This isn't easy, (p)
[html]

Well, this was a barrel of laughs.

Jacquez turned in bemusement to see Ayita's tear-streaked face, her voice hitching with suppressed sobs as she murmured a phrase in his favorite tongue. She was always so accommodating in that way, lilting in the language of lovers whenever they met. But the glassy panic rising in her brilliant blue eyes made him do a double-take, realizing what exactly she had just confessed. "Pregnant? By him? Mes dieux, c'est un suprise! Leroy, you told me you were a bad boy, but I didn't expect this sort of mischief..." He shook his head, whistling in awe and completely callous to the nerve-wracked state of both expecting parents.

Predictably, Leroy panicked; his eyes were wild and his shoulders stiff as he turned to bolt. Jac suppressed a chortle - most men left the morning after the one-night-stand, so that they didn't get stuck in a sticky situation like this. But weren't they living together? He couldn't run too far. At least it would help him forget Svara, eh?

"He'll come back, mademoiselle Catori, he cares about the pack too much to leave. Pregnant, wow! I did not expect you to be the first mother in our kingdom. Svara perhaps, or Firefly, but - eh, does not matter, really. Let me know when they come out, I am curious as to what they will look like." To him, that was a nice gesture... The collie king smiled politely at the tear-stricken mother-to-be, disappointed that the action had concluded so quickly after his arrival. Ah well. Perhaps Ruri would be excited about the Cour des Miracles babies... He should tell her to keep Ayita company.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread