I can cut you to pieces
[html]
Table by Jael
ooc: >< <33

She couldn't help the way that she felt about herbs and healing. Iskata had exposed her to such things at a young age, the art of healing and other virtues such as patience and trust. If she would have continued to live in Chimera with Physe, her other father, she might not have learned those things. Physe had been a wonderful wolf, even up to the day that he had died...but he'd had a pack of his own to run after Ahren left and not enough time to spend with a little, hearbroken pup who missed her mommy. The girl had wandered from him to look for her parents, gone to the top of one of the elevated cliffs inside one of the neutral territories to howl for them, when she had fallen. That was when Iskata had discovered her. She'd had a broken leg and a fuzzy memory--but ever since that day, the scarred, bold Sadira woman had been Mother to her.

That was when her life had really started. She'd met Conri, Iskata had given birth to Davinci and Magdalena, then disappeared to look for the little white girl when she had disappeared into the ocean. Naniko started to raise the young Davinci on her own with the help of Laruku and Conri too, and Conri had come to live with her in Clouded Tears to help her. Over time they had come mates. Iskata returned and started a new family in Storm with Phoenix and had another litter...Davinci left, and Conri was kidnapped. Nothing had been the same after the kidnapping of Conri; he'd always been a little bit off since then. She had tried not to notice it, glad to have her mate and childhood friend back, but hadn't been very happy in the mateship. The fires had come after that, and the forming of she and Conri's star-pack, Twilight Vale. All of that had ended more quickly than expected; with the events that unfolded, the rape and arguments...Naniko had taken the pack herself alongside her best friend Savina, and renamed it Crimson Dreams.

"It's no problem. It's one of the easiest things to make and grind. Use a flat rock to crush it and push the rock around in circles to grind it up really good into powder." One final instruction was all that was needed--she thought that she had given the other all of the information that she knew about Willow Bark. She came farther out from her thoughts as their conversation continued and she answered with a nod. She could still remember Misery. Her memories had begun to come back around a year after her adoption. Her great-aunt had been ordered to watch Naniko and her younger sister Pontiac a few times, especially during pack hunts. "She was my great-aunt. My grandmother's sister." Her family tree was one thing that she did know about, thankfully. "I have another relative in Phoenix Valley...she's got to be an adult by now. Addison D'angelo. She's Misery's grand-daughter...she's the child of Cerulean D'angelo and Dierdre Rhiannon." A definite mix of family trees there.

She was surprised to learn that Kaena had bore Laruku's children--she had seen them once or twice, a few of them...but she wouldn't have connected the two. Naniko was three years old, herself, but she couldn't remember how old Laruku's kids had looked to be. It felt like a long time had passed since she had seen them...and back then she hadn't really been paying much attention to what the leader did, being so preoccupied with keeping her own life stable and on track. She simply nodded, unsure of what to say. It was good that Laruku had been good to his children and Kaena. But they must not have been too close...or mates, even, because she had never met the coyote woman before this point. Not that she could remember, anyway.

A smile and a shake of her head came before her response to the next question. This would be her third litter, the first being still-born and the second scattered throughout the lands, living their own lives. "This will be my third. It's one of the wonderful things about live, motherhood. But at the same time it's full of so many trials and hardships that some days it would seem easier to forget that you ever had children. My first litter were still-born..but my second lived. I have a son in the Cour des Miracles and two daughters in Crimson Dreams. My last son, Salem, left with his father Conri a few months ago. They tied Conri to some...murder, so I do worry about Salem. But I don't think that he would hurt his own flesh and blood. He's a bit misunderstood, Conri is..he went through a lot while we were mates." She didn't know if the rumors about the murder were even true; she had tried not to get involved in it. "How many children do you have altogether? Did some of yours leave as well?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread