I can cut you to pieces
[html]
Awwr, thank you. <3 I love threading with you, though. Your posts make me want to write good ones to keep up with you XD!

The silvery hybrid was a creature of the past. Kaena had been alive a very long time, and rattled and shaky as her psyche was, she had an excellent memory. There was not a lot the monochrome canine had forgotten in her many years, though there were naturally the places in her head where her consciousness had become less stable and she was more prone to blackouts and holes in her memory. Even still, with age these periods had decreased in frequency. The worst she'd had it lately had been that month and a half after Eris had left her behind—but even then, that could be partially attributed to her injury. The hybrid woman had slept most of those weeks away, subsisting on the mice until she hunted them into extinction, but by then she was well enough to fish.

Kaena was surprised as Naniko began to speak at length about the herb and its use, even teaching her how to procure and create more of it when this supply ran out. That shock showed on her face for a moment, and then it was replaced with genuine gratitude, spread across her wickedly scarred features warmly, lighting her face even through that mess of raw tissue. "Wow," she said, though there was certainly not a hint of sarcasm in the word as she'd used it so many times before. Kaena was absolutely bowled over by the wolf's generosity. "I... Thank you," she said abrubtly, now certain she would repay this wolf somehow. She picked up the jar and opened it up, sniffing it. It was not terribly unpleasant, though it carried some foreign twinge to it. Kae was certain that would be its aftertaste. "I will remember this," the grizzled woman said almost solemnly, speaking of the great favor the pale canine had just done her.

The woman was surprised further when the younger canine began speaking at length, mentioning several names which struck familiar chords within her. She clearly recalled Iskata Sadira, though she had been completely unaware that Laruku was her cousin. D'Angelo was even more familiar, and the look on the woman's face shifted from simply curious to intensely interested. "You're a D'Angelo? As in, Misery D'Angelo?" she almost demanded. Kaena knew the sable woman was the widow of Damian, and if this pale wolf before her was the child of that woman, there was a slim chance she held a relation to Ahren and her children, as well. The hybrid woman peered at her closely, trying to determine her age. She might have been four; Ahren would have been four, almost five, if she remembered correctly. There was a possibility Damian might have had more children after his tawny son. Maybe.

The name DaVinci almost curled the woman's lip, but she supressed it. There was no need to cause strife here by mentioning her recent altercation with the gray hybrid. But there was softness on her face; she recalled that Laruku had done much the same for her when she'd bore his children, though she had strangely felt that he had never wanted them. Certainly not with her—that was unexpected, at best. She sighed. "I am the mother of his children," she said softly. There was not much else she would say aloud about him—truth be told she did not know him. She had known his other side intimately, but there were few words spoken often between the two hybrid canines when Laruku was himself. There was some kind of stiff indifference, though Kaena knew he had been a good man at heart to keep dedication to the children he deeply resented in all likelihood. "He did the same for us when they were young," she added after a long moment, an almost bitter smile gracing her features for a moment.

The hybrid was surprised when the pale wolf mentioned pregnancy. Her golden eye regarded the loner again, and she saw it finally, the slightest bulge in her stomach. Though it normally did not please her that wolves were reproducing, this canine was different. She had been extremely kind to Kaena, and the hybrid woman quelled her usual dislike of the idea and grinned. "Are they your first? I am sure you will raise kind and strong children," the hybrid said. She was being genuine there; the hybrid did not doubt for a moment that the pallid woman before her was a good mother.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread