I can cut you to pieces
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_fall.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:240px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
    The coyote woman had never known another place than Inferni as her home. The clan had been her place of residence for as long as she cared to recall—the times before this place were slipping away. They did not matter; she did not see those faces anymore. They were all gone, all dead—just one remnant of her past life had come to find her, and it had been years since she'd seen her wolf cousin Brennen. She wondered if there was a whole other species of Lykoi unfolding elsewhere, dimmer and more distant from her own blood. Would she even recognize one of them? The hybrid's ears folded back as she listened to Naniko. What would happen to her if Inferni no longer wanted her? The coyote woman almost shivered at the thought, her glowing golden eye regarding Naniko quietly for a long minute.

"That doesn't sound good," she offered, shaking her scarred head. "But you're right. That's where your blood comes in advantage, you can find a new home rather easily, wherever you think is best to raise your children," the coyote said, almost merrily. The prospect of puppies—even wolf puppies—raised her interest and made her almost giddy, if such a thing could be achieved within the battered canine. For a moment, the ghostly-white canine was quiet, looking at the tobacco sticks with a strange look in her eyes. The hybrid woman was certain she had offended her companion in her bluntness, and her ears were flat against her skull. After a moment, though, the female spoke, and offered the things to Kaena.

Gratitude passed swiftly over the woman's face, and were it not for the warning she'd just issued regarding their use during pregnancy she would have lit one then and there. Instead, she reached out slowly and took the pack, flipping it over a few times in her hands as she studied it. "Inferni could always use the paint for the borders, and I smoke these—sometimes," she added. It was the truth—Kaena was certainly no greedy smoker, and a pack with as many as this held would last her several months. "I'm going to owe you my firstborn, I think," she sarcastically jested, grinning widely to show it was a joke. "If you do figure anything I can do to repay you, let me know," she added. The prospect of owing this wolf something weighed on her mind, but Kaena bore it. Naniko had been too kind to her here today, and a failure to at least offer something in return would be a grievous error on the coyote's part.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread