I can cut you to pieces
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... enaban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
<3333

The coyote smirked at the mention of Phoenix Valley. It was one of those places she was highly unlikely to go—not unless she had a damn good reason. Gabriel had warned her that tensions between the coyotes and that particular pack were high, but recently there had been little trouble that she had known. Inferni had been preoccupied with the trespasser wolf for some time now; he seemed to be the bigger priority in everyone's mind. Kaena had a bigger reason to avoid Phoenix Valley—the white wolf she'd chased off of clan territory had been a member of the Valley pack, and certainly someone would be seeking her blood. Perhaps there would not be immediate reaction for what she'd done, but it would come, in due time. It wasn't as if she was unprovoked in her attack, anyway—the pallid wolf had been clearly on Inferni's territory, and trespassers were not treated kindly. Repeat offenders were lucky to walk away with their lives, and Kae supposed in that respect she might have saved Xeris a hell of a lot of trouble.

The coyote woman realized another piece of humor, and her grin broadened, even as she tucked the cigarettes into her pack. She'd have to carry the paint by hand, but it was worth the trouble. "My firstborn's probably got two years or more on you," she said, shaking her head. She felt old, though not so much physically. There were few creatures which had lifespans equal to her own—she had not met one older than herself in some years. It was difficult to outrank her in age now especially. "I hope you remain more respectful of borders than some of your future packmates," she said darkly.

The coyote was a creature of vengeance, and so was her clan—for the most part, anyway. She felt no remorse; in her mind the wolf was clearly in the wrong, lost or not. If she had been smart enough to run on first contact with Kaena, who had clearly warned the white wolf where she walked was claimed territory, as if the skulls hanging off of their borders and the strong smell of coyote didn't scream that loudly enough. There would have been no problems at all as far as Kaena was concerned so long as the wolves stayed away.

The coyote woman was not keen on murdered clanmates, and it could just as easily be one of her grandchildren the next time a wolf crossed their borders. Two of her own children had been snatched away from her in such a manner. "I like you, and on top of that I owe you now. I don't hold a grudge with the pack you've chosen, but perhaps it would be in my best interest to avoid Phoenix Valley, at least for a while anyway. Maybe we could keep our friendship to the neutral lands," the ashen hybrid added. She wouldn't want to run into Xeris or any of her friends, and neither would she want to get Naniko in trouble for bringing a coyote onto their lands.

Table thanks to Erin!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread