more wooded area...and I have many jars back in Crimson Dreams that my friend could get for me if I need them. You can take the jar, if you'd like. Put three pinches of it in with a cup of boiling water and stir it. You can either drink it or soak a cloth in it and put the cloth over the wound. If you drink it, it will help you avoid infection or illnesses" The instructions were simple enough, and she pushed the jar toward the other with her nose. "If you ever want to make some for yourself, too, some more powder...this one is really easy. Willow trees are easy to identify, with their long hanging branches. It's their soft inner bark that you want to get at...with a knife, or a spade or something sharp. You dry it, then grind it up into powder."

It turned out that Kaena had known of Clouded Tears. Naniko couldn't guess the age of the coyote, but she had been a part of Inferni's founding? She wasn't sure how old Inferni was, either. "I did know him, almost since birth. He was a part of the family...my mother Iskata's cousin, I believe. But I'm not related to him by blood...just through adoption. I never did take my mother's last name when she adopted me--I guess I thought the other D'angelos would come back someday, and I'd have some real family ties. But I suppose not." It was probably odd of her to be speaking to a stranger about her old wishes and whims, feelings that she'd had for a while about the rest of her estranged family. But she did feel a small tie to the scarred gray coyote in front of her. Kaena was from the old lands, and knew how it was.

"Mother argued with Laruku to let me stay. But eventually I think the old man came to like me--when I cared for my younger brother Davinci, after Iskata left, he often left us packages of meat or came by to make sure that we were okay on some of the harsher nights. When the fires came I was Laruku's Alsterin--just below the leadership ranks." She explained. Naniko was a born and raised pack wolf...she would probably always be one. If she could have stayed in Crimson Dreams she would have. "I don't dislike pack life...I was just forced to take a break from it to get some things back on track with myself. I'll be having pups in a month or so...they'll need a good pack to grow up in. Good protection."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread